Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What will you be doing ?
I will be voting for one of two major parties. 56 74.67%
I will be leaving blank. 8 10.67%
I will be voting for 3rd party. 11 14.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2024, 09:01 AM

3,012 posts, read 1,193,683 times

Advertisements

If you dont vote then dont *itch about what how bad it is in the country!

Old 04-17-2024, 09:24 AM

16,248 posts, read 10,967,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post

We are not "in the fix we are in" because people don't care. We are in the fix that we are in because the two party system is broken. ...THIS is the reason we are in the fix we are in.
Okay. So, who or what is responsible, how did it happen, what is benefiting or controlling the failure of the two-party system?

-- Voter apathy and a breakdown in civic involvement
-- Money, money, money -- dark money, corporate money
-- Media predators and rabid or fake news
-- Lack of anything resembling the "fairness doctrine."
-- Deliberate efforts to drive divisional wedges in society and culture
-- One-trick-pony interest group candidates
-- Term limits pushing unqualified candidates to seek higher office
-- Culture War candidates with money and group backing
-- A broken primary and caucus process
-- Voter misinformation, conspiracy theories, and willful ignorance

----- All of the above?

Old 04-17-2024, 09:43 AM
Status: "BAGA - Be a Great American: Expose far-right lies daily" (set 8 days ago)

11,314 posts, read 7,353,573 times
Eh, it really doesn't matter. None of the politicians on the scene, or any of the parties, offer any hope. The entire system is flawed, with no signs of any correction or hope. Instead of moving toward different approaches and lessening the stranglehold of partisan politics, most are just digging in deeper to the muck and nonsense of the two worthless parties.

We're way beyond any specific vote, and even all of them together, because the same old nonsense and status quo will remain. How much time will you and I waste trying to change tiny atoms of a huge mess. The monster will go unchanged, and we just continue on, with no learning. America is perhaps most brain-dead when it comes to politicians and politics.

Old 04-17-2024, 10:00 AM

10,249 posts, read 11,237,141 times
If one doesn't vote, they shouldn't say a word about nothing. NOTHING.

Old 04-17-2024, 10:14 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,271,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Anyone who does, should be deported!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Voting for Trump, best President in our nations history and also anointed by God to be President. We are living in a time of history, and I would love to be part of it.
I am hoping the above are hyperbole.

Myself, I currently plan on Option D - write in candidate. I haven't 100% decided on who that will be (and in reality it won't matter much), but I don't like either candidate of the two major parties and if I'm going to be voting for someone who doesn't stand a chance of winning I'd rather at least cast it for someone I would actually affirmatively vote for. If I find I like one of the third party candidates enough then I may go that way.

Old 04-17-2024, 11:16 AM

20,175 posts, read 9,700,951 times
Two points:

First, I have read -- although I don't know if that is true or not, as I don't remember where I read it -- that write-in votes take up a lot of time for those in charge of tallying the votes of each precinct. Although that might not be much of an argument for not writing in names, after the delays in vote counting in 2020, I can understand why a barrage of write-in votes might lead to more questioning/suspicion of the results.

Second, I think that not voting IS expressing an opinion. Having said that, however, I admit that in past election years, I sometimes expressed the opinion "don't complain if you don't vote", but never before have we been forced to choose between an 81-year-old man who frequently has trouble articulating a coherent thought and a man who is now facing so many criminal charges that it is difficult to keep up with all of them.

That being the case, I think people can be excused for not wanting to participate in this election, which is actually a farce, in my opinion.

Last edited by katharsis; 04-17-2024 at 11:31 AM..

Old 04-17-2024, 11:28 AM

4,951 posts, read 3,121,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
That being the case, I think people can be excused from not wanting to participate in this election, which is actually a farce, in my opinion.

Without low campaign spending caps, all of them are a farce.

Old 04-17-2024, 11:53 AM

24,817 posts, read 17,567,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Okay. So, who or what is responsible, how did it happen, what is benefiting or controlling the failure of the two-party system?

-- Voter apathy and a breakdown in civic involvement
-- Money, money, money -- dark money, corporate money
-- Media predators and rabid or fake news
-- Lack of anything resembling the "fairness doctrine."
-- Deliberate efforts to drive divisional wedges in society and culture
-- One-trick-pony interest group candidates
-- Term limits pushing unqualified candidates to seek higher office
-- Culture War candidates with money and group backing
-- A broken primary and caucus process
-- Voter misinformation, conspiracy theories, and willful ignorance

----- All of the above?

All of the above and more.

We used to have a system where our Elected worked together to Make America Great. There was always compromises and concessions to be made by the party that was not in power BUT they still managed to work together. What we have now is the Democrat party is ruling this country and trying to ram every progressive scheme they have down our throats. Take the last Border bill that had more money in it for Ukraine than it did for our own Border plus it allowed up to 5000 "migrants" in per day. How dumb but when the Reps denied it the Left screamed that they didn't want to "close the border" because Trump told them not to.

The way many of us see it is that the Dems are running this country off a cliff and the unorganized constantly bickering Reps are holding on for their dear lives and dear jobs.

We need Trump in 2024 because we cannot handle another 4 years of Lies, Bidenomics, Build Back Better, a WW3 and 10 Million more Illegal Aliens.

The Democrats have divided this country like never before and their end game is keep us divided and squabbling while they usher in a new order. Leaving the ballot blank as a protest is allowing the Dems to continue the dismantling of our Freedoms.

Old 04-17-2024, 01:58 PM

3,900 posts, read 5,335,278 times
I would never leave my vote blank, but this round I will be picking the best 3rd party candidate for my ballot.

I am not afraid of another 4 years of either Biden or Trump, even though I think they both contributed to the mess we are in now, so I wont reward either of these losers for terrible job performance.

My vote will be a protest vote, because at the end of the day, whether it is Biden or Trump I will still find a way to live my life and be successful. Unlike these whiny retards that have to rely on a politician to hold their hand and figure **** out.

Old 04-17-2024, 02:15 PM

30,566 posts, read 23,987,526 times
I will vote for Trump.

After this election, I'm done voting. I'm done with our government. I'm not participating in this clown show anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies