U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-21-2008, 12:43 PM
 
30,965 posts, read 36,784,754 times
Reputation: 13213

Advertisements

For those of you who may have forgotten this magical moment when candidate McCain updated a popular Beach Boy number with this updated rendition:

Jesting, McCain Sings: 'Bomb, Bomb, Bomb' Iran : NPR

epublican presidential contender Sen. John McCain (AZ) joked about bombing Iran this week during a campaign appearance in Murrells Inlet, S.C.

McCain was asked by an audience member about possible U.S. military action in Iran.

"How many times do we have to prove that these people are blowing up people now, never mind if they get a nuclear weapon. When do we send them an airmail message to Tehran?" a man in the crowd asked.

In response, McCain said, "That old, eh, that old Beach Boys song, Bomb Iran" — which elicited laughter from the crowd. McCain then chuckled before briefly singing — to the tune of the chorus of the Beach Boys' classic "Barbara Ann" — "Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, anyway, ah ...."

The audience responded with more laughter.

This is the finger we as American's need on the trigger to help convince Israel to let us be the ones to attack Iran. We need to take the heat off of them and do it ourselves.

Vote McCain
A vote for enlightment and firm foreign policy

The google page so you can find your own link to cherish for future generations if there are any.

Mccain sings bomb bomb bomb iran - Yahoo! Search Results
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-21-2008, 12:52 PM
 
Location: Charlotte
12,645 posts, read 14,349,087 times
Reputation: 1679
Um..yeah.

Let's not forget what happens when a Member of the NNPT attacks another member of the NNPT who does not have Nuclear weapons. It allows them to legally withdraw from the Non Nuclear Proliferation Treaty and legally pursue Nuclear Weapons.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2008, 03:06 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,313 posts, read 41,135,556 times
Reputation: 7108
I thought it was funny.

Have you seen the Barbra Streisand (BS) video of MCCain singing?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2008, 03:08 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
9,043 posts, read 11,964,119 times
Reputation: 1394
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I thought it was funny.
Making light of America's Soviet-esque expansionist foreign policy is hardly funny.

But if you say so comrade!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2008, 08:51 PM
 
2,215 posts, read 3,355,058 times
Reputation: 507
If a country steps out of line and has a problem with hatred like Iran, then the door is open.
Remember something, it is McCains job to protect us and stand with our allies first and foremost and if that is what it takes so be it.
He will protect us no matter what the looney bin left say, the "other" candidate dont have the b----s to. He would rather sit down like some sissy and then get us hit.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2008, 08:58 PM
 
69,360 posts, read 58,118,857 times
Reputation: 9372
The humor in this was lost when Obama said he also would bomb Iran
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2008, 11:40 PM
 
2,215 posts, read 3,355,058 times
Reputation: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The humor in this was lost when Obama said he also would bomb Iran
Gosh I forgot about Obama wanting to bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb America.... opps I mean Iran.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2008, 11:21 AM
 
Location: Home is where the heart is
15,400 posts, read 26,607,811 times
Reputation: 19056
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Um..yeah.

Let's not forget what happens when a Member of the NNPT attacks another member of the NNPT who does not have Nuclear weapons. It allows them to legally withdraw from the Non Nuclear Proliferation Treaty and legally pursue Nuclear Weapons.
OMG, the NNPT. Thanks for bringing that up! That’s a very important point. McCain’s anger makes him prone to acting before thinking. Do we really want such an explosive personality in a position like this?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2008, 12:50 PM
 
351 posts, read 277,732 times
Reputation: 60
My how history can come close to repeating itself...
Political crisis involving Iran's detention of U.S. diplomats. Anti-American sentiment in Iran — Islamic militants stormed the U.S. embassy in Tehran and seized 66 Americans. The hostage-takers, who enjoyed the tacit support of the new Iranian regime of Ruhollah Khomeini, demanded the shah's extradition to Iran, but Pres. Jimmy Carter refused and froze all Iranian assets in the U.S. A rescue attempt in April 1980 failed. Negotiations for the hostages' return began after the shah died in July 1980, but the remaining 52 hostages were kept in captivity until Jan. 20, 1981, when they were released moments after the inauguration of Ronald Reagan. The crisis contributed to Carter's failure to win reelection. See also Iran-Contra Affair.
This is why Iran is a hot button. The world knows without a Republican President in office the US is weak. This election is crucial to our safety. Iran is posturing and preparing in case Obama is elected. Of course if he is elected Israel will attack Iran. Iran will try to shut down The Straits of Hormuz and then it will become a US and world event.
McCain 08 not my first choice but the best choice.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2008, 01:20 PM
 
Location: Southeast
4,296 posts, read 6,483,806 times
Reputation: 1446
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal512 View Post
My how history can come close to repeating itself...
Political crisis involving Iran's detention of U.S. diplomats. Anti-American sentiment in Iran — Islamic militants stormed the U.S. embassy in Tehran and seized 66 Americans. The hostage-takers, who enjoyed the tacit support of the new Iranian regime of Ruhollah Khomeini, demanded the shah's extradition to Iran, but Pres. Jimmy Carter refused and froze all Iranian assets in the U.S. A rescue attempt in April 1980 failed. Negotiations for the hostages' return began after the shah died in July 1980, but the remaining 52 hostages were kept in captivity until Jan. 20, 1981, when they were released moments after the inauguration of Ronald Reagan. The crisis contributed to Carter's failure to win reelection. See also Iran-Contra Affair.
This is why Iran is a hot button. The world knows without a Republican President in office the US is weak. This election is crucial to our safety. Iran is posturing and preparing in case Obama is elected. Of course if he is elected Israel will attack Iran. Iran will try to shut down The Straits of Hormuz and then it will become a US and world event.
McCain 08 not my first choice but the best choice.
That's a good point. Iran withdrew their money from foreign banks not too long ago in anticipation of Obama's potential freezing of their assets (if he's elected). Iran is prepared this time, now all they need are hostages..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:51 AM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top