Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 05:43 PM

31,672 posts, read 40,906,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yeah, I supect she is taking a well-deserved break (I know I would).

Presidential compaigns are simply BRUTAL - especially nowadays when they are so darned longggggggg. This is the reason Obama, Hillary, AND McCain are so easy to snag with verbal "Gotchas!". These folks are just plain TIRED. They've been at it for over a year and still have nearly 6 months more to go.

I agree she would make a terrific Supreme Court justice. I don't really want to see Hillary on the ticket as VP. I think she would do a good job (no matter WHAT position she's in) but I'm not sure she has the personality to defer to Obama (which a VP has to do). I'm also of the opinion that she'd serve as a lightning rod for the Republicans and might actually raise them from their stupor (because of their extreme hatred of all things Clinton) and help them get out the vote (which will likely be enemic otherwise).

Supreme Court though?

Yeah, I could definitely see that if the opportunity arises (and she had an interest - which she may not).

Ken
you have got to be kidding me the Supreme Court! What is her experience and didn't she fail the bar the first time around and finally passed it in Arkansas?

PolitiFact | She failed, then followed Bill

In his biography of Hillary Clinton, former Watergate reporter Carl Bernstein notes that in the summer of 1973, 817 people took the Washington, D.C., bar exam; 551 of them passed. Hillary Rodham was not one of them.

“For the first time in her life she had flamed out — spectacularly, given the expectations of others for her, and even more so her own,” Bernstein wrote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 05:46 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,418,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
you have got to be kidding me the Supreme Court! What is her experience and didn't she fail the bar the first time around and finally passed it in Arkansas?

PolitiFact | She failed, then followed Bill

In his biography of Hillary Clinton, former Watergate reporter Carl Bernstein notes that in the summer of 1973, 817 people took the Washington, D.C., bar exam; 551 of them passed. Hillary Rodham was not one of them.

“For the first time in her life she had flamed out — spectacularly, given the expectations of others for her, and even more so her own,” Bernstein wrote.
Oh, my goodness, you mean to tell me she didn't pass the bar exam the first time? And how many people don't? I think she has come a long way from that point in her life and has accomplished quite a bit since.

Old 06-10-2008, 05:50 PM

31,672 posts, read 40,906,663 times
Yes she has but is it the stuff that the Supreme Court is made of? As much as Republicans hate her do you really think she wants to give them the shot at her in confirmation hearings? She is ambitious but not dumb.

Old 06-10-2008, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Yes she has but is it the stuff that the Supreme Court is made of? As much as Republicans hate her do you really think she wants to give them the shot at her in confirmation hearings? She is ambitious but not dumb.
Bring the Republicans on. She will put in her fangs and eat them alive!

Old 06-10-2008, 05:54 PM

20,170 posts, read 24,240,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
What's your thoughts? I, personally, think he should. I mean, she possibly could be the deciding factor in whether he wins the general election with the 17 million plus votes she got from women, senior citizens, Latinos and po folk like me. Also, I keep hearing all this talk about all the money that Bill Clinton could raise for him, and Obama has also indicated that he would like Bill's support (at least the other day he did). So, come on here, I think the answer is pretty evident.

Sure. Feminism aside --- the guy always pays.

Old 06-10-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Sure. Feminism aside --- the guy always pays.
Horse's patoot. Keep his money. I will donate some more money to her campaign to help her pay it off and will encourage others to do so also.

Old 06-10-2008, 05:59 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,029,102 times
If she writes a book or two - or does a documentary, that would be great! - she'll make back all her money and then some.

Okay dont laugh but IMO this is a great idea. She should star in some commercials for some nice project - a charity? Not American Express though that would be good too. To set her public image back to "lovable" and to make a few bucks, and to keep her name before the public. Something seemly but not boring. First one would kick off in winter 2009.

I love this idea!

Old 06-10-2008, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
If she writes a book or two - or does a documentary, that would be great! - she'll make back all her money and then some.
Yeah, this will all work out at the end of the day.

Old 06-10-2008, 06:15 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,751,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
Horse's patoot. Keep his money. I will donate some more money to her campaign to help her pay it off and will encourage others to do so also.
Did I not read an earlier statement of yours, iterating something about "poor folks", indicating, claiming you're one of 'em? And OMG, if she gets seated on the Supreme Court, there will be hell to pay for a lot of folks, and more than just the pubs. Kinda like Harriet Myers, has she ever "practiced" law?

Old 06-10-2008, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Did I not read an earlier statement of yours, iterating something about "poor folks", indicating, claiming you're one of 'em? And OMG, if she gets seated on the Supreme Court, there will be hell to pay for a lot of folks, and more than just the pubs. Kinda like Harriet Myers, has she ever "practiced" law?
Take my great sum of $10 and multiple that by 17 million and I think that would be more than enough to pay off her debt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections