Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 07:03 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,734,767 times

Advertisements

but where are their posts about how much they love their OWN candidate? How wonderful he is, how they're rooting for him etc? Why no focus on your own guy? Or are you all that focused on what an amazing candidate we have to offer that you've forgotten about your guy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 07:12 PM

385 posts, read 628,607 times
They know they have an uphill battle against Obama and so they have to spread lies and say vile things about Obama to try to fool the gullible into disliking him. Part of the uphill battle includes the fact that no one, not even the Republican pundits on television, seem excited at all about McCain.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:17 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,871,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrkelly View Post
but where are their posts about how much they love their OWN candidate? How wonderful he is, how they're rooting for him etc? Why no focus on your own guy? Or are you all that focused on what an amazing candidate we have to offer that you've forgotten about your guy?
I'll speak for some conservatives who will be voting for McCain. They respect his stance on foreign policy and protecting the US and admire him as a brave, courageous man but think he is too liberal on a lot of issues.

We are focused on taking Obama down because we think he would be an amazingly bad president, leave the country vulnerable for attack, is naieve about our truly evil adversaries and will herald in huge govt and entitlement programs, raise taxes and try to redistribute wealth among other things.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:18 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,813,659 times
Quote:
It is because "their guy" pretty much sucks, and everybody knows it

All I can ever find are posters that say "Well I don't like him but at least he won't raise taxes"....or "Well he is not my first choice, but at least he will intimidate that scary Iranian guy"...or "No, don't care much for him, but at least he is not a Muslim/Black supremacist"!

Good luck finding anyone that will admit They Love McCain and are passionate about him and he is their number one choice. Nobody will ever admit it.

Shows you the state of the Republican Party today, I guess.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:23 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,129,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
I'll speak for some conservatives who will be voting for McCain. They respect his stance on foreign policy and protecting the US and admire him as a brave, courageous man but think he is too liberal on a lot of issues.

That's odd because I'd say as someone who is a scholar of middle eastern foreign relations, that his foreign policy is my worst remark on him (as it was with Hillary) The two together are/were completely clueless. I'd love to vote for someone alot more fiscally minded than Bush was, but it's unfortunate that his FP is so ridiculously backward just like Bush's was that I simply cannot bring myself to do it!

If that's his best quality, I'd say you've got an uphill battle this year.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post

We are focused on taking Obama down because we think he would be an amazingly bad president, leave the country vulnerable for attack, is naieve about our truly evil adversaries and will herald in huge govt and entitlement programs, raise taxes and try to redistribute wealth among other things.
Ok, but wouldn't it be better to talk up your candidate? I think there are thousands of brave people out there, but I don't think that qualifies someone to be president. I think Obama is EXTREMELY brave to continue to go out there day after day b/c there are plenty of people who would be willing to do horrible things to him. That said, I don't think that alone qualifies him to be president.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:39 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,896,346 times
Quote:
LMAO@ amazing candidate. the more you say it, the more you will believe it.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:40 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,896,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boywithstick View Post
They know they have an uphill battle against Obama and so they have to spread lies and say vile things about Obama to try to fool the gullible into disliking him. Part of the uphill battle includes the fact that no one, not even the Republican pundits on television, seem excited at all about McCain.
well, gullible people are supporting him, so gullible people will dislike him as well.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:43 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,038,033 times
Republicans do not get passionate, inspired, or enthusiastic over politicians. They know most of what they say is just talk. They just look for the ones that will benifit them the most. And a lot of Republicans are small buisness owners and investors so they look for tax friendly and pro buisness politicians.

Democrats tend to be more concerned about social issues so they look at the government to save them. Democrats would rather have Republicans make the money and then take it and spread it around. They also want to save the world. So when a politician gets dramatic in there speaches, they are easily excited and become passionate followers.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
LMAO@ amazing candidate. the more you say it, the more you will believe it.
Well, perhaps if you believe it works so well, you could try doing that with your candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections