Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 05:20 PM

31,689 posts, read 41,109,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
How do you reckon that? Are you talking about the speech (video 1) or the news conference (video 2)?
Now do you have your answer? You respond to what some people say and then they say that wasn't what they meant if they don't like your answer.
Tee hee

Old 07-22-2008, 05:20 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,220,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
What are you talking about I watched both.
In the second video he looks right at the questioner to his right and speaks. In the first video he's got notes and he looks down at them.

And in neither one does he stammer or hesitate any more than the regular joe.

Old 07-22-2008, 05:21 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,627,604 times
Intelligence can be contagious?...

~gotta make that into a tee-shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Funny thing is that some how the answer to the questions were on his podium. Look at how many time he looks down to read them.
Ok you said it and I responded but you didn't mean it ok. done with

35,016 posts, read 39,220,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Now do you have your answer? You respond to what some people say and then they say that wasn't what they meant if they don't like your answer.
Tee hee
I need to lay off the coffee.

Old 07-22-2008, 05:25 PM

571 posts, read 854,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
RealClearPolitics - Video Log - Obama Press Conference in Jordan

Anybody see this today? What a bumbling fool! Yep, take him off the tele and he becomes a stuttering,bumbling,hesitant, uh,uh,uh,uh, fool.
Im sorry i just woke up. i was listening to one of McCain's speeches.He does that 2 me sometimes.

Your right Obama he stutters. I guess he shouldn't be president because of it.
Even though his speaches are the most listen to and well realy good speaches, the entire stutter thing puts him behind McCain, right?

I'm going 2 take a nap so let me go put on my McCain addresses the nation on tape.

Last edited by .....think; 07-22-2008 at 05:35 PM..

Old 07-22-2008, 05:26 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,500,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
RealClearPolitics - Video Log - Obama Press Conference in Jordan

Anybody see this today? What a bumbling fool! Yep, take him off the tele and he becomes a stuttering,bumbling,hesitant, uh,uh,uh,uh, fool.
I think you have some kind of creepy obsession with the man. Really goes beyond a simple choice in voting....

You and Fun2Day should start a club.

Old 07-22-2008, 05:30 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,348,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
In Jordan, Obama set to get a close look at Mideast peace process - International Herald Tribune

"The way it looks from our side is that this guy has a very good chance - at least a 50-50 chance - of getting to become the president of the United States," a senior Jordanian official said. "In the last eight years the Middle East has changed dramatically under Mr. Bush. There are many things to attend to."

The official added, "There are so many things at stake. This is why we don't want this window of opportunity to be missed."
--------------
I agree Obama looks great now but the election can go either way . I think Obama as of today is ahead in the polls but not much if you look at each state .
The debates in this election more so than any will count . Unless ofcourse something new and horrible comes out about a candidate that sticks and that should start come Sept/Oct.
Scare tactics work well .

Old 07-22-2008, 05:36 PM

Since few posters themselves are skilled or trained in public speaking I provide some links to help the independent reader evaluate the veracity of the posts.

Have You Mastered These 10 Public Speaking Skills?
Pausing

Pausing can be for emphasis or for effect. It is a speaker skill that is often underused. Pause mid sentence to emphasize a particular word or part of the thought. Pause before making a bold statement or to emphasize the statement. Pause no less than one second and not much longer than three. This is one of the more difficult of the speaker skills to master and be natural.

Impromptu Speaking or Extemporaneous Speaking - presentation skills
Maintain eye contact with the audience - This is easier to do if you do not write down all kinds of stuff to read. Look down at your next idea or thought and maintain eye contact with your audience and speak from your heart. Focus on communicating TO your audience and not speaking AT the crowd.

Now you the independent reader can viewer the provided video and form your own conclusion about the legitimacy of the posts by all of us in this thread.

Good reading and good thinking.

Old 07-22-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
--------------
I agree Obama looks great now but the election can go either way . I think Obama as of today is ahead in the polls but not much if you look at each state .
The debates in this election more so than any will count . Unless ofcourse something new and horrible comes out about a candidate that sticks and that should start come Sept/Oct.
Scare tactics work well .
Yup they got us Bush in 2000 and 2004 and I guess McCain has decided if you can't beat them join them. Thus Rove and the Beastie Bloggers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections