Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 11:15 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,315,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
wonder what would have happened if john mccain made this statement.
Eggs zactly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 11:25 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,941,346 times
John McCain making a father's day speech. Now there's something to imagine. He could talk about his experiences of leaving his wife and kids after she had been disfigured in a car accident. "My wife was in a wheelchair and I was tired of my wedding vows. I left her with the kids and ran off with a blonde."

Now there's a father's day speech.

Old 06-16-2008, 11:29 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,847,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
John McCain making a father's day speech. Now there's something to imagine. He could talk about his experiences of leaving his wife and kids after she had been disfigured in a car accident. "My wife was in a wheelchair and I was tired of my wedding vows. I left her with the kids and ran off with a blonde."

that was incredibly insightful and off topic. thanks for sharing.

Old 06-16-2008, 11:35 AM

1,389 posts, read 6,300,004 times
Quote:

This so funny but so true.

Old 06-16-2008, 11:36 AM

1,053 posts, read 3,089,492 times
I read this earlier this morning and I was not 100% sure I would vote for Obama, but I am now. Passing legislation to do something to parents who do not pay child support is #1 on my list. If he is the only candidate that cares about this, then he is my man. One reason it was hard for me to make a decision on who to support is that there weren't any issues that I was passionate about, except this one.

Obama '08. Woot.

Old 06-16-2008, 11:37 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,681,396 times
Isnt Obama Arab.. :-) Actually isnt he also half white.
Wow looks like Obama is using his non blackness.
Wouldnt he really be the first non black president.
If he gets elected does that mean his white half was elected too and that is who the white people really voted for.

Old 06-16-2008, 11:43 AM

1,053 posts, read 3,089,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Isnt Obama Arab.. :-) Actually isnt he also half white.
Wow looks like Obama is using his non blackness.
Wouldnt he really be the first non black president.
If he gets elected does that mean his white half was elected too and that is who the white people really voted for.
Crack kills.

Old 06-16-2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
that was incredibly insightful and off topic. thanks for sharing.
You're welcome. Hey, a father's day speech has to be about your own experiences. That's why Barack could give a speech like that--he talked about his own experience in having a father who left, and his experience making a resolve for change, a resolve to be committed to marriage and fatherhood.

You're absolutely right that McCain could not give a speech like that. People would laugh him off the stage for being a hypocrite.

Old 06-16-2008, 11:55 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,847,629 times
Quote:
You're welcome. Hey, a father's day speech has to be about your own experiences. That's why Barack could give a speech like that--he talked about his own experience in having a father who left, and his experience making a resolve for change, a resolve to be committed to marriage and fatherhood.

You're absolutely right that McCain could not give a speech like that. People would laugh him off the stage for being a hypocrite.
can you hear that? it's the sound of the worlds tiniest violin playing just for barack obama. mccain would be booed off stage and forced to resign because we have grotesque double standards in this country when it comes to race.

Old 06-16-2008, 11:58 AM

Quote:
can you hear that? it's the sound of the worlds tiniest violin playing just for barack obama. mccain would be booed off stage and forced to resign because we have grotesque double standards in this country when it comes to race.
Hey--I know how to resolve this! Instead of guessing, let's ask him to try it.
Then we'll know soon enough if he's laughed off the stage or booed off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections