Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-13-2008, 10:35 AM
 
35,016 posts, read 39,179,319 times
Reputation: 6195

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
You say Obama "was given a Muslim name at birth like Barry... I mean Barack Hussein." as if it were a scarlet letter. What is wrong with a muslim name? You should be careful. You're doing a really good job of painting yourself as a bigot.
new in town?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-13-2008, 10:47 AM
 
1,555 posts, read 1,980,114 times
Reputation: 257
Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
new in town?
care to elaborate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2008, 10:49 AM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,577 posts, read 7,858,030 times
Reputation: 835
some of the posters, myself included, have a reputation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
care to elaborate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2008, 10:51 AM
 
Location: S.Florida
3,326 posts, read 5,343,974 times
Reputation: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Thank you for proving you know nothing about Islam.

Christianity, Judaism and Zoroastrianism are the three "revealed religions" and the Koran requires such members to be protected.

An "infidel" is one who is neither a Muslim, a Christian, a Jew nor a Zoroastrian.

Muslims have historically protected non-catholic Christians, especially Orthodox Christians, Nestorian Christians, Assyrian Christians and others from the brutality and atrocities of catholics.

Muslims (and Orthodox Chrisitans) have also historically protected Jews from the brutality and atrocities committed by Christians, especially by catholics. Jews were not persecuted in Muslim Spain, but they were in catholic Spain, which is why they fled to the Middle East and Eastern Europe.

Likewise, Jews fled persecution in England, France, Germany and elsewhere to the protection of the Ottoman, Byzantine and Russian Empires.

In the Ottoman Empire, Jews were often appointed as Ambassadors, and held positions like the Minister of Finance and Minister of the Interior, while Orthodox Christians were typically appointed as military commanders.

Jesus Christ is a prophet in Islam, and in the Sunni sect, it's okay to pray to prophets, but not saints. In the Shi'a sect, you can pray to prophets and saints, and even build shrines for saints (there are dozens of shrines to saints in Shi'a Iraq, Iran, and in that area of Afghanistan where there is a large Shi'a presence). The Shi'a even pray to relics of saints and visit sites and shrines to see relics (just like catholics and Orthodox Christians do).

The Sufis, another Islamic sect heavily into mysticism, are also big on shrines and saints and relics.

If Obama would be a Muslim, he can certainly pray to Jesus if he wants, without being a hypocrite, and you don't have to worry about him forcing people to convert (unless you're an infidel).
---------------

There are also paragraphs in the Quran that denouce Judaism because they dont believe that Allah's/God's messanger has come and given the message.

That alone makes them infidels . Even Muslims from other sects are now Infidels .

What you state is correct about the past Jews having office etc in Islamic towns,cities but now the paragraph in "vogue" call Jews Infidels for the reason I stated.

They do not believe in the messanger thus they do not believe in the word they are no different than atheist .

There are paragraphs in the Quran which back you up completely and certainly do say that Jews are to be treated as Muslims.

However there are paragraphs that back me up and thats the in "vogue" radical Islam that has spread.

The Quran like ANY relegious book contradicts itself and can be used to designate an enemy . The "new" Quran Jews are Infidels .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2008, 11:00 AM
 
Location: S.Florida
3,326 posts, read 5,343,974 times
Reputation: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
To be Muslim or not to be Muslim?

That is the question......... that only matters to a bunch of paranoid, "overly patriotic", "true" Americans.
-----------------

"To be Muslim or not to be Muslim?"

In these times that will hurt a candidate thats reality .

That is why Obama prefers not to use his middle name .

I feel Obama has lost mid Florida due to it Muslim or not makes no difference the perception has lost him Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2008, 11:01 AM
 
1,555 posts, read 1,980,114 times
Reputation: 257
Default ahhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
some of the posters, myself included, have a reputation.
ohhh so the new kid on the block isn't allowed to have an opinion, huh? mea culpa. Maybe someday I can be a big kid like you guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2008, 11:05 AM
 
35,016 posts, read 39,179,319 times
Reputation: 6195
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
ohhh so the new kid on the block isn't allowed to have an opinion, huh? mea culpa. Maybe someday I can be a big kid like you guys.
Click around and read some of these people's posts and thread topics. They're proud to be frightened and angry.

They are a challenge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2008, 11:07 AM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,577 posts, read 7,858,030 times
Reputation: 835
no, no, the new kid can have an opinion. what we are saying, is that certain posters are known for certain things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
ohhh so the new kid on the block isn't allowed to have an opinion, huh? mea culpa. Maybe someday I can be a big kid like you guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2008, 11:40 AM
 
Location: Sunshine state
2,540 posts, read 3,738,003 times
Reputation: 4001
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Reciting the call to prayer, in perfect tone and accent is more than just "oh, he went to school there, that's all".
If someone lives long enough in Indonesia, let alone goes to a public school there, regardless of your religion and nationality, one can't help but know the Muslim's opening prayer, if not the whole prayer. This is because Islam is the default religion in all public schools and it's taught to students 1 hour a week in classes, and every government owned and operated radio and TV stations will air the full prayer @ 6pm without fail, as a reminder to its citizens that it's time to pray. I was raised In Indonesia and as a consequence, I know the full prayer, can recite it with perfect tone & accent, and understand the meaning word by word, eventhough I'm not Muslim and have never stepped foot in a mosque in my whole life.

Your argument is as absurd as accusing one a Catholic because one goes to Catholic school and can recite Hail Mary perfectly.

So, please, do yourself a favor and stop posting about this topic. Your ignorance is really blinding!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2008, 11:45 AM
 
35,016 posts, read 39,179,319 times
Reputation: 6195
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
If someone lives long enough in Indonesia, let alone goes to a public school there, regardless of your religion and nationality, one can't help but know the Muslim's opening prayer, if not the whole prayer. This is because Islam is the default religion in all public schools and it's taught to students 1 hour a week in classes, and every government owned and operated radio and TV stations will air the full prayer @ 6pm without fail, as a reminder to its citizens that it's time to pray. I was raised In Indonesia and as a consequence, I know the full prayer, can recite it with perfect tone & accent, and understand the meaning word by word, eventhough I'm not Muslim and have never stepped foot in a mosque in my whole life.

Your argument is as absurd as accusing one a Catholic because one goes to Catholic school and can recite Hail Mary perfectly.

So, please, do yourself a favor and stop posting about this topic. Your ignorance is really blinding!
Look around at posts and thread topics in this forum. These people dont want to know the facts. They dont want to think. They gleefully lie and spread lies, and shrug and say "Whatever works!" You know how the Rovian campaigns for Bush worked, how Fox News works and on whom it works, who the New Yorker cover was talking about - these are the people! In the words of Diana Christensen, "Son of a b*tch, we've struck the motherlode!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top