Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2008, 08:23 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,619,666 times

Advertisements

This, I know is a sensitive topic - The Democrats have done nothing in 1.6 years so I can only assume the current situation and assessment of the US should be credited to the GOP. Is this incorrect?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 08:27 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,462,525 times
They haven't done much good. While I usually vote republican, since I have been able to vote I should say, I am not very happy with the batch we got now. Way too little conservatives for a party that is supposed to represent conservatism. They lack morally, and fiscally.

Not to say the democrats are any better. They proudly admit to stealing our tax dollars, being baby killers, wanting to destroy our country through illegal immigration, cheating on their wives, having illegitimate children, being druggies, etc. So when someone finds out about these crooks, they act as if it is business as usual. When they find out about the republicans, it is turned into a big deal because they are supposed to be the party of morals. Really shows a lot for both parties if you ask me.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:37 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,938,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
This, I know is a sensitive topic - The Democrats have done nothing in 1.6 years so I can only assume the current situation and assessment of the US should be credited to the GOP. Is this incorrect?
They have done what every other group of bozos have, Republicans and Democrats, nothing. I can't remember when any administration has done anything real substantial. I judge each of them on how much damage they do because it is easier that way. The Democrats usually tax the heck out of us, start new entitlement programs that we can't pay for without new taxes. The Republicans proved that they can out Democrat the Democrats this past administration but growing government, teaching the Democrats how to truly cozy on up to the trough, and prove once again the power corrupts all politicians. I can't wait for the scandals of the next administration and Congress. It will be a hoot to watch.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:38 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,938,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
They haven't done much good. While I usually vote republican, since I have been able to vote I should say, I am not very happy with the batch we got now. Way too little conservatives for a party that is supposed to represent conservatism. They lack morally, and fiscally.

Not to say the democrats are any better. They proudly admit to stealing our tax dollars, being baby killers, wanting to destroy our country through illegal immigration, cheating on their wives, having illegitimate children, being druggies, etc. So when someone finds out about these crooks, they act as if it is business as usual. When they find out about the republicans, it is turned into a big deal because they are supposed to be the party of morals. Really shows a lot for both parties if you ask me.
Could not have said it better myself, but I did try to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections