Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who are you currently planning to vote for? (6/21-6/25)
Barack Obama 41 39.05%
John McCain 42 40.00%
Other 17 16.19%
Not Voting 5 4.76%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 07:02 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,705,940 times

Advertisements

VOTE FOR WHO YOU WOULD VOTE FOR TODAY!!!! That is how we can track the changes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2008, 08:23 PM

251 posts, read 881,067 times
Will not be voting so far i am the only person, who has voted that, why vote in a system thats for the rich by the rich? instead of for the people by the people?

Old 06-21-2008, 08:38 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,174,590 times
Future polls need to add Bob Barr now that he's an official candidate.

Old 06-21-2008, 08:39 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,980,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
I want to vote for Barr, but Obama MUST NOT be our President. My hands are tied unless some developments come about later on.

Edit: Before people post anything about I should vote for who I agree with, I will state that, Obama will be HORRIBLE for this country and with my vote I can NOT let him get into office. Thus I have to vote for McCain unless some unforseen developments come about.
Now that's the most eloquent McCain establishment apologist talk I've seen to date Well done!

So basically you'll be voting for the person who is not your favorite candidate.

Enjoy your "democracy", you've earned it

Old 06-21-2008, 08:41 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,174,590 times
Quote:
I want to vote for Barr, but Obama MUST NOT be our President. My hands are tied unless some developments come about later on.

Edit: Before people post anything about I should vote for who I agree with, I will state that, Obama will be HORRIBLE for this country and with my vote I can NOT let him get into office. Thus I have to vote for McCain unless some unforseen developments come about.
Actually I dont think Obama would be that much worse then McCain, I'd just prefer a Democratic President and a Republican Congress.

Old 06-21-2008, 10:37 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,117,900 times
I am humbled by all of you who are so sure of one side or the other. I have to just be honest and say that I don't know how, in all good conscience, I can vote for either candidate...and yet I don't know how I can not vote in such an important election. I have never felt such conflict over an election. So many of you seem to agree so completely with your party's stands on various issues. I just don't. I honor McCain's service and heroism but disagree with him on most issues. He has really changed this past year and I just don't agree with him. On the other hand, Obama really does not have very much experience and at this point in history I don't know if we can afford the time in training it would take to get up to speed on all the vital issues. I also disagree with him on several issues, most especially abortion. I envy the rest of you your assurance that your way is right way. I'm left to struggle with all my doubts. I love my country and either way it goes I fear for it.

Old 06-21-2008, 10:46 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,823,445 times
Quote:

I think like you. I can think of others I'd have liked to see in the positions running against each other ( not necessarily Barr) But w/obama vs. McCain, it will be McCain. If there were ever two total opposites, this is it. I do not really like either choice, only I won't sit home and not vote. Obama is too far left.

Old 06-21-2008, 10:55 PM

As I said, I will add the 3rd party candidates if and when that vote reaches thirty percent. So far, there are only 2 votes for a 3rd party.

Old 06-21-2008, 11:04 PM

Its funny. All the polls where actual people are voting show McCain in the lead.

All the made up ones show Obama.

Funny aint it!?!?

Old 06-22-2008, 03:33 AM

keeping it on the top!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections