U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with McCain's top economic advisor?
Yes, Americans are whinners 25 54.35%
No, the McCain camp is out of touch with ordinary american 21 45.65%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 01:25 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,147,621 times

Advertisements

That americans are being a bunch of whiny cry babies about the economy?

*whiners* I tried to edit the spelling but couldn't.

Last edited by blacknight04; 07-10-2008 at 01:31 PM.. Reason: spelling
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 02:18 PM

881 posts, read 1,476,579 times
Thumbs down This thread is bull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
That americans are being a bunch of whiny cry babies about the economy?

*whiners* I tried to edit the spelling but couldn't.

This seems like something you'd see on TheHuffingtonPost or MoveOn.org. This is probably a fake "quote from an adviser".

Can you provide a LINK to where a McCain adviser is calling Americans "whiners"??

I can almost bet it's from some shady website or some far-left nutcase site.

I would NOT bother voting or posting on this thread, as this is totally bogus, I bet.

Old 07-10-2008, 02:22 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,255,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
This seems like something you'd see on TheHuffingtonPost or MoveOn.org. This is probably a fake "quote from an adviser".

Can you provide a LINK to where a McCain adviser is calling Americans "whiners"??

I can almost bet it's from some shady website or some far-left nutcase site.

I would NOT bother voting or posting on this thread, as this is totally bogus, I bet.
McCain Adviser Says U.S. In A "Mental Recession," Not An Actual One - Horserace

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jsXMQ79Ycc1m1zejtZMeN9XwfXPwD91R5G3G0 (broken link)

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...tal-recession/

You were right....it's the AP, CNN and CBS.....

Old 07-10-2008, 02:23 PM

1,113 posts, read 1,679,888 times
That elitist snob is out of touch with real Americans! Where are my guns and bible???

Old 07-10-2008, 02:35 PM

4,296 posts, read 6,512,209 times
Americans are a bunch of whiners, but not when it comes to the economy.........

Old 07-10-2008, 03:00 PM

31,025 posts, read 37,008,009 times
And political advisor Karl Rove has ignored a supoena to appear and testify before a congressional committee investigating political pressure in the Justice Department

Rove Ignores Subpoena, Refuses To Testify, Former Bush Adviser A No-Show At Hearing On Alleged Political Pressure At Justice Dept. - CBS News

Wow oh wow and now Wolf Blitzer is all over the Phil Gramm comment. Man oh man.
McCain may be stuttering by Friday.

Old 07-10-2008, 03:49 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,255,300 times
I agree totally. Here is why. We elected the people who ran this country into the ground and now we are bitching about it. We elected Bush and his personal war for a second term. You voted, you lost...DEAL.

Now....I also believe that the economy is righting itself from a period of over inflated growth due to the Real Estate market. If people would stop being so damn scared and spend money then we would be fine. Instead of people losing homes to foreclosure why not force banks that wrote shady ARMS to eat it and refinance people on today's fixed rates? Wouldn't they lose less than not having a mortgage paid at all and having to sell a home for a severely discounted price (I am truly asking because I am no financial wizard and honestly don't believe the press on any of this). Yes it's giving a cop out to the people who took those ARMs but they are the ones who drive this economy and we need them spending too. Am I right or should I edit this after the fact to look smarter

Old 07-10-2008, 03:50 PM

7,730 posts, read 13,136,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
And political advisor Karl Rove has ignored a supoena to appear and testify before a congressional committee investigating political pressure in the Justice Department

Rove Ignores Subpoena, Refuses To Testify, Former Bush Adviser A No-Show At Hearing On Alleged Political Pressure At Justice Dept. - CBS News

Wow oh wow and now Wolf Blitzer is all over the Phil Gramm comment. Man oh man.
McCain may be stuttering by Friday.
Let's ignore the present to focus on the future.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:34 PM

1,044 posts, read 1,817,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
I agree totally. Here is why. We elected the people who ran this country into the ground and now we are bitching about it. We elected Bush and his personal war for a second term. You voted, you lost...DEAL.

Now....I also believe that the economy is righting itself from a period of over inflated growth due to the Real Estate market. If people would stop being so damn scared and spend money then we would be fine. Instead of people losing homes to foreclosure why not force banks that wrote shady ARMS to eat it and refinance people on today's fixed rates? Wouldn't they lose less than not having a mortgage paid at all and having to sell a home for a severely discounted price (I am truly asking because I am no financial wizard and honestly don't believe the press on any of this). Yes it's giving a cop out to the people who took those ARMs but they are the ones who drive this economy and we need them spending too. Am I right or should I edit this after the fact to look smarter
I agree with you in part. I do agree that many Americans are whiners, I am soooo tired of hearing from the same idiots (yes I know it's harsh, but true) who voted for Bush twice and are now crying over all the bad things that are going on with the economy now. Oh yeah, that stupid tree hugger Al Gore, carbon credits? global warming? renewable energy? what a loser, no way!!! John Kerry? hell no, he windsurfs and his wife is all foreign and stuff, what a pansy, no way!!! Now, different story, the war is all the sudden a bad idea, our gas guzzling SUVs, not so good either, our economy, ummm, how about another $600 for a flat screen made in china?

I hate the idea of bailing out anyone who made a bad choice in their homebuying adventure, if they do get a re-fi, then there credit score should be under 500 for the next 20 or so years, that's a fair trade off in my opinion.

People really need to stop complaining, start spending what they can without going into debt, and try to help get this economy going again. We can't crawl under the covers and cry about it, we've got to do something about it.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:54 PM

48,508 posts, read 88,448,132 times
The truth hurts sometimes and that is what so many foreigners thnik reading people whine about high energy prices when theirs are higher.They also must wander if americans can read with all the I didn't know what I was signing on mortgages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections