Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 09:35 PM

690 posts, read 1,018,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
"Stupid," huh, coming from a guy who names himself "Cleanmaxx" hahahahahahahaha.

I am glad my screen name amuses you. (Later I see you were rolling on the floor laughing out loud!) You obviously don't know what it means as it really isn't all that funny...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 09:38 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,277,307 times
Default Hillary says dont cut off your nose to spite your face

Quote:
As soon as Obama gets the necessary number of delegates, I will be heading to the local GOP headquarters to sign up to volunteer for McCain. I figure, why waste a moment of being on the right side of the GE?! I think we should make ourselves heard, since the DNC has been pooh-poohing the numbers of people who say they won't support Obama.
teatime, Hillary has said twice NOT to do that.

Hillary Clinton pleaded for partisan unity on Thursday, urging Democrats not to abandon their party to vote for John McCain if their preferred candidate fails to secure the nomination.

Clinton was asked by a questioner in the audience here what she would tell frustrated Democrats who might consider voting for McCain in the general election out of spite.

“Please think through this decision,” Clinton said, laughing and emphasizing the word “please.”

“It is not a wise decision for yourself or your country.”

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Clinton tells Democrats: Don’t vote for McCain « - Blogs from CNN.com

Old 06-01-2008, 09:45 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,064,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
What is a true democrat then? Please explain.

It is a group fo people who are dishonest with themselves and others, lie, cheat and defraud each other until the last person is standing is the winner, or is it the party that believe it members are to STUPID to vote how they want it to go.

Any true democrat who sees what is going on and can honestly post it is correct needs some help from a doctor because if you are dishonest with yourself then you would be with others as well.

The democratic party has become a scam artist party.

If you believe in democracy and your rights then you wont vote for any democrat.

You gave them a chance in 06, do you really want more of the expanded failures of this congress!!!!!
Do you really want to give these people more time to screw more things up????

Time for a reality check, the dem party is for fools who dont have the guts to make a decision when it comes to right or wrong. If you cannot see what this party has done then you are too stupid to vote and your vote should be tossed out like all those in Florida and Michigan.

Gasping for air, the economy was rolling along just fine until Nancy and Harry circus show came to town and screwed it up. I think on purpose too.
Exactly right. Here's an example of ultra-liberal lunacy from my own life:

I was switching electric companies and trying to sign up for a term contract. The company said I would have to put a $300 deposit down because I am low-income and paid late twice in 18 months because they upped my bill due date by 10 DAYS and I had to wait to pay it when I got my disability check. I told them flat-out that I don't have $300 for the deposit.

So, the lady refers me to a program that provides energy assistance to low-income people just so I can pay that deposit in installments. They go over my income and such and decide that not only do I qualify for energy assistance, but they will give me food stamps, too! Oh, and I qualify for some program to help me pay my phone bill.

I DON'T WANT ALL OF THIS STUFF! I budget carefully and can pay my bills and buy food, thank you very much! I use a pay-as-you-go cellphone because it's cheaper than a land line! What I CANNOT pay is this $300 deposit that they're levying because I'm poor!

Consequently, I'm going to have to be a month-by-month customer and pay a bit more for my electricity than the rate I would have had in the term agreement. All because I don't want to sign up for a bunch of government programs!

See, this is EXACTLY what is wrong with the ultra-lefties! They just can't let a person like myself be -- they want to jump in and attach me to the government umbilical cord in all aspects of my life! Hillary and her husband are more moderate when it comes to government programs. Hell's bells, Bill was the one who made welfare recipients WORK and set limits on how long they could collect!

McCain is also a moderate who doesn't think that every solution is a government program. So, he's got my vote.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
teatime, Hillary has said twice NOT to do that.

Hillary Clinton pleaded for partisan unity on Thursday, urging Democrats not to abandon their party to vote for John McCain if their preferred candidate fails to secure the nomination.

Clinton was asked by a questioner in the audience here what she would tell frustrated Democrats who might consider voting for McCain in the general election out of spite.

“Please think through this decision,” Clinton said, laughing and emphasizing the word “please.”

“It is not a wise decision for yourself or your country.”

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Clinton tells Democrats: Don’t vote for McCain « - Blogs from CNN.com
I think some of these scares are so deep, and so painful that no matter what Hillary says or does, her fans are simply either not going to vote or they will vote McCain even though they know McCain will continue the Bush agenda. I guess they would rather try to live through 4 more years of this mess we are in (Actually it will get worse) than vote for Obama.

Look at posts here and at any Hillary only forum or blog. They are so angry, upset and feel cheated, that they will do what they want.

All too bad...

Old 06-01-2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanmaxx Brian View Post
I am glad my screen name amuses you. (Later I see you were rolling on the floor laughing out loud!) You obviously don't know what it means as it really isn't all that funny...
It sounds like zit cream. So, yes, it IS funny that someone would name himself something that sounds like zit cream.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:51 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,033,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
What is a true democrat then? Please explain.

It is a group fo people who are dishonest with themselves and others, lie, cheat and defraud each other until the last person is standing is the winner, or is it the party that believe it members are to STUPID to vote how they want it to go.

Any true democrat who sees what is going on and can honestly post it is correct needs some help from a doctor because if you are dishonest with yourself then you would be with others as well.

The democratic party has become a scam artist party.

If you believe in democracy and your rights then you wont vote for any democrat.

You gave them a chance in 06, do you really want more of the expanded failures of this congress!!!!!
Do you really want to give these people more time to screw more things up????

Time for a reality check, the dem party is for fools who dont have the guts to make a decision when it comes to right or wrong. If you cannot see what this party has done then you are too stupid to vote and your vote should be tossed out like all those in Florida and Michigan.

Gasping for air, the economy was rolling along just fine until Nancy and Harry circus show came to town and screwed it up. I think on purpose too.
On the ideals of the Democratic Party, which you are clearly not a part of, Obama and Clinton share more similarities that Clinton and McCain. Whoever would switch allegiance from Obama to McCain beause Hillary lost is not a true Democrat.

I will not respond to the rest of your repetitive and ignorant drivel.

If you believe that McCain is the most relavant candidate on issues pertaining to you, by all means, vote for him. If he's elected, you and everyone else who vote for him will deserve everything you get.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkey View Post
This is partly why I am not sure about voting for him. I try to follow my gut and it is not telling me good things at this point regarding Obama. All the hate I have seen emerge with his ties to aggressive pastors and all the dissension among people for Hillary or Obama. On top of that I just don't think he will know what to do when he gets in. We just had 8 years of a puppet. At least McCain knows how to control the army.
That's how I see it, too, Chefkey. I see Obama as just as naive about Washington as GWB and he will, thus, become the same puppet that GWB has been for darker forces.

The parallels are uncanny. I'm a Texan and I didn't think Bush had a chance in hell of being elected as he wasn't a very good governor of our state. Yet, no one paid attention to the fact that he left our state in a large amount of debt. All everyone kept talking about was what a great, "average Joe" he was, how he was good-looking, and how they'd like to have a beer with him. Pretty much the same stuff that's going on now -- ignore the problems and the record, focus on the "likeability."

Well, it didn't take long for Bush to be in WAY over his head. And Obama won't have a clue, either. He didn't even warm his Senate seat before deciding he was "frustrated" and bored and wanted to run for a higher office. Sorry, but that doesn't wash.

I am proud to say I never voted for Bush for Pres. even though I didn't really like Kerry. But I honestly feel more confident in my vote for McCain than I did with my vote for Kerry!

Old 06-01-2008, 09:58 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,277,307 times
That electric co. story above is as conservative as is possible to be. The $300 deposit, the upping your bill. That's bankers talkin', ma'am.

The EXACT OPPOSITE of lefty commies.
Quote:
All because I don't want to sign up for a bunch of government programs!
No, no, no! It's because you didnt meet the ultra-conservative electric company's deposit requirement! It's called a poverty tax!

Nothing more conservative than a utility company. It's just so wrong to blame such a thing on the left for Pete's sake. I hate to say it but they've really got you suckered.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:58 PM

Quote:
It sounds like zit cream. So, yes, it IS funny that someone would name himself something that sounds like zit cream.
OK, no more post from me...I now know exactly what kind of person this is on the other side of that keyboard.

If you need help...think grade school...

Now back to the subject...

Old 06-01-2008, 10:00 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,466,867 times
Either way, you guys were screwed. Had Hillary been the nominee, I would foresee a large group of crossover democrats to the republicans. She is just as divisive as any politician, actually much more.

You guys should have gone with Edwards. Playing a wild card like a snobby and arrogant woman against a racist black man in an election that you "can't afford" to lose was stupid. The "American Idol" candidate vs. Mrs. Inevitable.. I don't know who is worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections