Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-20-2008, 06:51 AM
 
Location: NC
1,142 posts, read 2,121,777 times
Reputation: 368

Advertisements

Part of the conflict in Barack Obama's early childhood education came not from his identy problems with race. Rather they were from his confusing religious upbringing. His mother's life was chaotic. She frequently left him for extended periods. During those times he lived with his stepfather's family.

His mother moved him from a small private school to a Catholic school. His paternal family, the Soetorios, moved him to a public school which was approximately 90% Muslim. When his mother returned she moved him back to the Catholic school. When his mother left to travel around the world with a new lover, Barack and his half sister Maya moved to the largely Muslim school.

Obama received instruction in Catholicism, Christianity and morality from the Nuns and Priests at his Catholic school. When he was moved by his stepfather's family he attended Muslim prayer services and was instructed in Islam. There obviously was a great difference in the two cultures and the conflict weighed heavily on young Obama's mind.

His mother did not profess a religion. In that regard she was of no help. He liked pleasing her so he listened quietly and intensely while she explained that Marxists do not believe in a higher power.

During his last years in Indonesia he regularly attended prayer in a local mosque. All of his friends were Muslims. He has said that during this period he studied both the Bible and the Koran.

His return to Hawaii appears to open a new chapter in Barack Obama's life. From this point until his move to Chicago he had no religion. The early years in Hawaii were characterized by rebellion. The conflicts in his life came to a head in the form of racial intolerence toward his mother's "white" family and rebellion toward authority.

He studied Marxism from the Communist Anarchist Frank Marshall Davis and hung out
with drug dealers. Barack did not apply himself in school and very nearly dropped out. Though underage he drank beer and smoked pot regularly. Sometimes he did a line or two of Cocaine.

Had he been a practicing Muslim he would not have done these things.

Many years later after Obama moved to Chicago his political ambitions became known to a group of Chicago Socialists. They told him that if he wanted to run for political office it would help him to be a Christian and belong to a Christian Church.

He was introduced to Jerimiah Wright who taught him that Black Liberation Theology was not about God's love or Jesus' salvation. Rather it was about hating and cursing those things that you feel are repressing you and keeping you from succeeding. Obama joined Trinity United Church of Christ and joined in the hand clapping, shouting and praise for Wright's filth laced hate sermons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-20-2008, 07:07 AM
 
21,026 posts, read 22,164,434 times
Reputation: 5941
So, all you spineless little scaredy cats...what EXACTLY do you think Obama would do I F he was a Muslim ?

Commandeer Air Force One and fly it into a building???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 07:17 AM
 
Location: NC
1,142 posts, read 2,121,777 times
Reputation: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Minor View Post
Part of the conflict in Barack Obama's early childhood education came not from his identy problems with race. Rather they were from his confusing religious upbringing. His mother's life was chaotic. She frequently left him for extended periods. During those times he lived with his stepfather's family.

His mother moved him from a small private school to a Catholic school. His paternal family, the Soetorios, moved him to a public school which was approximately 90% Muslim. When his mother returned she moved him back to the Catholic school. When his mother left to travel around the world with a new lover, Barack and his half sister Maya moved to the largely Muslim school.

Obama received instruction in Catholicism, Christianity and morality from the Nuns and Priests at his Catholic school. When he was moved by his stepfather's family he attended Muslim prayer services and was instructed in Islam. There obviously was a great difference in the two cultures and the conflict weighed heavily on young Obama's mind.

His mother did not profess a religion. In that regard she was of no help. He liked pleasing her so he listened quietly and intensely while she explained that Marxists do not believe in a higher power.

During his last years in Indonesia he regularly attended prayer in a local mosque. All of his friends were Muslims. He has said that during this period he studied both the Bible and the Koran.

His return to Hawaii appears to open a new chapter in Barack Obama's life. From this point until his move to Chicago he had no religion. The early years in Hawaii were characterized by rebellion. The conflicts in his life came to a head in the form of racial intolerence toward his mother's "white" family and rebellion toward authority.

He studied Marxism from the Communist Anarchist Frank Marshall Davis and hung out
with drug dealers. Barack did not apply himself in school and very nearly dropped out. Though underage he drank beer and smoked pot regularly. Sometimes he did a line or two of Cocaine.

Had he been a practicing Muslim he would not have done these things.

Many years later after Obama moved to Chicago his political ambitions became known to a group of Chicago Socialists. They told him that if he wanted to run for political office it would help him to be a Christian and belong to a Christian Church.

He was introduced to Jerimiah Wright who taught him that Black Liberation Theology was not about God's love or Jesus' salvation. Rather it was about hating and cursing those things that you feel are repressing you and keeping you from succeeding. Obama joined Trinity United Church of Christ and joined in the hand clapping, shouting and praise for Wright's filth laced hate sermons.
Clearly, even though he studied the Koran and attended prayer in a mosque, he never declared that he was a Muslim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 05:10 PM
 
21,026 posts, read 22,164,434 times
Reputation: 5941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So, all you spineless little scaredy cats...what EXACTLY do you think Obama would do I F he was a Muslim ?

Commandeer Air Force One and fly it into a building???


What ???

What?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 05:42 PM
 
2,258 posts, read 3,496,190 times
Reputation: 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Nothing sad about it at all. Unfortunately, Obama has associations with radicals who are terrorist sympathizers. That's not the 'type' of muslim I would welcome to the presidency.
I'm pretty sure no Muslim would be welcomed by you to the presidency. Your response in that poll is implicating indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 05:46 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times
Reputation: 7118
Quote:
I'm pretty sure no Muslim would be welcomed by you to the presidency. Your response in that poll is implicating indeed.
It implicates nothing. Since there was not a breakdown between "good muslim" and "bad muslim".

So, based on Obama's radical associations, you are right, I would not want to see him in the WH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 08:10 PM
 
210 posts, read 671,828 times
Reputation: 54
Not to raise an old issue, but it was REV WRIGHT in CHURCH that Sanrene has been screaming about... not Imam Wright.

A closet Muslim that has been following a Christian Rev for the past 20 years.

Which is it kids????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 08:21 PM
 
21,026 posts, read 22,164,434 times
Reputation: 5941
So, all you spineless little scaredy cats...what EXACTLY do you think Obama would do I F he was a Muslim ?

STILL no answer....????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 08:26 PM
 
Location: WHERE THE WHITE WOMEN AT!?
231 posts, read 157,248 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
STILL no answer....????
They're trying to find out if they can legally say it on the Internet or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by watamensch View Post
Not to raise an old issue, but it was REV WRIGHT in CHURCH that Sanrene has been screaming about... not Imam Wright.

A closet Muslim that has been following a Christian Rev for the past 20 years.

Which is it kids????
Insurance company rules say...whatever is convenient depending on the question asked!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hoAm6cTgAXA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2008, 08:06 AM
 
21,026 posts, read 22,164,434 times
Reputation: 5941
It's a simple question....


Shout and scream, lie, drool about Obama being a Muslim and then have NO answer as to what that means if he becomes president....hot air, no substance...the "platform" of the repubs...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top