Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 03:58 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,063,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJickler View Post
Do you really believe that most men who supports abortion rights do so so that he can be sexually active with women knowing that they can just get an abortion? If so, I'm at a loss for words.
Yes, I DO believe that. Why else would they be that interested in abortion as an issue?

And I've known a lot of women over the years who were devastated when their boyfriends dumped them or even physically abused them when they refused to get abortions. Check out the murder and domestic violence statistics for pregnant women sometime. Did you know that PREGNANCY is one of the risk factors for a woman to be the victim of domestic violence?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 04:03 PM

I should add that I've also known men who were absolutely DEVASTATED when they found out that their wives and girlfriends had abortions without even discussing the issue with them. Talk about a lack of rights!

Old 06-02-2008, 04:37 PM

1,044 posts, read 1,959,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Again, you're fixated on campaign promises. If you want to believe those, go for it but some of us have more sense.

As far as I'm concerned, McCain has been the only honest one about the war and what is doable concerning taxes. (Oh, and don't even bring up that false 100 years thing -- they have twisted and spun it beyond reality.) Your friend Stickman has proposed a whole bunch of new programs and entitlements for a country that's deeply in debt. If you believe every campaign promise you're fed, then you apparently support and want all of these programs.

The ONLY campaign promise I could support is an overhaul of healthcare but certainly not the "optional" participation Stickman advocates. That wouldn't change things in the long run and it would be useless. Still, I don't believe he OR Hillary could effect sweeping reform in health care, unfortunately, but McCain's health care tax credit WOULD be doable.

It's all about being realistic and not mindlessly chanting slogans.
I'm not fixated on campaign promises, but I do think that John McCain and Barack Obama stand for two totally different principles.
I am voting for the person that I feel will be the best leader, you are voting for whom you feel will be the best politician, irregardless of the issues.
Only time will tell which one is the correct choice.

Old 06-02-2008, 04:54 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,851,735 times
Quote:
I should add that I've also known men who were absolutely DEVASTATED when they found out that their wives and girlfriends had abortions without even discussing the issue with them. Talk about a lack of rights!
It isn't their business. They are not the ones that have to go through 9 months of pregnancy and then support a baby for life when many times the man will welch out and run off.

Old 06-02-2008, 06:00 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,473,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsiderlookingin View Post
Hate to tell you this but your wasting your time with these folks. They never had any intentions on voting Democrat to begin with. They probably belonged to Chaos group. Some of them sound out right ridiculous and I bet with all they ranting and goings on here on these forum they are probably the type that rants and raves but never bother to go out and vote anyway. Let them speak of their hatred and make their racist remarks. They will deserve everything that they get in the next four years if their McSame gets in.
Very well written. You are right. These fanatics were probably never democrats anyway and were only around praising the "Oh Mighty Hillary" and were never on the right side of the issues. I guess it is true that the intelligent people have continued to support Obama. This has never rung so loud and clear and true until now when I hear Hillary supporters chanting "McCain" at the DNC Meeting on Saturday. Can't get any dumber!

Old 06-02-2008, 06:32 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,772,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
Very well written. You are right. These fanatics were probably never democrats anyway and were only around praising the "Oh Mighty Hillary" and were never on the right side of the issues. I guess it is true that the intelligent people have continued to support Obama. This has never rung so loud and clear and true until now when I hear Hillary supporters chanting "McCain" at the DNC Meeting on Saturday. Can't get any dumber!
Well said.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:00 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,079,608 times
I support and welcome all the Hill&Bill supporters to get behind McCain. I am proud of you. He's not far from a liberal, except he won't introduce massive tax increases and he WILL finish the job of Iraq - by winning.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:07 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,659,080 times
Quote:
Yes, I DO believe that. Why else would they be that interested in abortion as an issue?

And I've known a lot of women over the years who were devastated when their boyfriends dumped them or even physically abused them when they refused to get abortions. Check out the murder and domestic violence statistics for pregnant women sometime. Did you know that PREGNANCY is one of the risk factors for a woman to be the victim of domestic violence?!
Wow - I never would have even considered that as a possibility. I'm not trying to be mean or sarcastic. I honestly never would have thought of that.
I don't think that's why most men would support abortion, but hey, that's your opinion.
I happen to support a right to abortion because I feel it's a woman's right. And I'm definitely NOT trying to start an abortion debate!

Last edited by TheJickler; 06-02-2008 at 07:21 PM..

Old 06-02-2008, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
It isn't their business. They are not the ones that have to go through 9 months of pregnancy and then support a baby for life when many times the man will welch out and run off.
Yes, indeed, ladies DO have to consider 9 months of pregnancy and a lifetime of being a mom, which is why you'd think they would be very responsible about NOT getting pregnant in the first place if it's not something they're willing to do. Men should be highly responsible about birth control, as well, if they are REALLY concerned about women's "rights" and reproductive health. Sorry, but being willing to pay for an abortion and drive her to the clinic isn't a sign of an enlightened male.

And, sorry for taking this way off-topic, but I'm really tired of Obamaphiles spouting "women's rights" rhetoric at us. I'm especially tired of the assertion that women are all rabid about abortion and it's the only "right" we women have and consider.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:27 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,659,080 times
Quote:
Yes, indeed, ladies DO have to consider 9 months of pregnancy and a lifetime of being a mom, which is why you'd think they would be very responsible about NOT getting pregnant in the first place if it's not something they're willing to do. Men should be highly responsible about birth control, as well, if they are REALLY concerned about women's "rights" and reproductive health. Sorry, but being willing to pay for an abortion and drive her to the clinic isn't a sign of an enlightened male.

And, sorry for taking this way off-topic, but I'm really tired of Obamaphiles spouting "women's rights" rhetoric at us. I'm especially tired of the assertion that women are all rabid about abortion and it's the only "right" we women have and consider.
As a woman, what other rights do you consider that McCain will be so good for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections