Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2008, 08:40 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,353,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
Oh brother
how many here that has their heads up their rear ends in the Obama camp??
all the anger and guilt because we are saying what we will do, we live in America, remember??
The land of the free.
take your guilt and anger and stick it.
I personally am sick of the DNC and the congress that has done nothing since they won the house
they can not even work a week with out taking time off for some bull crap
Nancy P is the biggest joke around
The DNC is doing nothing and Obama will do nothing, I don't care what he SAYS he will do, he talks out of both sides of his mouth.
I am going to protest and I hope others will too, maybe if we speak loud enough and not cave in to the crap slung around here, we might see some changes made in this party!
I personally could give a s*** in what you think about this
I do not loose sleep at night because of Obama and his minions
I will work hard to make sure Obama looses
he is has a huge ego he is just like George W Bush
I voted for Al Gore who I could not stand and I voted for John Kerry who I could not stand because I am a dem that they were on the ticket, well NOT this time!!
This whole process has been bull.
Hillary Clinton was not my first choice or even second choice
but Obama is not on my list AT ALL
Well, have at it.
Sounds like the Republican Party is where you've belonged all along (and probably HAVE been actually).

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 08:44 AM

48,174 posts, read 22,026,263 times
Default A lot more at stake..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
We need to swallow hard, take the Pepto, and do the "four more years". Until a SUITABLE candidate can be found for the White House. McCain too old to run a second round. Obama, along with the Congress, will surely destroy us if he gains access over the next four years. So bite the bullet.
You seem to forget its not just about 4 more years. McCain's Supreme court appointments could reshape America for the next 25 to 30 years and not in a good way! You also suggest that we have 4000 more troops to sacrifice to the war and to mortgage our country to China so that our great grand children will still be paying the debt. I am not willing to see my children or grandchilden killed or maimed in this unnecessary war which does nothing except strengthen Iran and the extremists in the Arab world.

Pepto won't restore our constitutional democracy; our reputation in the world; rebuild our military, provide universal health care; rebuild highways; restore a sane process to the inspection of meats, imports, energy etc.

It is about much more than four years. Pepto wont bring back the dead Americans from the battle fields.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:49 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,186,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
You seem to forget its not just about 4 more years. McCain's Supreme court appointments could reshape America for the next 25 to 30 years and not in a good way! You also suggest that we have 4000 more troops to sacrifice to the war and to mortgage our country to China so that our great grand children will still be paying the debt. I am not willing to see my children or grandchilden killed or maimed in this unnecessary war which does nothing except strengthen Iran and the extremists in the Arab world.

Pepto won't restore our constitutional democracy; our reputation in the world; rebuild our military, provide universal health care; rebuild highways; restore a sane process to the inspection of meats, imports, energy etc.

It is about much more than four years. Pepto wont bring back the dead Americans from the battle fields.
Very well put.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:54 AM

48,174 posts, read 22,026,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Well, have at it.
Sounds like the Republican Party is where you've belonged all along (and probably HAVE been actually).

Ken
Remember the crazy Democrat from Georgia who turned Republican and ranted and railed at the last Republican convention Zeb or something like that. This sounds like someone of the same persuasion and god forbid that the Democratic Party try to keep the nut cakes satisfied.....the progressive Republicans couldn't even do that!!!!

Old 06-02-2008, 08:55 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,170,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Considering that he has SIX YEARS of experience getting things done in the Illinois senate, working on both sides of the Isle, that is simply a bogus claim.
Like voting present?

Anyhoo, I'm enjoying watching the Democrats tear at each others' throats.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:59 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,648,278 times
Even though touted as the next messiah, Baraka Hussein will not bring back the 4,000 either. In fact, under his marxist regime more death and destruction can be expected right here on our soil. Look for it, no doubt shortly after "tea" with the enemy.

Old 06-02-2008, 09:05 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,170,224 times
NPR just had a discussion on the Diane Reem show about this. Seems a few callers acknowledge that both Clinton and Obama have the same basic ideas on policy, but they're voting for the person, not just the policies. That's why you'll lose Hillary voters to McCain, not because they're "bad" Democrats. I guess party loyalty is more important to some Democrats than they'd like to admit.

Old 06-02-2008, 09:10 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,811,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
As soon as Obama gets the necessary number of delegates, I will be heading to the local GOP headquarters to sign up to volunteer for McCain. I figure, why waste a moment of being on the right side of the GE?! I think we should make ourselves heard, since the DNC has been pooh-poohing the numbers of people who say they won't support Obama.
teatime, your posts and positions make no sense b/c one minute you deny being a Hillary supporter but the next time around clearly express yourself as a bitter Clinton supporter - i have to give it up to 100% Michigan, s/he has been a proud Clinton supporter throughout this campaign while you appear to be as fake as you can get.

Old 06-02-2008, 09:14 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,667,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanmaxx Brian View Post
Above me are 2 posts from people who never stood for what Hillary believed in:
Health care for all
If you want government-run health care, you can always move to Canada.

Quote:
Ending the war and bringing the troops home
She voted FOR the war.

Quote:
Fixing this mess of an economy
What, by bleeding more of our income away in the form of more taxes?

Quote:
How sad and ignorant!
Whatever!

Old 06-02-2008, 09:20 AM

34 posts, read 156,255 times
In 1964 the Republicans nominated an extremist from the right, Barry Goldwater. MANY MANY SMART Republicans thankfully voted against their party and voted for John F. Kennedy.

Goldwater ran against LBJ, not Kennedy. Kennedy was dead by then.
United States presidential election, 1964 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections