Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 06:09 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
Interesting statement. I once read where they had difference races take intelligent tests, and the Jews were the most intelligent, the Euorpeans followed that, and then the Mexicans, and last of all the blacks.

An Emerging Theory on Blacks' I.Q. Scores - New York Times This is not the test that I had read but a good explaination of it.

I realize that there have always been intelligent blacks, as I have read their books. But I never knew that they were intelligent enough for politics. Until this year I was not in politics; never listened much to the news.
Sorry, but your posts are so racist and ignorant that I won't even bother explaining anything...just shaking my head at the lack of education in this country...black AND WHITE.....
So funny ...YOU making comments on the intelligence of blacks.........or anyone else...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 06:10 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,355,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roberta View Post
I like him okay--but I won't vote for him--or McCain either. It doesn't matter who wins. I think they are both wrong for our Country. It seems that we are left with no other choice, unless the Independents are larger in number than they probably are, So we are probably in for a rough time. I hope I'm wrong.
Have you been watching Lou Dobbs? You need to watch the show before him instead. It just sounds like him, and I have gotten to the point that I can't even watch him.

Old 06-22-2008, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Sorry, but your posts are so racist and ignorant that I won't even bother explaining anything...just shaking my head at the lack of education in this country...black AND WHITE.....
So funny ...YOU making comments on the intelligence of blacks.........or anyone else...
I don't consider myself a racist and resent your personal attack. And now you are flamming.

If I were a racist I would not be voting for Obama, that is for sure. If I were a racist I would not have had black friends in my life.

The IQ test shows why blacks and other minority groups get low IQs. Did you even read it? It was not a racist article.

Quote:
The net result for many black children, Dr. Ogbu believes, is that they become convinced that it is difficult if not impossible for them to advance in the mainstream by doing well in school.

One consequence is that many black children turn their backs entirely on school as an avenue to a brighter future. In a recent article in The Urban Review, Dr. Ogbu reported on a study of two groups of equally bright black high school students, one doing well and one failing in school. Those who fared poorly, he found, saw being studious as betraying their racial identity -by ''acting white,'' in the students' words.

''It's not that the black children can't do the work, but that they don't make the effort,'' Dr. Ogbu said in an interview. ''The underlying issue for them is one of racial identity. They see doing well in school and getting a high-status job as selling out. You see the same dynamic among Mexican-American children: they identify achievement with betraying their roots.''

''There seems to be an environmental gap between blacks and whites just like that between whites today and their parents,'' Dr. Flynn said in a telephone interview from New Zealand. ''No sane person can think we're that much innately smarter than our parents or grandparents. Also, the environmental advantages whites enjoy over blacks, particularly if you throw in the impact of racism, are enough to explain the difference in I.Q. scores.''

Thus the fact that schoolchildren in Japan score between 4 and 11 I.Q. points higher than their American peers does not mean that Japanese are that much ''smarter'' than Americans, but rather that they have a range of academic advantages, from intense parental pressure for achievement to long hours of homework, that most American children do not.

In his view, the low I.Q. scores and poor academic achievement of black children ''has little to do with their race or their genes: it is a consequence of the structure of society as a whole.''
Ignorant of the fact that blacks can be good in politics, yes I was, but I am not now.

And yes there are a lot of uneducated whites in America, also a lot of ignorant ones, of which I was in regards to blacks and politics.

And I am sorry if I have offended you or anyone else here, but I thought it would be good to answer the question presented here in an honest manner even if I had to take the heat.

Last edited by Mattie Jo; 06-22-2008 at 06:38 AM..

Old 06-22-2008, 06:20 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
""""If I were a racist I would not be voting for Obama, that is for sure. If I were a racist I would not have had black friends in my life.

The IQ test, which you did not read shows why blacks and other minority groups get low IQs. Did you even read it?

Now ignorant of the fact that blacks can be good in politics, yes I was, but I am not now.""""""""""""

Can't see that forest with all the trees in the way..........

Old 06-22-2008, 06:39 AM

It is really good to see Who?Me? that you grew up not thinking these things about blacks. Evidently you have had more exposure to blacks. I had exposure to less educated blacks in my life, and to a teacher that tried to teach blacks in an all black school and had a rough time of it because her students couldn't learn. My exposure was different than yours. So in my postings I am telling you how I think and used to think. Again, I am sorry for having offended you or anyone else here. I was just being honest with my posting in regards to the question. I doubt if many here are being as honest in regards to this subject or even in regards to why they don't like Obama. There are a lot of racists on this board who are just on the verge was saying anything outright racist, but I don't see you doing battle with them. What about the person that started this post? Why wasn't he/she racist to even think such a thing in order to post it?

Also I think making a generalization on any race while being a racist statement, it is often done out of ignorance and not because the person is racist. Things that you are taught are often hard to overcome until you see the facts that prove otherwise. I had never felt that all whites were superior to blacks, but yes, I did believe that perhaps they were not intelligent enough to run for office. Neither am I. But I have to say that yes, that is a racist statement made out of ignorance but not because I hate blacks, do not wish to live next to one, wish them harm, would not be friends with them and not consider them my equals.

But now from reading the web definiton of racism, I guess I would have to say then that I am by that definition. I am glad that you pointed this out to me afterall because it helped me correct my thinking. Reading the IQ test, this time a different one, has helped me to see why many minorities fail to get as high of scores as Japanese, Jews, and Europeans.

Last edited by Mattie Jo; 06-22-2008 at 07:39 AM..

Old 06-22-2008, 08:54 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,114,142 times
jessaka, I think you are on a journey of personal growth and are trying to be honest about the place you were when that journey began. We all begin that journey at different places, depending on a wide variety of things, but we all must begin it somewhere. You have chosen to begin your journey with honesty and will therefore have a better opportunity to acheive growth then if you begin it wil self delusion. Congratulations on caring enough to make the journey. Please continue it with an open mind and a caring heart.

Old 06-22-2008, 09:21 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_collegiate View Post

So my question is, how do whites really feel about Obama?
McCain and Obama are interchangeable puppets of the people who really rule. We lose no matter which one is elected. The only election color issue is green, like in money, for the same people who control both candidates.

Old 06-22-2008, 09:32 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,034,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
McCain and Obama are interchangeable puppets of the people who really rule. We lose no matter which one is elected. The only election color issue is green, like in money, for the same people who control both candidates.
Sure, money talks, but I don't think we are being controlled by the Illuminati or anything like that.
Copping that nihilist attitude is tempting, but accomplishes just that: nothing.
Rejecting this "useless" election and its "puppet" players is, IMHO, identifying *yourself* as part of the problem.
I've seen true good happen--first-hand--from working for change.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
jessaka, I think you are on a journey of personal growth and are trying to be honest about the place you were when that journey began. We all begin that journey at different places, depending on a wide variety of things, but we all must begin it somewhere. You have chosen to begin your journey with honesty and will therefore have a better opportunity to acheive growth then if you begin it wil self delusion. Congratulations on caring enough to make the journey. Please continue it with an open mind and a caring heart.

Thanks so much. That is what I was trying to convey.

And I must add I knew of very smart blacks in my life. They were my friends, and some were smarter than me. I think that I just thought that it took even more smarts to be a president, such as an IQ of 145 or so. I know with my IQ of 115 I never considered myself smart enough to run for office or anything in politics. And most of the time I don't consider myself smart but dumb in comparison to other people that I know. But you know what? That just goes to show that I had too high of a view of what it takes to be a president. Since listening to some politicans recently, I find that they don't seem to even have an IQ of 100, thinking of some things that Bush has said. And I never met a black person with an IQ of 85 like the tests seemed to have claimed. So what I basically thought in the past that many didn't have an IQ over 115. I was wrong in thinking that. Obama obviously has a very high IQ. And out of curosity I looked it up: Barack Obama's IQ - Hillary Clinton's IQ - Obama's I.Q. - Hillary's I.Q. And this is one of the things that felt that presidents should be made of.

Last edited by Mattie Jo; 06-22-2008 at 12:46 PM..

Old 06-22-2008, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The only time when I see Obama being controlled is when Americans put him down for certain things and he buckles under, and by this I mean, He should not have had to have left his church because Rev. Wright said a lot of things that were true. And so whenever I see that people are putting him down for certain things I also see him giving in some. Another example is when he or his group didn't want Muslims to be seen behind him. Not all Muslims are terrorists, and yet it was done so he wouldn't be called a Muslim. And so yes, sometimes they become puppets. But in order to run for President you have to do things that you feel will get you elected. And even then you end up in Catch 22s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections