Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 01:05 PM

1,113 posts, read 1,815,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Because we dont want to bow to more govt pressures and do as they say. We dont ever want to pull out a prayer rug 4 times a day.
This is sarcasm right?

If so, haha.

If not, .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 01:08 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,943,650 times
Thumbs down Seriously..........

Quote:
Because we dont want to bow to more govt pressures and do as they say. We dont ever want to pull out a prayer rug 4 times a day.
As if the government isn't already bowing to the wants of Christians now? They pull the strings on numerous decision from our government. Bush has even talked about "speaking to God" about Iraq......and besides....it would take more than a Muslim president to "force" people to accept Islam.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:10 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,677,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsburg View Post
This is sarcasm right?

If so, haha.

If not, .
Are you trying to tell us that you believe everything YOUR govt tells you? I believe NOTHING they say. They have never ever told the truth. Ever. Prove me wrong.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Are you trying to tell us that you believe everything YOUR govt tells you? I believe NOTHING they say. They have never ever told the truth. Ever. Prove me wrong.
I did not have sexual relations with that woman.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:14 PM

Anyway, the point of me quoting you was that it sounded like you were afraid that a muslim in office would make us all have to pray towards Mecca every day.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:16 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,704,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsburg View Post
This is sarcasm right?

If so, haha.

If not, .
Seconded.

Like an entire country which consists mostly of Christians, is going to suddenly convert to Islam because a guy, who's not Muslim but who lived in Indonesia for a few years four decades ago, becomes President. Yeah, that's not a stretch. Oh, sure, it's entirely plausible. Get ready to pull out your prayer rugs!

What an idiotic concept.

Last edited by Politico; 07-18-2008 at 01:35 PM..

Old 07-18-2008, 01:21 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,574,477 times
I'm Jewish, but most of my friends were Catholic when I was a child. I knew the Hail Mary before I knew the Shema. Does that make me Catholic? Of course not; and it doesn't make Barack Obama Muslim. Of course I would vote for him no matter what his religion or if he was Atheist. Religious preference does not determine the type of President someone will be.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:24 PM
mga

230 posts, read 397,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny1031 View Post
There's absolutely no inconsistency. As a young kid, he lived in Indonesia, a country that is 88% muslim and that has 200 million muslims. He probably heard the prayers quite frequently. It's also easier to pick up a language (particularly the "tone and accent) as a young kid than as an adult. Let's get off this completely and utterly irrelevant issue of whether he's a muslim or christian. Who cares. What's more important are the issues. And like you, I disagree with him on some issues.
ummm...the problem is.....no one knows where obama stands on any issue.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mga View Post
ummm...the problem is.....no one knows where obama stands on any issue.
People do know where McCain stands for the most part, and they are guessing that Obama won't estrange himself from his party by suiciding the White House on his first day in office (or by supporting "out there" policies).

Old 07-18-2008, 01:34 PM

27,215 posts, read 46,782,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Same article. He was attending school in Indonesia so he followed their curriculum. I know plenty of people who went to school overseas, attended local schools, were taught under their curriculum and still maintained their own religious identity (and I am not an Obama supporter either).
I every country you have Christian schools and other schools. If Obama wasn't a muslim he didn't have to attend that school. I know people who went to school there and never went to a muslim school.
In my native country, when I was younger I couldn't even attend a Christian school because I'm jewish and had to go 20 min. further on my bike to get to my elementary school.
His mother chose for him to attend this school and was very much into the muslim religion as she married a muslim and liked their culture. Indonesia has one of the most extreme muslims and for Obama to make the remark that the cover of the magazine was an insult to the American muslims....I don't understand this, he always called him self a Christian and now saying this....and what kind of a Christian church he belongs to....OMG, it is getting worse and worse with Nobama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections