Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:09 PM

11,090 posts, read 7,149,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atsushi View Post
But the vast majority of voters who are in the middle, who are going to determine the outcome of this election, have not been paying attention to politics.

So I do believe campaigning, debate, fund raising, number of field office and staff, and ground game will make a difference in the outcome.
And yet none of those show one's history of priorities, actions, and decisions in politics. The only real data is investigating what the politician has worked for and worked against. Actions not only speak louder than words, but in politics, they are the only metrics one can count on. The rest is just noise and dramatics; political smoke and mirrors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:33 PM

1,296 posts, read 647,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Biden is campaigning a lot now, taking advantage of Trump's forced presence in court.

I wouldn't bet on watching a debate this time though.
Campaigning? HaHa! He looks like a refugee from The Walking Dead..and he's even talking about cannibals now..and the entire world knows he is enfeebled..except Uncle Bosey and many posters here.

Old Yesterday, 01:46 PM

596 posts, read 894,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-C View Post
Campaigning? HaHa! He looks like a refugee from The Walking Dead..and he's even talking about cannibals now..and the entire world knows he is enfeebled..except Uncle Bosey and many posters here.
It is interesting so many people equate physical appearance with strength, and as if, that's the only thing that matters for president.

Isn't the most important aspect of president's job to make decisions?

And that's one aspect of the presidency, we can't actually observe because it happens behind closed door. We can only observe when he makes speech or engages in official public duties. But to me, that's least important.

Yes, of course, if the president has youthful appearance, that would be great. But even if it doesn't, I would value his decision-making skill more than appearance.

He could be on his wheelchair for all I care as long as he can hire competent people, listen to their advice and make proper decision for the country.

And those who have seen Biden make decisions, including Republicans, have admitted that he is on top of all the issues and is competent.

The same can't be said of Trump. Why are so many people who used to work for him, now against him?

Old Yesterday, 01:58 PM

5,480 posts, read 3,919,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
Makes you wonder what the media is going to do for the next 6 months with nothing to cover.
Campaign for Biden, according to your sentence immediately before this one? I sure hope they run a relentless and effective campaign

Old Yesterday, 04:22 PM

1,296 posts, read 647,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atsushi View Post
It is interesting so many people equate physical appearance with strength, and as if, that's the only thing that matters for president.

Isn't the most important aspect of president's job to make decisions?

And that's one aspect of the presidency, we can't actually observe because it happens behind closed door. We can only observe when he makes speech or engages in official public duties. But to me, that's least important.

Yes, of course, if the president has youthful appearance, that would be great. But even if it doesn't, I would value his decision-making skill more than appearance.

He could be on his wheelchair for all I care as long as he can hire competent people, listen to their advice and make proper decision for the country.

And those who have seen Biden make decisions, including Republicans, have admitted that he is on top of all the issues and is competent.

The same can't be said of Trump. Why are so many people who used to work for him, now against him?
Nice job Karine! You deserve a pay raise..

Old Yesterday, 05:29 PM

6,594 posts, read 7,087,216 times
It’s quite possible. I would say though that one side is campaigning. The other side will spend more time in court.

Old Yesterday, 07:38 PM

3,252 posts, read 2,336,785 times
Trump will not be campaigning from now on because the democrats will keep him tied up in court and/or jail. But expect Biden will campaign just as he did last week at several towns in PA. He'll hit the swing states. And I hear he will be in Florida and Virginia next week, neither of which are swing states, so I assume he's going to those two to fundraise.

Old Yesterday, 09:05 PM

2,022 posts, read 1,313,188 times
There hasn't been an actual debate for quite some time.
A real debate would have a question posed and each candidate would answer the question that was posed.

But what we have now is a question is posed and then each candidate goes into a strawman attack or plain old ad hominem attack against the other candidate's supposed position. And while that's going on, the other candidate interrupts and talks over the one that's supposed to be answering.
In recent years all they're doing is taking potshots and hoping for a chance to hurl the big zinger.
It's not a debate in any way.

Try to follow these two clowns from 2020:
https://www.debates.org/voter-educat...te-transcript/

And compare it to this from 1988:
https://www.debates.org/voter-educat...te-transcript/

Old Yesterday, 10:24 PM

3,152 posts, read 2,731,166 times
Trump has already challenged Biden to debate. I'd like to see a well moderated debate, but I doubt Joe will do it. And Joe's TV commercials don't even try to be taken seriously. The "Aw shucks" clown show isn't gonna cut it, but what else does he have?

They did a debate last time around and moderator Chris Wallace chumped the whole thing so bad that future debates already scheduled were scrapped. If they got a fair minded and unbiased moderator it'd certainly be worth staying up for to watch.

Old Today, 01:01 PM

245 posts, read 130,361 times
How can Biden campaign? He can barely walk or stand, and when he speaks it's incoherent and full of gaffes.

Biden for his part seems to do best when he's fired up and angry.....but if he's that then he's no more appealing to docile moderates than Trump is.

How can "word-salad Kamala" campaign? She is well recognized even among leftists as a disaster.

But hey, these are the people you railroaded through the primary process, and Kamala is the DEI candidate that Joe promised his constituency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections