Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2008, 07:50 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,063,691 times

Advertisements

Poll: Many in world look to US election for change - Yahoo! News (broken link)

WASHINGTON - People around the globe widely expect the next American president to improve the country's policies toward the rest of the world, especially if Barack Obama is elected, yet they retain a persistently poor image of the U.S., according to a poll released Thursday

Good read, bottom line anyone is better then the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 07:56 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,858,030 times
capt'n crunch would be the best candidate.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:04 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,166,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
capt'n crunch would be the best candidate.
Are you cereal?

Serious Al is Serious.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:07 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,553,445 times
I have no doubt either candidate will bring about some sort of change as changes are clearly needed.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:13 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,677,720 times
Yea many look to the election for change. And year after year after year after year after year it never happens.

How many times do you all have to be kicked in the teeth by these lying conniving criminal crooked corrupt clowns before you realize they are not on our side?

Here is what is going to happen. Mark my words. All you Obama Salami supporters who fight with words to the death for your team, I give it 6 months after that clown takes office and all you Obama lovers will be on this very forum complaining how your hero let you down. He lied to you. He said all kinds of things to get your vote. But one thing he did not/will not do: He will not keep any promises. Just like the rest of them.

If your best friend lied to you once.....no big deal. If they lied to you twice, 3 times. It is no longer a coincidence. Your friend is a blatent obsessvie liar. In time you lose all trust in your friend and dump him. Why dont it work this way with your politicos? This makes no sense.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:35 PM

799 posts, read 1,446,184 times
Obama will make as many mistakes as Dubyah has made over the years.

Obama's solution to terrorists hiding in Pakistan:
Tough talk on Pakistan from Obama | U.S. | Reuters

The aftermath of Obama's foreign policy:
Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Old 06-13-2008, 02:08 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,386,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Yea many look to the election for change. And year after year after year after year after year it never happens.

How many times do you all have to be kicked in the teeth by these lying conniving criminal crooked corrupt clowns before you realize they are not on our side?

Here is what is going to happen. Mark my words. All you Obama Salami supporters who fight with words to the death for your team, I give it 6 months after that clown takes office and all you Obama lovers will be on this very forum complaining how your hero let you down. He lied to you. He said all kinds of things to get your vote. But one thing he did not/will not do: He will not keep any promises. Just like the rest of them.

If your best friend lied to you once.....no big deal. If they lied to you twice, 3 times. It is no longer a coincidence. Your friend is a blatent obsessvie liar. In time you lose all trust in your friend and dump him. Why dont it work this way with your politicos? This makes no sense.

I'm not expecting miracles from Obama. I think it's sad but because of what I've seen in the past, I automatically take everything a politician says at face value. Yes, some of them have our best interests in mind but the majority them have their own. Yes, it's cynical and I hope that we get a whole crop of politicians to change that view, but I won't count on it. I listen to Obama when he gives speeches, I listen to the sound bites, I read his website regularly.

If he accomplishes 25% of the things he is promising, I’ll be happy. I know people are going to say 25% - why such low standards? Again, cynicism keeps me from expecting too much and reality reminds me that this isn’t a dictatorship so while he may push for a lot of things there are many others in the decision making process and not everything will get through.

If McCain wins, will I throw a hissy fit? Probably not. Either way now that I’ve taken an active interest in politics, I am going to try to stay informed all the time and not just during the election years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections