Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 08:41 PM

36 posts, read 24,393 times

Advertisements

It's amazing to me how many people actually think Obama has a chance to become president. I understand the media's reason to be fair for the reason of keeping things interesting and keeping people watching their programs. It's just amazing that so many people are living in this dream world and actually think Obama will get elected. These people must be very young and don't have a frame of reference from the past. Just only go back at last 12 years and study how these things work. These elections are decided 100 percent trust, patriotism, love for country and ability to relate to people in the heart of America. Anyone who thinks Obama can will is either delusional, young, or out of touch with middle America. It is middle America that decides elections and some people actually think they will vote against a veteran! That is not the way America thinks. I can not be any clearer than this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 08:45 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,605,313 times
This isn't very clear, but I'll respond anyway. What does 12 years have to do with Today? Why do you think the rest of America's vote doesn't count?

Old 07-25-2008, 08:48 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times
Do you ever leave your house?

Old 07-25-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
This isn't very clear, but I'll respond anyway. What does 12 years have to do with Today? Why do you think the rest of America's vote doesn't count?
going back 12 years is an example someone can use to study how elections work in America.
If you use common sense you would know that Middle America decides the election and there is no way with two wars going on they are going to vote for an unknown character over a well known veteran. That is just not how America thinks. Your delusional, young, or out of touch with America if you think otherwise. Again, these are all facts and I am not trying to make anyone mad.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:56 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,057,092 times
Depending on the age of the OP and many of McCains key supporters yes they are young.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidanriver View Post
going back 12 years is an example someone can use to study how elections work in America.
If you use common sense you would know that Middle America decides the election and there is no way with two wars going on they are going to vote for an unknown character over a well known veteran. That is just not how America thinks. Your delusional, young, or out of touch with America if you think otherwise. Again, these are all facts and I am not trying to make anyone mad.
Maybe just maybe they are tired of war and a candidate who wants to start some more? Maybe just maybe. Only time will tell. So if I read you right the Republicans would sacrifice our young to win an election?
wow oh wow.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidanriver View Post
Hmm..nice attempt at characterization.

Why should we consider the last twelve years when 8 have been an absolute failure of epic proportions? Why not 50 years? The entire Country votes. If you prefer the confines of the middle of the Country so be it. I prefer a candidate who considers the entire Country.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:02 PM

America is reluctant to change parties during a war but this is no normal year. Part of the problem is that McCain is a veteran of a war thirty plus years ago. Not a recent one. He is a true Veteran more suited for a parade then the Oval Office.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Maybe just maybe they are tired of war and a candidate who wants to start some more? Maybe just maybe. Only time will tell. So if I read you right the Republicans would sacrifice our young to win an election?
wow oh wow.
It's a matter of trust. Obama has ruined himself with his comments, his friends, his actions. It's amazing people actually think American's will put Obama in office at this point. The election outcome is all so predictable.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:06 PM

Another part of the problem is the current leadership, it's disarray, and the disgruntled populace in all things Republican.

This group of Republicans single-handedly destroyed the term and meaning behind it's most established and important selling point - FISCAL CONSERVATIVES.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections