Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 11:09 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,179,319 times

Advertisements

this is a duplicate of an earlier post but I wanted to try to be sure you got it, you might find it important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I just received an e-mail that was so awful, I wouldn't even pass it on. It was quoting Obama from the things he has said in his books. It clearly showed him to be a racist by what he has written, not because of something his pastor said.
Did you check out the claims of the email against snopes.com or factcheck.org?

It's very likely you're in receipt of a propaganda email the intent of which is to take pieces of his books out of context in order to mislead you into being afraid. Don't be fooled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 11:16 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,200,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidanriver View Post
It's amazing to me how many people actually think Obama has a chance to become president. I understand the media's reason to be fair for the reason of keeping things interesting and keeping people watching their programs. It's just amazing that so many people are living in this dream world and actually think Obama will get elected. These people must be very young and don't have a frame of reference from the past. Just only go back at last 12 years and study how these things work. These elections are decided 100 percent trust, patriotism, love for country and ability to relate to people in the heart of America. Anyone who thinks Obama can will is either delusional, young, or out of touch with middle America. It is middle America that decides elections and some people actually think they will vote against a veteran! That is not the way America thinks. I can not be any clearer than this.
Not only is it likely that Obama will be elected, it is likely he will be elected in a landslide.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:17 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,647,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
Oh give me a break about this 'country people' and 'city people' nonsense. Yeah, I grew up in an urban environment, that doesn't make me the 'enemy' any more than those who grew up in rural environments are my enemy, in fact, I have many good friends from the rural midwest, and while we laugh about the differences in our upbringing, we agree on a lot when it comes to our values. What a bizarre mindset you have.

Oh, and since you've decided that all of urban america, even midwestern urban america isn't part of your middle/midwestern america, kindly tell me what the hell 'middle america' even means. I thought it was a reference to the geographic 'middle of the US'.

Finally, while you mock LML for misunderstanding your post, your are steadfast in your derision of an entire region of the US based on your interaction with one person and some stuff you read on the internet, I find that interesting indeed (if not a bit sad).
Middle America are those people who are middle of the road in their thinking. That would be me and that you think the way I think is bizarre, just proves my point. I guess the election will prove which of us is right. I think McCain will be our next president. Whoopee!

Old 07-25-2008, 11:19 PM

36 posts, read 24,404 times
If the election was tomorrow Obama would lose.
This point is it's laughable to witness these people living in these dream worlds who actually think Obama has a chance. The man has no chance. He is not American enough. McCain might even win in a landslide.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:23 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,200,840 times
Quote:
This point is it's laughable to witness these people living in these dream worlds who actually think Obama has a chance. The man has no chance. He is not American enough. McCain might even win in a landslide.
You are talking about the United States of America right?

Old 07-25-2008, 11:35 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,647,185 times
Quote:
I don't know about tomorrow or about a landslide, but I think you are right that McCain will be the person elected president of these United States of America. I also think he will be a very good choice for the voters. I look forward to seeing what a wonderful First Lady Cindy McCain makes for us.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:44 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,855,821 times
Quote:
Please tell me what you are smoking, cause that is some strong stuff!

I don't know if you noticed the results from the primaries, but the Dems have significantly outnumbered the Reps in EVERY single contest, the Reps should really be concerned about that fact. 37 something million Dems voted in the primaries compared to barely 20 million or so Republicans.

From my standpoint, it's the Republicans who should be sweating this year. Oh and please don't use the Hillary excuse, the vast majority of her supporters are going for Obama this November.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:53 PM

36 posts, read 24,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudcommando View Post
Please tell me what you are smoking, cause that is some strong stuff!

I don't know if you noticed the results from the primaries, but the Dems have significantly outnumbered the Reps in EVERY single contest, the Reps should really be concerned about that fact. 37 something million Dems voted in the primaries compared to barely 20 million or so Republicans.

From my standpoint, it's the Republicans who should be sweating this year. Oh and please don't use the Hillary excuse, the vast majority of her supporters are going for Obama this November.
Living in LA you are out of touch with America. Lived there for a few years and it's a bit wacky. Lived all around the country and Obama is a no-go.
Again, Obama will not be elected simply due to his statements and actions, past associates, etc etc.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:17 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,607,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Do you really think the people in America would vote for just anyone rather than a Republican. That is a scary thought. Going from the frying pan into the fire will only make things worse.

I just received an e-mail that was so awful, I wouldn't even pass it on. It was quoting Obama from the things he has said in his books. It clearly showed him to be a racist by what he has written, not because of something his pastor said.
Instead of deciding to categorize what I think - read what I write.

RE: Emails, read his books. I just received an email that says I won $16,000,000.00 from a guy in Nigeria who's friend died in a plane crash. Sheesh

Old 07-26-2008, 12:20 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,768,437 times
Whoever gets elected will be blamed when we hit Great Depression part II. Obama better hope that he loses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections