Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 01:14 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,933,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
And when people have written unfair and hateful things about the Obamas I have over and over written to rebuke that kind of foolishness and pointed out their errors. But because I have my own values and ideals I will do the same for ANY candidate who is unfairly smeared. Wrong does not become right just because someone else did it too. A wise person told me one time that you have to be smaller than a hypocrite to hide behind one.
Clap, clap, clap, clap.

Old 06-28-2008, 01:15 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,955,586 times
Idiots Guide to the Military. Pick it up at your nearest book store.

Old 06-28-2008, 01:18 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,057,092 times
Cluster bomb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
www.clusterbombs.us
Cluster munitions (sometimes called cluster bombs) are highly imprecise and indiscriminate weapons that work by dispersing hundreds of smaller submunitions, often referred to as bomblets or grenades, over a wide area. Cluster bombs pose a grave danger to civilians in situations of conflict because the weapons are designed to scatter explosives over wide swaths of land often hundreds of yards wide

Will he authorize the use of any and all munitions regardless of collateral damage?

Old 06-28-2008, 01:20 PM

Fred Branfman: ON JOHN MCCAIN AND TOM BROKAW'S SHAMEFUL VERSIONS OF THE VIETNAM WAR - The Huffington Post

Is it really possible that we baby-boomers - betrayed in our youth by the government and elders in whom we deeply believed - will end our lives amidst ongoing nightmares of government lies, murder, blood and destruction?

Will we really continue to betray our own children and grandchildren, feeding their justifiable cynicism about their nation's leadership and even depriving them of the real truth of their own history?

Is our Indochina history really to remain a nightmare from which we will never awaken?

These questions are important now because America's amnesia about Vietnam has led us to repeat many of the same mistakes today. U.S. leaders would never have been allowed to go into Iraq in the first place had America vowed never to repeat the crimes of war that characterized the Vietnam war. Top U.S. military leaders have admitted that they made many of the same mistakes in Iraq as they made in Vietnam, failing to understand counter-insurgency warfare; and it is doubtful that the media or public would have bought into the Bush Administration's deceptions on weapons of mass destruction had they remembered ten years of government lying in Vietnam, such as Eisenhower's lying to the public about his private belief that Ho Chi Minh would have won 85% of the vote in Vietnam, or Lyndon Johnson's lying about the U.S. being attacked in the Gulf of Tonkin and then using that lie as justification for sending millions of young men to South Vietnam.

Old 06-28-2008, 01:23 PM

Wake up America and don't let history be repeated or do you really believe that war with Iran is logical and in sequence with our post Korean incursions? If you do then you do and if you don't then you need to think and be informed before the first bomb falls. If you want to follow the path then you have your candidate.

Old 06-28-2008, 01:26 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,955,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Wake up America and don't let history be repeated or do you really believe that war with Iran is logical and in sequence with our post Korean incursions? If you do then you do and if you don't then you need to think and be informed before the first bomb falls. If you want to follow the path then you have your candidate.
You would make a GREAT human shield. Look into it.

Old 06-28-2008, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
You would make a GREAT human shield. Look into it.
Yes and I am certain you would love to drop the munition from 10,000 feet and then flee into the clouds and back to the carrier out of harms way.

Old 06-28-2008, 01:49 PM

358 posts, read 518,598 times
YAWN, who cares. war is hell.
if you have never been in combat before, then you truly do not have the right to comment on someone elses activities during combat.

Old 06-28-2008, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losertarian View Post
YAWN, who cares. war is hell.
if you have never been in combat before, then you truly do not have the right to comment on someone elses activities during combat.

As a citizen in a democracy I don't? As a taxpayer who must pay for the adventure I don't? As a parent I don't? As a future target I don't? Wow I guess we live under different rocks. I will stay in my garden and hope not to visit yours.

I understand that what the Commander in Chief authorizes as being within the scope of legitimacy will allow the enemy to justify what they do to us both in the theater and here at home (assuming that the war doesn't come here full blown} and remains isolated attacks on our homes, places of work, schools and transportation. Thus I reject your assertion that I have no right to comment and will continue to exercise the freedom of speech our brave soldiers have fought to preserve in the many legitmate wars we have fought.

Old 06-28-2008, 01:59 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
But when their own countrymen consider them the enemy it is shameful
I find that most of the Left has an intense hatred of the military. They always have. Just remind yourselves what John Kerry said about his brothers in arms. All lies and fabrications. Just for political gain.

Tuborg; I thought you were better than this. I see you have sunk into the pits of left-wing hatred.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.