Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2008, 01:30 PM

31,687 posts, read 41,086,927 times

Advertisements

From Politico. Oh yeah Clinton wins the nomination instead at the convention and then? Hey even if he loses that book deal should be up to 20 million now. Man oh man how many wouldn't love to be in that position. Lose and you make how much?
Everybody wants a piece of Obama - Ben Smith - Politico.com

A convention slot is merely the highest-profile goodie in Obama's bag. Next come requests for fundraising help from the Senate and House Democratic campaign committees. Obama has sent out an e-mail on their behalf, but one source familiar with the requests said they've floated the idea of more fundraising. Individual members of Congress would also like his help raising money, and some members of the Congressional Black Caucus have reportedly sought his endorsement in contested primaries.

And then there are 50 state Democratic parties, many of which have sought Obama¹s presence at their annual fundraising dinners, standard campaign stops during the primary.

He is the Democratic party today and tomorrow. Is McCain the Republican party today and tomorrow or even yesterday?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 01:35 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,866,724 times
he certainly isn't the democrat party of yesterday. if this is what the democrat party has been reduced to, good luck retaining members. your gonna look like the GOP in 4 years with people jumping ship everywhere. well, maybe not. got to have a set to go against the hand that feeds you, and most democrats don't have sets, except for hillary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
From Politico. Oh yeah Clinton wins the nomination instead at the convention and then? Hey even if he loses that book deal should be up to 20 million now. Man oh man how many wouldn't love to be in that position. Lose and you make how much?
Everybody wants a piece of Obama - Ben Smith - Politico.com

A convention slot is merely the highest-profile goodie in Obama's bag. Next come requests for fundraising help from the Senate and House Democratic campaign committees. Obama has sent out an e-mail on their behalf, but one source familiar with the requests said they've floated the idea of more fundraising. Individual members of Congress would also like his help raising money, and some members of the Congressional Black Caucus have reportedly sought his endorsement in contested primaries.

And then there are 50 state Democratic parties, many of which have sought Obama¹s presence at their annual fundraising dinners, standard campaign stops during the primary.

He is the Democratic party today and tomorrow. Is McCain the Republican party today and tomorrow or even yesterday?

Old 07-26-2008, 02:26 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,976,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
most democrats don't have sets, except for hillary.
For a moment there I thought you wrote "most democrats don't have sex, except for Hillary..."

Makes me wonder "Does Bill know about this???"

(Also wondering, "Hmmm, maybe it's time to put the computer away and stop trying to pay attention to three things at the same time!" )

Old 07-26-2008, 02:29 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,866,724 times
great, you made me imagine hillary having sex. you know, that has been known to cause blindness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
For a moment there I thought you wrote "most democrats don't have sex, except for Hillary..."

Makes me wonder "Does Bill know about this???"

(Also wondering, "Hmmm, maybe it's time to put the computer away and stop trying to pay attention to three things at the same time!" )

Old 07-26-2008, 03:01 PM

Quote:
great, you made me imagine hillary having sex. you know, that has been known to cause blindness.
Is that why I have developed a hairy palm?

Old 07-26-2008, 03:43 PM

956 posts, read 1,236,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
..................And then there are 50 state Democratic parties, many of which have sought Obama¹s presence at their annual fundraising dinners, standard campaign stops during the primary.

The other seven states don't want Obama's presence for fundraising???

McCain is not the Republican party of either yesterday, today or tomorrow in my personal view. But he's what we've got for now so we'll work with it. He's a good man, a fair man and he'll do what's best for this country. He'll be a good transition to whatever happens next and he'll be excellent in the face of terrorism.

The country needs time to settle down from all the hatred and divisiveness of the last several years that hasn't been good for anyone. Even the last 2 years, when the Democrats were going to fix what's wrong in Washington, have been a dismal failure.

There is no one you can hold up right now and say "Wow!" ... no one. That's why Obama, with little history and such vagueness about who he really is, is seen as a savior for so many. They are reaching, hoping.

As you know, I'm a Republican. But I would consider voting for Hillary. Right now I miss her. She appeared during her campaign in an interview with Bill O'Reilly and I have to say I was very, very impressed.

But Obama??? Sure, everybody wants a piece of him because in our ignorance of who this man is, many honestly believe that he is the next, best hope.

I could be wrong, but I don't think he is. And if elected, I think this country, probably the world, is in for a huge disappointment.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
The other seven states don't want Obama's presence for fundraising???

McCain is not the Republican party of either yesterday, today or tomorrow in my personal view. But he's what we've got for now so we'll work with it. He's a good man, a fair man and he'll do what's best for this country. He'll be a good transition to whatever happens next and he'll be excellent in the face of terrorism.

The country needs time to settle down from all the hatred and divisiveness of the last several years that hasn't been good for anyone. Even the last 2 years, when the Democrats were going to fix what's wrong in Washington, have been a dismal failure.

There is no one you can hold up right now and say "Wow!" ... no one. That's why Obama, with little history and such vagueness about who he really is, is seen as a savior for so many. They are reaching, hoping.

As you know, I'm a Republican. But I would consider voting for Hillary. Right now I miss her. She appeared during her campaign in an interview with Bill O'Reilly and I have to say I was very, very impressed.

But Obama??? Sure, everybody wants a piece of him because in our ignorance of who this man is, many honestly believe that he is the next, best hope.

I could be wrong, but I don't think he is. And if elected, I think this country, probably the world, is in for a huge disappointment.
Not every congressional district is such that being identified with Obama would be helpful. There are Super Delegate Democratic delegates who might abstain rather than vote for anyone at the convention. They are conservatives in tight races in republican districts especially in the south.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:31 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,498,473 times
Quote:
To further creep you out:

Old 07-26-2008, 09:21 PM

Guys which is hotter?
Hillary as Hillary?
Bill as Hillary?
Nobody as Hillary?
Word Hot and Hillary should not be together?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections