Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 07:07 PM

31,689 posts, read 41,089,995 times

Advertisements

From Politico.Com

John McCain doesn't work weekends - Jonathan Martin - Politico.com

Since effectively capturing the Republican nomination when Mitt Romney dropped out of the race on Feb. 7, John McCain has held just one public campaign event on a weekend.

Read the whole article and decide for yourself. Is this the second coming of a George Bush work week? What happens if the 3:00 in the morning call comes early Sunday morning? Will this change? Can it change?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 07:23 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,041,166 times
I don't work weekends either, are you going to post a hate thread about me too?

Old 06-26-2008, 07:50 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,443,802 times
At his age, with his questionable health its probably a good idea. McCain is like an old car, can't be used too much otherwise he will break down.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:47 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,448,750 times
Yeah, I imagine he gets tired. I know I would be at 71.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:24 PM

31,689 posts, read 41,089,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
I don't work weekends either, are you going to post a hate thread about me too?
Hate thread, reposting an article that was very mainstream is hate post? How novel.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:49 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,440,128 times
People at his age should be slowing down, spending time with family, taking trips and enjoying life. Not running a country.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:54 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,395,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
At his age, with his questionable health its probably a good idea. McCain is like an old car, can't be used too much otherwise he will break down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
Yeah, I imagine he gets tired. I know I would be at 71.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonwood2420 View Post
People at his age should be slowing down, spending time with family, taking trips and enjoying life. Not running a country.
Come on people you know thats age discrimination. The pc spin on this is "he believes we need to get back to those days where weekends were a time for families. He grew up in a period where the family structure was strong and stable and is trying to set an example buy leading the country the way he leads his home"

Yep that sounds nice and neat. So as long as we don't have any state of emergency type of things outside of M-F 8-5 he should be good.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:04 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,178,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Come on people you know thats age discrimination. The pc spin on this is "he believes we need to get back to those days where weekends were a time for families. He grew up in a period where the family structure was strong and stable and is trying to set an example buy leading the country the way he leads his home"

Yep that sounds nice and neat. So as long as we don't have any state of emergency type of things outside of M-F 8-5 he should be good.

Gosh, he's stupid about time off, too!!!! Americans are working longer and longer hours, many work weekends...what world is HE living in...oh, ya, the "married to an heiress and dosen't have to work" world.

Is he going to cut our hours????

Old 06-27-2008, 04:15 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,619,912 times
McCain sounds like a liberal then, not working weekends.

When we get to be successful like him you can do whatever you want.

Correction: Heiress is not just a heiress, she is a self made multi millionaire who happens to be smart enough to start business from scratch and build them into huge successful businesses. Not many of you could do this.
She is a financial genius with an eye for creating and growing businesses.
Do you ever wonder how many employees she cuts checks to?
Are you again jealous of smart highly successful people like her?
You cannot be working too much because you are on this board all the time.

The call should go directly to Nancy Pelosi, she thinks she is the President.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:58 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,867,949 times
barack obama, hillary clinton, and john mccain haven't done their job in over a year and all 3 of them should be fired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections