Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 07:56 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,256,191 times

Advertisements

Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama's campaign announced Friday that he will campaign with former rival Hillary Rodham Clinton next week, a step toward unifying a fractured Democratic Party after a bruising primary fight.

Obama, Hillary Clinton to campaign together - Yahoo! News (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 07:57 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,702,234 times
Every Clinton supporter knows who she has backed, and some still dont want to vote for Obama. I think this is pointless.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:20 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Every Clinton supporter knows who she has backed, and some still dont want to vote for Obama. I think this is pointless.
Fortunately you are not the Obama campaign manager. The focus is not just to win support for Obama from her remaining non committed voters but to:

Begin the Clinton SMASH campaign:

STOMP
MCCAIN
AND
SINK
HIM

Old 06-20-2008, 08:27 AM

454 posts, read 748,892 times
Sorry Hillary, I have joined the McCain's bandwagon.

Remember when Obama said you were part of old politics that have failed? After his internal polling showed that about 30-35% of your supporters are not supporting him, you have all of a sudden become part of politics of "change". He will throw you under the bus like Rev Wright after he used him to get some legitimacy in Chicago.

Hillary, I advice you not to be part of any deal. Obama has no convictions, and you will be putting your credibility on the line for him, I don't think he is worth that risk.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:30 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Is Hillary reading our posts? Golly and here I thought we were a bunch of insignificant people just intellectually wanking in public.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:31 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,441,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnari View Post
Hillary, I advice you not to be part of any deal. You will lose a lot of credibility for it.
Unfortunately, she will be a part of the deal because she is a Democrat and her political future is at stake. I would like to know about Bill though? He has been pretty silent and they are wondering if he is going to start campaigning for Obama. I think it would be kewl if Bill sat this one gig out.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:38 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,733,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
Unfortunately, she will be a part of the deal because she is a Democrat and her political future is at stake. I would like to know about Bill though? He has been pretty silent and they are wondering if he is going to start campaigning for Obama. I think it would be kewl if Bill sat this one gig out.
I suspect that this campaign appearance will be pretty much pro forma. Obama doesn't like Hillary and it's mutual. That's politics. But Obama made it personal when he named Patti Solis, the campaign manager Clinton fired after Iowa, to be his VP's campaign manager. Talk about rubbing Hillary's face in it! You're not going to see either Bill or Hillary with Obama much between now and November.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:13 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,256,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
I suspect that this campaign appearance will be pretty much pro forma. Obama doesn't like Hillary and it's mutual. That's politics. But Obama made it personal when he named Patti Solis, the campaign manager Clinton fired after Iowa, to be his VP's campaign manager. Talk about rubbing Hillary's face in it! You're not going to see either Bill or Hillary with Obama much between now and November.
On the flip side. It probably wouldn't take Solis and Clinton long to set their grievances aside. Perhaps, that's already happened. They've been friends for over twenty years. Maybe, he hired Solis because Hillary will the V.P. nominee. I'll always the McCain/Bush kiss - a tactical error on McCain's part now that he wants to distance himself from bush.
Or, because of Patti's longtime ties to Chicago political scene, he needed to place her in some time of job. The position she has now may change as we get closer to the election.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:17 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Is Hillary reading our posts? Golly and here I thought we were a bunch of insignificant people just intellectually wanking in public.
LOL I was thinking the same thing

Old 06-20-2008, 09:45 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,289,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
....a bunch of insignificant people just intellectually wanking in public.
I think CD's politics forum needs a motto. And I think this is it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections