Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who are you voting for President in 2024
Donald Trump 83 51.88%
Joe Biden 55 34.38%
RFK Jr. 7 4.38%
Someone Else 15 9.38%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2024, 12:57 PM

510 posts, read 519,425 times

Advertisements

With 100 votes in, it seems we have a halfway decent sample.

Trump is clearly in the lead.

The surprising thing though, is that 16% of voters are saying they will not vote for either major party candidate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2024, 03:02 PM

19,828 posts, read 9,387,493 times
I have come to believe that City Data is NOT an accurate predictor. Imo, I think that it is obvious that most C-D posters are above average in both intelligence and political awareness.

Old 04-17-2024, 03:06 PM

19,828 posts, read 9,387,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckRebel View Post
With 100 votes in, it seems we have a halfway decent sample.

Trump is clearly in the lead.

The surprising thing though, is that 16% of voters are saying they will not vote for either major party candidate
Not a surprise to me. Have you seen this thread? https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...selection.html Out of 34 votes so far, 17.65% say that they will vote third party, and many of the posters in that thread say that they will either not vote for any of the POTUS candidates or they will not vote at all.

Old 04-17-2024, 07:24 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,465,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
It’s absolutely true, you’re just in denial about it. Truth be told it’s not just Biden. Any vote for any Democrat is a vote for an open border and the human trafficking child rape and drug overdoses that come with an open border.

You can vote for a candidate other than Trump who won’t have an open border. You won’t because you endorse an open border and will vote for Biden to keep it open.
Don't lie about me. I do not endorse open borders at all. Don't insult me personally again.

Nevertheless, I won't vote for a throw-away third-party candidate, because I want to stop a Trump victory, no matter what.

Trump is a self-important bully-tyrant who doesn't care about anyone else, especially anyone who stands up to him. Bullies do not belong in the White House. Plus, I don't want to hear or see Trump on TV or social media like we did before when he occupied the Oval Office.

This past week I watched an episode about Julius Caesar. Caesar became a tyrant, and he died a tyrant's death because of it.

It is Republicans who kowtow to Trump who are going to guarantee a Biden victory.

Old 04-17-2024, 07:44 PM

25,812 posts, read 12,859,717 times
Looks like I have no choice except to vote for Trump again...ugh...here comes more interest on more debt.

I never voted from Trump in a Primary, so I've done my best to tee up somebody else, but failed...3 times now.

Open borders, China 1st, and wars galore is not acceptable to me...so I'll have to vote for Orange Man...unless he's in jail.

Then I'd write-in Rand Paul or Ron DeSantis...undecided on that one.

Old 04-17-2024, 09:20 PM

17,674 posts, read 6,934,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Don't lie about me. I do not endorse open borders at all. Don't insult me personally again.

Nevertheless, I won't vote for a throw-away third-party candidate, because I want to stop a Trump victory, no matter what.

Trump is a self-important bully-tyrant who doesn't care about anyone else, especially anyone who stands up to him. Bullies do not belong in the White House. Plus, I don't want to hear or see Trump on TV or social media like we did before when he occupied the Oval Office.

This past week I watched an episode about Julius Caesar. Caesar became a tyrant, and he died a tyrant's death because of it.

It is Republicans who kowtow to Trump who are going to guarantee a Biden victory.
When you vote for Biden again you are personally responsible for every death, rape, and overdose that happens because of your open borders policy. I know the truth hurts but that’s the truth.

Old 04-18-2024, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Looks like I have no choice except to vote for Trump again...ugh...here comes more interest on more debt.

I never voted from Trump in a Primary, so I've done my best to tee up somebody else, but failed...3 times now.

Open borders, China 1st, and wars galore is not acceptable to me...so I'll have to vote for Orange Man...unless he's in jail.

Then I'd write-in Rand Paul or Ron DeSantis...undecided on that one.
I'm in the same boat. In 2016 I was a Cruz guy, in 24 I was rooting for Desantis.

I like Trump, I think he was a good President, but I'm not a Trump cultist. If he had actually followed through with his promises in his first term he would have been a Goat.

Old 04-18-2024, 06:07 AM

25,812 posts, read 12,859,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckRebel View Post
I'm in the same boat. In 2016 I was a Cruz guy, in 24 I was rooting for Desantis.

I like Trump, I think he was a good President, but I'm not a Trump cultist. If he had actually followed through with his promises in his first term he would have been a Goat.
Trump didn't know how hard it was to really "drain the swamp"...he thought he could just fire everyone...he thought wrong.

That's what "Project 2025" is partly about...changing the laws to legally expell Thousands of swamp-dwelling parasites, who are 98% Dems.

Trump also thought he'd have more control on spending. He underestimated the RINO's, & failed to hire Newt; who knew how to defeat them.

Trump's accomplishments, as a novice outsider, still exceeded my expectations. Which is why I'll vote for him in '24.

If Trump wins, the Pubs hold the House, & retake the Senate; Liberalism will be purged, the swamp drained, the border closed, & spending cut.

I still predict it will not be Trump v Biden. I'm psychologically prepared for a Newsom/MO'bama ticket.

Old 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM

trump leading biden in a new poll

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/34072...-national-poll

Old 04-18-2024, 11:51 AM

Ohio GOP leaders reject Democrats' plan to get President Joe Biden on November ballot​

Ohio officials rejected a plan from Democrats to get President Joe Biden on the November ballot after the party scheduled its convention past a state election deadline.

"Instead, the law mandates the Democratic Party to actually certify its president and vice-president candidates on or before August 7, 2024," Julie M. Pfeiff

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...t/73351358007/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections