Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 08:16 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,143,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
He appears to have surpassed him on many levels. This is not to say Senator Obama is more of a person - they are men and were created equal, I believe he can learn a lot from the President's experiences.
I agree that he can learn a lot - Clinton is a brilliant guy and a strategist and a half. And Obama can certainly learn from his mistakes!

I hope they get along. I dont see Obama spending a lot of time with that Carville-type old Democrat crowd, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 08:20 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,453,111 times
Look at the time he did spend with people he choose to be around.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:30 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,932,670 times
Quote:
Though Clinton's campaigning was limited, Gore in 2000.
How soon we forget. Gore rejected Clinton in terms of campaigning, since he (Gore) thought Clinton was a liability based on the numerous scandals within the WH.

After Gore lost, Clinton chastised Gore for not letting him campaign for him - telling him he should have won based on his record.

Gore didn't take kindly to that and blamed Clintons, er, indiscretions for the loss.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:39 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,429,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
How soon we forget. Gore rejected Clinton in terms of campaigning, since he (Gore) thought Clinton was a liability based on the numerous scandals within the WH.

After Gore lost, Clinton chastised Gore for not letting him campaign for him - telling him he should have won based on his record.

Gore didn't take kindly to that and blamed Clintons, er, indiscretions for the loss.
I said his campaigning was "limited" which was a mistake by Gore. Clinton, for all his difficulties, left with the highest end of office approval rating of any president since WW II. Compare that to the abysmal ratings of Bush the Terrible.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Look at the time he did spend with people he choose to be around.
Do you mean...Tony Rezko? TR was tried and convicted and not a single bit of dirt was found connecting Obama to Rezko's illegal activities. The governor of Illinois was implicated for Pete's sake - you know those prosecutors dug frantically and deep to connect Obama in any possible way, to anything. There was nothing.

You should read that NYer article "Making It" - you'll learn how small the world of Chicago politics is, plus it traces the Rezko connection from day one. (And it's an excellent, nonpartisan article just by itself.)

Do you mean...Rev. Wright? Show me anything in any part of Obama's platform that shows the faintest glimmer of RW's influence. Anything, go ahead.

Do you mean William Ayers and the fact that they were both on the board of the Woods Fund? Been covered to death on this forum and Im sick of typing and linking for people. Short answer - show me anything in Obama's platform that shows the influence of the Weathermen, or anything that indicates he has political connections with WA. Here again that "Making It" article could help you see the facts more clearly.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:44 PM

11 posts, read 8,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
President Clinton didn't leave us prepared? What was he thinking?
he was thinkn' with the wrong head as he was distracted in the oval office with interns and secretaries and anything else in a skirt
maybe that's why Hillary only wears those pants suits so Bill will leave her alone

Old 07-17-2008, 08:52 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,453,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Do you mean...Tony Rezko? TR was tried and convicted and not a single bit of dirt was found connecting Obama to Rezko's illegal activities. The governor of Illinois was implicated for Pete's sake - you know those prosecutors dug frantically and deep to connect Obama in any possible way, to anything. There was nothing.
I saw that. I also saw everyone around him being corrupt...even if arguebly he wasn't himself. Would he be where he is without the corruption?

Quote:
You should read that NYer article "Making It" - you'll learn how small the world of Chicago politics is, plus it traces the Rezko connection from day one. (And it's an excellent, nonpartisan article just by itself.)
I will read it. I think you elduded to this in another thread also.

Quote:
Do you mean...Rev. Wright? Show me anything in any part of Obama's platform that shows the faintest glimmer of RW's influence. Anything, go ahead.
Yes. 20 years is all you need. I don't know if your religious. But religion get's to the very core value of people. If someone listened to the teachings of Mr. Wright and stayed 20 years that speaks volumes. Not till it became a problem for his political campaign did he decide for a "change"

Quote:
Do you mean William Ayers and the fact that they were both on the board of the Woods Fund? Been covered to death on this forum and Im sick of typing and linking for people. Short answer - show me anything in Obama's platform that shows the influence of the Weathermen, or anything that indicates he has political connections with WU. Here again that "Making It" article could help you see the facts more clearly.
Let me get back to you after reading your link.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:05 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,760,169 times
This is obviously a good thing for Obama. I think if he can get the Clintons in full support and show their support is genuine, a lot of people may make the leap off the fence onto the Obama side.

Im sure both of them will end up in his cabinet in some format, which again would be another good thing.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:
I saw that. I also saw everyone around him being corrupt...
"Everyone" who, Rezko?

Quote:
even if arguebly he wasn't himself. Would he be where he is without the corruption?
Yes! He's not connected!

Quote:
Yes. 20 years is all you need. I don't know if your religious. But religion get's to the very core value of people. If someone listened to the teachings of Mr. Wright and stayed 20 years that speaks volumes. Not till it became a problem for his political campaign did he decide for a "change"
Show me any quote, video, political plank of Obama's that shows the "G* D*mn America" influence.

Quote:
Let me get back to you after reading your link.
I know I've linked to that article quite a bit - I do think it would help people see who this guy is so they can stop speculating. I hope you enjoy it.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
This is obviously a good thing for Obama. I think if he can get the Clintons in full support and show their support is genuine, a lot of people may make the leap off the fence onto the Obama side.

Im sure both of them will end up in his cabinet in some format, which again would be another good thing.
I dont know...I think they're part of the old days and they have this lingering smell of corruption about them (just my opinion). I suppose they've worked out a deal to pay Hillary's bills.

But Bill will be a good fundraiser if he wants to be - though he sure didnt help Hillary much - and Hillary - I dont know. I hope she'll campaign earnestly and convincingly. Earn that $10M.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections