U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-21-2008, 11:20 AM
 
Location: By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea
67,394 posts, read 50,778,067 times
Reputation: 38427

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Such a closed mind.

If you can get past the fact we are where we are you would see we aren't on 9/10/2000


Well, you're wrong.

I'm open to listening but you've made no argument other than attempts to justify war with possibly, maybe, could bes, that's not enough in my view.

And "we are where we are" yet we "aren't on 9/10/2000"??????

Is that supposed to make sense?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-21-2008, 11:29 AM
 
29,912 posts, read 38,185,008 times
Reputation: 4787
Your stuck in the past. We need to move forward not whine about the past.

2001 sorry I'm human I made a mistake...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2008, 01:43 PM
 
Location: By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea
67,394 posts, read 50,778,067 times
Reputation: 38427
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Your stuck in the past. We need to move forward not whine about the past.

2001 sorry I'm human I made a mistake...
YOU are the one with the closed mind you accuse others of having.

YOU've argued "human rights" which is laughable.

YOU are the one making excuses with statements like

"Even if WMD didn't exist which the rest of the world thought there was a chance they did "

Thinking something possibly might be is a damn poor reason to invade a country.

YOU need to learn that continuing a mistake does not somehow mysteriously change it into the right thing to do.

Your argument reminds me of those who during the Vietnam War argued that "if we pull out now those who've died will have died in vain", WHERE is the logic in sending more off to die for a cause that was NEVER worthy in the first place? The ONLY thing it accomplishes is having MORE people die in vain.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2008, 02:15 PM
 
Location: WHERE THE WHITE WOMEN AT!?
231 posts, read 147,538 times
Reputation: 39
How's our progress in Darfur coming along?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2008, 02:19 PM
 
Location: By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea
67,394 posts, read 50,778,067 times
Reputation: 38427
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHusseinMoore View Post
How's our progress in Darfur coming along?


How's our progress in America coming along? THAT's what I want to know!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2008, 02:26 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,321 posts, read 43,437,987 times
Reputation: 7117
Rasmussen Reports™: The most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a presidential election.

Not as bad as the media makes it out to be.

Open your eyes; they are trying to influence a presidential election the same way they did in 1992.

Remember before the 1992 election, oh the economic news was horrible, right after Bubba was elected the news miraculously did an 180 reversal.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2008, 02:56 PM
 
29,912 posts, read 38,185,008 times
Reputation: 4787
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
YOU are the one with the closed mind you accuse others of having.

YOU've argued "human rights" which is laughable.

YOU are the one making excuses with statements like

"Even if WMD didn't exist which the rest of the world thought there was a chance they did "

Thinking something possibly might be is a damn poor reason to invade a country.

YOU need to learn that continuing a mistake does not somehow mysteriously change it into the right thing to do.

Your argument reminds me of those who during the Vietnam War argued that "if we pull out now those who've died will have died in vain", WHERE is the logic in sending more off to die for a cause that was NEVER worthy in the first place? The ONLY thing it accomplishes is having MORE people die in vain.
Okay man your right I'm wrong....I was stating my opinion of the situation and since your still were bringing up what has it done for us like we can change that or anything about that...I assumed....you were in the past.

I would also check out the news...they will be coming home or going to Afghanistan soon....is that worthy?

Good day.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2008, 03:01 PM
 
Location: By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea
67,394 posts, read 50,778,067 times
Reputation: 38427
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Okay man your right I'm wrong....I was stating my opinion of the situation and since your still were bringing up what has it done for us like we can change that or anything about that...I assumed....you were in the past.

I would also check out the news...they will be coming home or going to Afghanistan soon....is that worthy?

Good day.

THAT's exactly what really gets me PO'ed, IF we had concentrated on Afghanistan and FINISHED the job in the first place instead of diverting forces to Iraq which presented NO IMMINENT THREAt then more than likely the Afghanistan situarion wouldn't be deteriorating as it currently is.

And NO! "Going to Afghanistan" instead of coming hiome IS NOT WORTHY!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2008, 03:07 PM
 
29,912 posts, read 38,185,008 times
Reputation: 4787
Will you flip we we ramp up for Iran?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2008, 03:29 PM
 
31,610 posts, read 39,296,023 times
Reputation: 14230
BAGHDAD, July 21 ---Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama received a red-carpet welcome from Iraq's government Monday, and shortly afterward a government spokesman declared that it would like U.S. combat forces to withdraw from Iraq by the end of 2010 -- about eight months later than Obama's proposal.

This is a 3:52PM post from the Washington Post. Go to their site for the full article.

They are playing major games with us.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top