Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 01:50 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuharai View Post
i Just Had To Throw In The Fact That He At least Took The Kids With Him!
lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 02:18 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,859,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
You're welcome. Hey, a father's day speech has to be about your own experiences. That's why Barack could give a speech like that--he talked about his own experience in having a father who left, and his experience making a resolve for change, a resolve to be committed to marriage and fatherhood.

You're absolutely right that McCain could not give a speech like that. People would laugh him off the stage for being a hypocrite.
Obama's speech was his Sister Souljah moment. Selling himself to the evil whiteys, just as Clinton did way back when.

McCain's kids seem to think their dad is pretty special. Guess you know more than they. Bizarre.

And, P.S., the conservatives have been saying what Barry just did for the last 30 years. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwe.....but they are evil. And Bill Cosby? He was not being true to his race.

The intellectual dishonesty is astounding.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:24 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,951,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
McCain's kids seem to think their dad is pretty special.
If that's so, he missed out on a big PR opportunity. Why didn't he get one of the kids to give a father's day speech about dear old dad? Seriously, that would have been a very smart move--you have to wonder why it didn't happen.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:30 PM

Quote:
If that's so, he missed out on a big PR opportunity. Why didn't he get one of the kids to give a father's day speech about dear old dad? Seriously, that would have been a very smart move--you have to wonder why it didn't happen.
Because, for all his faults, and there are plenty from my conservative viewpoint, the man doesn't pander nor use his children.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Because, for all his faults, and there are plenty from my conservative viewpoint, the man doesn't pander nor use his children.
Oh really???????

Ha ha ha, let's see just how true this is over the next few months. Hope you don't mind if I return to this post every time one of his kids makes a statement.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Oh really???????

Ha ha ha, let's see just how true this is over the next few months. Hope you don't mind if I return to this post every time one of his kids makes a statement.
I said McCain doesn't pander, nor use his kids. I said nothing about his kids standing up for him.

Have you heard him talk about his sons in the service? Of course not. Say what you will about him, but he does not pander....Obama does. Fine if that doesn't matter to you. It stinks when I see it.

Old 06-18-2008, 07:04 AM

Quote:
I said McCain doesn't pander, nor use his kids. I said nothing about his kids standing up for him.

Have you heard him talk about his sons in the service? Of course not. Say what you will about him, but he does not pander....Obama does. Fine if that doesn't matter to you. It stinks when I see it.
LOL, if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and panders like a duck, it's a duck.

But hey, it's cool--have it your way. McCain's kids will be different from every other politician's kids... they aren't "pandered," they simply like standing up for him. It doesn't answer the question: why weren't McCain's kids standing up for him on Father's Day?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections