Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2024, 04:48 PM

78,327 posts, read 60,527,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
These days one's perceptions are one's truth..

And most of us have no clue of the origin of half the stuff we believe to be true. Whatever that is.
Speak for yourself.

Verify from diverse sources, don't buy into party politics and it's not that hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2024, 04:52 PM

Quote:
I do not need the Chinese to tell me about court packing in the USA. I have Mitch McConnell.
I'm not going to engage your fantasy there.

I liked RBG. I kept reading all these great articles about how she worked out and was this undying super-woman and how HIllary would win etc. etc. etc.

It was stupidity. All around.

So, we get what we got. There was no skew to the Scotus that lack of hubris on so many levels couldn't have prevented.

But by all means, explain where the process was not followed.

Old 04-07-2024, 05:00 PM

7,633 posts, read 8,699,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
It's been documented that Communist Chinese are hacking US social media and attempting to influence our 2024 elections.

I have no idea if City Data Forum is aware of this and monitoring any political posts coming from overseas, particularly China.

Most of the posts are describing Biden as Satan, etc and people in these forums are believing and re-posting these ideas including all the dis- and mis- information they contain.

US Chinese relationships are complicated but it is well known that Trump's America First policies could encourage China to invade Taiwan which is one of their goals. They also like the fact that he is attempting to destabilize our democracy by threatening elected officials who don't support him personally.

It's all of our civic duty not to post anything that's not true and also to not blame the current president for every single thing that happens, whether it be Trump or Biden or any other President. They are NOT supposed to be dictators!!! Our democracy runs on the voters and the checks and balances of houses of Congress. Packing the Supreme Court with those of only one political slant is also against the rules of our democracy- or at least it used to be!

https://www.businessinsider.com/chin...-the-us-2024-4

Also: Impeding VOTERS RIGHTS:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/why-trump...091851452.html

Wouldn't be surprised if the above post came from China. Not done wisely.

By the way, just a few days ago NY Times ran an article saying both Russia and China wanted Trump over Biden. So the OP could also be working for NYT.

Old 04-07-2024, 05:24 PM

23,966 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm not going to engage your fantasy there.

I liked RBG. I kept reading all these great articles about how she worked out and was this undying super-woman and how HIllary would win etc. etc. etc.

It was stupidity. All around.

So, we get what we got. There was no skew to the Scotus that lack of hubris on so many levels couldn't have prevented.

But by all means, explain where the process was not followed.
Well there was that time when the sitting POTUS was denied a hearing on his nominee due to the time remaining in his term.

Old 04-08-2024, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Well there was that time when the sitting POTUS was denied a hearing on his nominee due to the time remaining in his term.
Which wasn't against the rules. There should be some put into place about that though.

I wonder if your posts are what the OP was trying to warn us about?

Old 04-08-2024, 06:48 AM

3,180 posts, read 1,654,323 times
Biden is so awful, should've known better. American voters are dumb they will believe anything.

Old 04-08-2024, 08:54 AM

23,966 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Which wasn't against the rules. There should be some put into place about that though.

I wonder if your posts are what the OP was trying to warn us about?
You question all my post.

Old 04-08-2024, 10:03 AM

Quote:
You question all my post.
Hey, I was at least agreeing with some of your feelings about the situation, just found the whole thread funny from the start where the OP wants power to stop misinformation...and then drops a bunch of partisan misinformation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections