Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2024, 06:23 PM

5,904 posts, read 3,930,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g555 View Post
Interesting as Trump is more pro Israel than Biden
Big Daddy Tariff tried his best, but "Genocide Joe" is hands down the most pro-Israel president this country has ever had. Just look at the receipts -- $5,736,701 from the Pro-Israel lobby since 1990. No one else in either major party comes close.

"I say again, you need not be a Jew to be a Zionist."
-- President Joe Biden, July 2023

Old 04-22-2024, 06:37 PM

35,474 posts, read 17,374,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Big Daddy Tariff tried his best, but "Genocide Joe" is hands down the most pro-Israel president this country has ever had. Just look at the receipts -- $5,736,701 from the Pro-Israel lobby since 1990. No one else in either major party comes close.

"I say again, you need not be a Jew to be a Zionist."
-- President Joe Biden, July 2023
Calling him "Genocide Joe" is revolting. I am no fan, mind you but that is unfair. What Hamas did on October 7, 2023 was genocide.

Old 04-22-2024, 07:25 PM

19,032 posts, read 14,313,964 times
Since the tenets of Islam require destroying America's government, they're in violation of the SMITH ACT.
Of course, enforcing such laws is politically incorrect.

Old 04-23-2024, 03:06 AM

24,928 posts, read 9,673,925 times
Muslim Americans, Jewish Americans, Asian Americans, and Black Americans are all being played like a fiddle by the left.

Old 04-23-2024, 05:24 AM

23,709 posts, read 17,384,368 times
Well they certainly won't support Trump unless they believe the media and consider hi an anti semitic.

Idiots for NOT supporting biden.

Biden restored the aid to palestine which hamas took and used for defenses.

Biden restored millions to Iran to help support hamas and the oct 7 attack on Israel

Killed US energy supply to bolster iranian oil and russian oil prices

Created the groundwork for the formation of the axis of evil.... china, rissia, NK and Iran working in cooperation to set the world on fire beginning with attacks on Israel.

Muslims who hate biden should build a monument to him for his financial support, only bettered by Iran.....which biden enriched!.

Old 04-23-2024, 06:33 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,260,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
The "Abadon Biden" protest vote is all about what's going on in Gaza. They understand very well they may cost Biden the election and are willing to accept another four years of Trump to prove a point. Which is to make the Biden Admin pay dearly for their support of Israel.

If after the election it appears the "Abandon Biden" vote did cost Biden WI, MI and the WH - will be interesting to see how Dems react.
The problem is- you will have 4 years of a hugely Pro-Ireal US policy- that at times bordered on anti-Muslim- it will have a decade of consequences. It all sounds like the Susan Sarandon/Berner crowd from 2016. They would not vote for Hillary because they assumed Trump would embolden some revolution on the left. Instead, he reshaped the Supreme Court for at least a quarter century, emboldened conservatives to take the reins at all levels of government and has given Rs a more fervent base than they ever had in my lifetime.

I don't doubt many will abandon Biden and most Democrats but if we are being logical- posting memes, taking over public squares, and throwing fits in the streets is not as productive a voting/having a seat at the table. I don't think this crowd was prepared for people (even those left of center) to not overlook that October attack.

Old 04-23-2024, 07:24 AM

6,757 posts, read 6,010,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
The problem is- you will have 4 years of a hugely Pro-Ireal US policy- that at times bordered on anti-Muslim- it will have a decade of consequences. It all sounds like the Susan Sarandon/Berner crowd from 2016. They would not vote for Hillary because they assumed Trump would embolden some revolution on the left. Instead, he reshaped the Supreme Court for at least a quarter century, emboldened conservatives to take the reins at all levels of government and has given Rs a more fervent base than they ever had in my lifetime.

I don't doubt many will abandon Biden and most Democrats but if we are being logical- posting memes, taking over public squares, and throwing fits in the streets is not as productive a voting/having a seat at the table. I don't think this crowd was prepared for people (even those left of center) to not overlook that October attack.
Trump's facilitation of peace accords between Israel, Bahrain, Morocco, UAE, & Sudan wasn't anti-Muslim. In a way it was very pro-Muslim. Peaceful trade and mutual recognition are beneficial and empowering to the normal people, not to the radical jihadist types.

During Trump's term, there was hardly any war between Israel and its neighbors. Just some police actions in Gaza and West Bank, responses to provocations. Iran was on the defensive, laying low and trying to avoid retaliations from a U.S. president they regarded as crazy and unpredictable. The Russians were also careful not to provoke him, and China meekly agreed to his every demand i.e. to purchase $50 billion in U.S. agricultural goods.

Then there was the border situation that, despite Democrat efforts, Trump was fixing. He got Mexico to station tens of thousands of soldiers near the U.S. border, he persuaded (blackmailed) some of the South and Central American countries to quit sending their migrants north, he got at least some border fencing constructed, and there was a general rumor among migrants that the U.S. was no longer open to entry.

We traded THAT for Biden's weak and feckless defeatism. And now the U.S. is being overrun by millions of migrants from all over, the world is in flames, and World War Three approaches.

The question is whether American voters have any clue about any of this. Thus far, the continuing 47% support for Biden suggests they do not.

Old 04-23-2024, 07:42 AM

35,474 posts, read 17,374,936 times
Quote:
I don't consider having the availability of a politically stable Normandy-style beachhead in that region to be anti-Muslim. Even if the US returns to pro-production energy policies, and again becomes a net exporter, the world still needs oil from that part of the world. Solar and wind will not do the trick anytime soon. Thus, Israel is essential in order for the Western powers to be able to intervene, in order to ensure availability of vital resources. I expect you to say that there have been no interruptions recently. I will respond by saying that the availability of Israel acts as a "wet blanket" over disruptions in that part of the world. Thus, Israel is vital, and not for anti-Muslim reasons.

Quote:
Should that massacre have been disregarded? I don't think so. Or intellectually honest, and oppose so-called genocide in that part of the world, the Hamas massacre on October 7th definitely qualified. And no one can say Israel has been random in their efforts. Yes there have been unfortunate collateral deaths such as the aid workers. As far as Palestinian civilian deaths, you have to admit that the tunnels are placed underneath civilian facilities. Hamas is using these civilians as propaganda display pieces.

Old 04-23-2024, 09:00 AM

32,048 posts, read 36,969,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Leave the top of the ticket blank.

Cost Biden WI and MI.

As far as Trump winning. Some see it as it as the only way to force the Dem leadership to understand they mean business.
Cutting your nose off to spite your face. "I'll show you, Joe Biden -- instead of trying to move policy in my direction, I'm going to make things much worse for myself and the people I care about!"

Old 04-23-2024, 09:49 AM

14,080 posts, read 8,230,172 times
Quote:
The problem is- you will have 4 years of a hugely Pro-Ireal US policy- that at times bordered on anti-Muslim- it will have a decade of consequences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Cutting your nose off to spite your face. "I'll show you, Joe Biden -- instead of trying to move policy in my direction, I'm going to make things much worse for myself and the people I care about!"

Nevertheless, many Arab-Americans in the all-important swing states of MI and WI are planning to punish Biden for his support of Israel. And if Biden loses these two states, he very likely loses the election.
Quote:
Of course, working to defeat Biden also means aiding the return of Donald Trump, but Awad and Walid seem to have made their peace with that.

Awad said he doesn’t like Trump and doesn’t welcome a second Trump term, but he’s prepared to accept that outcome for the sake of punishing Biden. “I’m going to live under Trump, because I survived under Trump, because he’s my enemy,” he says. “I cannot live under someone who pretends to be my friend.”

He believes that proving a point about the power of the Muslim vote is worth it. “Is it going to be painful? Four more years under Trump?” he asks. “I say yes, and we are bracing for it,” adding, “At least what I have accomplished is, I told every politician, ‘Don’t take us out of the equation, because you will miss.’”
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/28/o...iden-gaza.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies