Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What will you be doing ?
I will be voting for one of two major parties. 56 74.67%
I will be leaving blank. 8 10.67%
I will be voting for 3rd party. 11 14.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2024, 07:05 AM

59,555 posts, read 27,740,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Nope. My vote is just an expression of my opinion, which last I heard, I had a right to vote for whomever I wanted.

I am not going to apologize if you have a problem with that.
"I had a right to vote for whomever I wanted."

Absolutely correct. Never said otherwise.

But, you should vote.

Old 04-17-2024, 07:27 AM

641 posts, read 326,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Then I don't want a word from you later on anything done or said from whoever is elected!

"If you are not part of the solution, then you ARE pat of the problem"!

People have given their LIVES so you would have the opportunity to vote!

And you want to throw it away, sad, so very sad!

It's no wonder we are in the fix we are in!
I understand and actually agree with you. But I just utterly despise two main candidates. To me, it would be akin to choosing what type of cancer to get. I know it’s a cliche, but that’s just how I feel.

Another poster suggested that write-in is an option. I didn’t know that.

Old 04-17-2024, 07:41 AM

9,656 posts, read 4,450,405 times
I've chosen not to vote in the past when the choice came down to 2 unpleasant candidates (Clinton and Trump in 2016). While I am appalled that either Biden or Trump are their party's nominees this year and would prefer not to vote for either one of them, there is no way we can take another 4 years of Biden. He has been an unequivocal disaster. The damage he's done - and continues to do - may take decades to unwind. As such, I'm voting for Trump. He was a decent President, but his childish antics are growing tiresome. I'll take childish antics over complete incompetence and a relentless anti-American attitude any day of the week. Biden has got to go, even it requires voting for Trump.

Old 04-17-2024, 07:49 AM

6,330 posts, read 3,028,910 times
Because I fear for our young women, who are being raped and murdered by illegal aliens at an alarming rate, I cannot leave the presidential spot blank this year, even though I'm not a fan of certain aspects of Mr. Trump, because I care more about the safety of our young women than the faults of Mr. Trump. Given that Mr. Trump is the only candidate offering a viable solution to President Biden's purposefully created border crisis, President Biden and the Democratic Party are forcing me to vote for Mr. Trump. The safety of our young women supersedes everything else.

Old 04-17-2024, 07:50 AM

26,415 posts, read 19,281,321 times
A blank is a vote for Biden. Dominion will conveniently fill in the blank for you.

Old 04-17-2024, 07:54 AM

8,187 posts, read 12,935,355 times
I would prefer Trump win however since I am in Tennessee which will go to Trump I am voting 3rd party (libertarian) just to show my disgust with the two party system we have.

Old 04-17-2024, 07:57 AM

10,830 posts, read 7,297,643 times
Voting for Trump, best President in our nations history and also anointed by God to be President. We are living in a time of history, and I would love to be part of it.

Old 04-17-2024, 08:02 AM

5,379 posts, read 3,279,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Then I don't want a word from you later on anything done or said from whoever is elected!

"If you are not part of the solution, then you ARE pat of the problem"!

People have given their LIVES so you would have the opportunity to vote!

And you want to throw it away, sad, so very sad!

It's no wonder we are in the fix we are in!
He or she can say whatever they want!

We are not "in the fix we are in" because people don't care. We are in the fix that we are in because the two party system is broken. We have a system that selects otherwise unwinnable candidates and on election day we're forced to choose between an elderly man on the cognitive decline wearing a blue tie and another elderly man on the cognitive decline wearing a red tie. THIS is the reason we are in the fix we are in.

Old 04-17-2024, 08:16 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,185,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrish78 View Post
Self-explanatory..

I am not happy with the choice I am being given and thus, won’t be voting in presidential category. Who else feels the same way?
And what is that going to do......someone is going to be elected.

Old 04-17-2024, 08:19 AM

9,398 posts, read 6,523,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
I've chosen not to vote in the past when the choice came down to 2 unpleasant candidates (Clinton and Trump in 2016). While I am appalled that either Biden or Trump are their party's nominees this year and would prefer not to vote for either one of them, there is no way we can take another 4 years of Biden. He has been an unequivocal disaster. The damage he's done - and continues to do - may take decades to unwind. As such, I'm voting for Trump. He was a decent President, but his childish antics are growing tiresome. I'll take childish antics over complete incompetence and a relentless anti-American attitude any day of the week. Biden has got to go, even it requires voting for Trump.
Biden himself is merely a puppet for the Democrat party. The Democrat party is 100% beholden to the UN. I do not want the UN leading the US. I also tolerate Trump's immaturity to keep the UN at bay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies