Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 01:29 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,626,688 times

Advertisements

"McCain led 49 percent to Obama's 40 percent in a June 25 poll of 500 likely voters by Rasmussen Reports. Obama trailed McCain in Arizona by 20 percentage points in an April poll."

......."donations this year are nearly even: McCain's Arizona donors have given him $2 million. Obama's Arizona donors have given him just $66,000 less."

Hmm...

The McCain campaign did not respond to requests for comment Wednesday.
Source
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 01:31 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,873,255 times
I would think he will carry arizona. too early to tell any of this though. it's probably going to be a totally different race once the other 85% of americans start paying attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
"McCain led 49 percent to Obama's 40 percent in a June 25 poll of 500 likely voters by Rasmussen Reports. Obama trailed McCain in Arizona by 20 percentage points in an April poll."

......."donations this year are nearly even: McCain's Arizona donors have given him $2 million. Obama's Arizona donors have given him just $66,000 less."

Hmm...

The McCain campaign did not respond to requests for comment Wednesday.
Source

Old 07-25-2008, 01:33 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,626,919 times
Yes we are seeing the West go Democratic. Certainly Nevada\ New Mexico\ Colorado are following the coast states [Oregon\ Washinton\ California\ Hawaii by turning Blue.

Many in Arizona don't like McCain for his immigration stance.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:38 PM

what is the democratic party? you mean the democrat party? call it what it is. I don't see mccain and obama seeing too different on immigration. like I said though, wait until the other 85% of americans take notice. probably half the country know who is even running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Yes we are seeing the West go Democratic. Certainly Nevada\ New Mexico\ Colorado are following the coast states [Oregon\ Washinton\ California\ Hawaii by turning Blue.

Many in Arizona don't like McCain for his immigration stance.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:41 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,989,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
what is the democratic party? you mean the democrat party? call it what it is.
LOL, a democrat party is when a bunch of us gather around the pool, drink beer, and (if we've had enough beer) start singing our own version of the movie trailer:

"Obama-mia! Here we go again. My My-- How can we resist you!"

This, on the other hand, is The Democratic Party (http://www.democrats.org/ObamaSplash.html - broken link)
There's a web page somewhere in this Democratic National Committee site that can explain it to you.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:45 PM

it's a made up term. it's democrats and republicans. not democratics and republicans. it's like those idiots who want to "take back our democracy." we live in a constitutional republic. imagery with words. how painfully predictable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
The Democratic Party (http://www.democrats.org/ObamaSplash.html - broken link)
This site from the Democratic National Committee can explain it to you.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:46 PM

oh, and I love how their website is democrats.org. further proving my point.

Quote:
The Democratic Party (http://www.democrats.org/ObamaSplash.html - broken link)
This site from the Democratic National Committee can explain it to you.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:56 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,626,688 times
So I suppose we should discuss the Relevance of the term GOP next?

Anyway....I suspect more of the Country is paying attention than you give them credit for, and Senator McCain's lead is shrinking in his home State. He leads by 110,000 registered voters.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:59 PM

I thought the GOP stood for "Got OrthoPedics?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
So I suppose we should discuss the Relevance of the term GOP next?

Anyway....I suspect more of the Country is paying attention than you give them credit for, and Senator McCain's lead is shrinking in his home State. He leads by 110,000 registered voters.

Old 07-25-2008, 02:01 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,989,410 times
Quote:
LOL, a democrat party is when a bunch of us gather around the pool, drink beer, and (if we've had enough beer) start singing our own version of the movie trailer:

"Obama-mia! Here we go again. My My-- How can we resist you!"
It's a great party, too. Great weather, great company, good beer, lousy singing. What more can you ask for? C'mon, join the party. Here, I'll pour you a beer....

http://www.freefever.com/animatedgifs/animated/beer4.gif (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections