Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 05:41 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,015,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Since few posters themselves are skilled or trained in public speaking I provide some links to help the independent reader evaluate the veracity of the posts.

Have You Mastered These 10 Public Speaking Skills?
Pausing

Pausing can be for emphasis or for effect. It is a speaker skill that is often underused. Pause mid sentence to emphasize a particular word or part of the thought. Pause before making a bold statement or to emphasize the statement. Pause no less than one second and not much longer than three. This is one of the more difficult of the speaker skills to master and be natural.

Impromptu Speaking or Extemporaneous Speaking - presentation skills
Maintain eye contact with the audience - This is easier to do if you do not write down all kinds of stuff to read. Look down at your next idea or thought and maintain eye contact with your audience and speak from your heart. Focus on communicating TO your audience and not speaking AT the crowd.

Now you the independent reader can viewer the provided video and form your own conclusion about the legitimacy of the posts by all of us in this thread.

Good reading and good thinking.
It is not about being skilled. The simple fact is Obama when reading something can speak. He can sell you beach front property in N Dakota. When he can't read the response he sounds worse than McCain!

Continue to post your antics. Congrats everyone tur. can Google on the internet!

Old 07-22-2008, 05:54 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,634,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
It is not about being skilled. The simple fact is Obama when reading something can speak. He can sell you beach front property in N Dakota. When he can't read the response he sounds worse than McCain!

Continue to post your antics. Congrats everyone tur. can Google on the internet!
Public speaking is a skill that requires mastery and confidence in order to be effective. It is often rated as the highest fear, and even eclipses spiders in some polls. I personally love public speaking.

Old 07-22-2008, 05:56 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,238,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Didn't watch the second video, huh.

Old 07-22-2008, 06:06 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,944,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
RealClearPolitics - Video Log - Obama Press Conference in Jordan

Anybody see this today? What a bumbling fool! Yep, take him off the tele and he becomes a stuttering,bumbling,hesitant, uh,uh,uh,uh, fool.
The contrast in his prepared speeches and his attempt to answer random questions is incredible. I don't think I have ever seen such a contrast, ever. He really has a hard time staying focussed without a prepared speech or a TelePrompter. I don't think it is of a huge importance just really weird. I would have thought his experience as a community activist would have made him a better speaker.

Old 07-22-2008, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
The contrast in his prepared speeches and his attempt to answer random questions is incredible. I don't think I have ever seen such a contrast, ever. He really has a hard time staying focussed without a prepared speech or a TelePrompter. I don't think it is of a huge importance just really weird. I would have thought his experience as a community activist would have made him a better speaker.
SoccerSupporter, did you watch the News Conference video? Did you see how well and how thoroughly he answered the reporter's question? How can you say "he has a really hard time staying focused"?

Old 07-22-2008, 06:09 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,634,401 times
Actually it has been noted that Senator Obama is one of few (and by this I mean the General Population) persons who thinks, prior to answering the question, rather than inadvertently stating his first impulse only to correct mid-statement. This is a particularly important skill and usually noted to diplomats.

Old 07-22-2008, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
at least his thoughts are coherent unlike Dubya.
Come on Obama supporters to not recognize he struggles in these types of circumstances is pure denial. What is it with you guys? It is obvious to anyone with a brain that it is not his strong point. And you wonder why people call you Obamatrons.

Old 07-22-2008, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Come on Obama supporters to not recognize he struggles in these types of circumstances is pure denial. What is it with you guys? It is obvious to anyone with a brain that it is not his strong point. And you wonder why people call you Obamatrons.
Don't resort to name calling this quickly. Seriously, are you commenting on the second video?

Old 07-22-2008, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
McCain's been out to Iraq and the mideast six or eight times - including, famously, the trip he tried to bully Obama into coming along with, remember that? - and I dont remember reading or watching that he visited with or tried to learn ANYTHING from ANY leaders of countries out there.
That would because he did not have half the liberal media trailing along as cheerleaders. Once again I am sure you guys don't recognize the obvious bias. Too blind to see anything I suppose.

Old 07-22-2008, 06:13 PM

Quote:
That would because he did not have half the liberal media trailing along as cheerleaders. Once again I am sure you guys don't recognize the obvious bias. Too blind to see anything I suppose.
It's on VIDEO!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections