Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2024, 04:27 PM

25,689 posts, read 12,772,161 times

Advertisements

According to the ongoing C-D poll, an overwhelming majority thinks Joe will opt out of any debates w/ Trump.

So, if that comes to pass, will that hurt Joe w/ Indy voters?

Indy voters will decide the next Prez, so how will they respond to Joe ducking a debate w/ Trump?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2024, 04:31 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
According to the ongoing C-D poll, an overwhelming majority thinks Joe will opt out of any debates w/ Trump.

Indy voters will decide the next Prez, so how will they respond to Joe ducking a debate w/ Trump?
I doubt if a poll on this forum tells you much of anything, keep in mind in most of the forums probably 70% of the readers are pro Trump

Old 03-07-2024, 07:18 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,108,580 times
A Biden/Trump debate would draw a large number of viewers.

Biden would put to rest the question of his cognitive state.

Trump would have to stay on script unencumbered by his ego.

Undecided Independent voters have an important voting decision ahead of them. They may very well decide the American political landscape for many years to come.

Old 03-07-2024, 07:24 AM

25,689 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I doubt if a poll on this forum tells you much of anything, keep in mind in most of the forums probably 70% of the readers are pro Trump
94% voted that there will be no debate...I'm going w/ that. You can go with the 6%.

Old 03-07-2024, 07:37 AM

6,538 posts, read 12,032,561 times
The 2020 debates were like watching the movie "Grumpy Old Men". If they debate this year it will like the sequel, "Grumpier Old Men".

Old 03-07-2024, 08:10 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
A Biden/Trump debate would draw a large number of viewers.

Biden would put to rest the question of his cognitive state.

Trump would have to stay on script unencumbered by his ego.

Undecided Independent voters have an important voting decision ahead of them. They may very well decide the American political landscape for many years to come.
Biden needs desperately to agree to a debate at this point, especially not taking the cognitive test, and appearing to be in the later stages of dementia.

If I were Trump, I would not look forward to debating Biden, as one really prefers to debate someone that is a challenge, and it just seems that Biden making statements would leave Trump just shaking his head, and the moderators get lost as to where to go from whatever came out of Joe's mouth, I mean, imagine trying to sort out what Biden just said. It would be difficult not to be rude when Biden gets confused, well, confused about everything, countries, people, and then there is staying in place where he doesn't wander off.

At some point, drugging Biden up will probably take Biden out if it continues. Whatever they are giving him, it requires more all the time.

Old 03-07-2024, 08:16 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
As an independent voter myself, no debate would have any effect on my November vote for Kennedy. No, he has no chance but hopefully others like me will send a message that for some of us neither Biden nor Trump is acceptable.

Old 03-07-2024, 08:24 AM

9,971 posts, read 5,669,596 times
While I don't think the election outcome will hinge solely on whether or not Biden chooses to debate, a "hide in the basement and let the other guy bark into the wind" general strategy won't work for a sitting President the way it did when he was a challenger.

Old 03-07-2024, 08:26 AM

9,357 posts, read 14,297,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

Better question is whether television viewers would find such a “debate” an entertaining bit of mixed slap-stick/macabre comedy worth watching or a painful bore and tune out?

I’m going with the latter.

Old 03-07-2024, 10:01 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,108,580 times
Trump has clearly stated that he will participate in a debate with Biden . . . Anytime, Any place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections