Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2008, 04:16 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,164,434 times

Advertisements

McCain Clarifies Position on Gay Adoption

Email

July 27, 2008 11:12 AM
ABC News' Mary Bruce reports: Sen. John McCain put rumors of a flip flop to rest this weekend, discussing his opposition to gay adoption in an exclusive "This Week" interview with George Stephanopoulos.
“My position is: It’s not the reason why I’m running for president of the United States; I’m running for president of the United States because I want to help with family values. And I think that family values are important, when we have two-parent-- families that are of parents that are the traditional family,” McCain said.
McCain told The New York Times earlier this month that he flatly opposed gay adoption, even in cases where children couldn't find another home -- but his campaign later backtracked, claiming McCain would not support any federal legislation to ban gay couples from adopting.
While McCain made clear to Stephanopoulos that "I am for the values that two-parent families, the traditional family, represents," he also highlighted the role of the states: """"""""

LOL! he sure didn't feel that way when Cindy shook her butt in his face and he dumped his wife leaving her to be a SINGLE parent "family"....what a two-faced scum bag..

When Stephanopoulis pressed him for his CORRECT stance old John just kept repeating like his Rove-tape-recorder got stuck saying over and over ...I'm for two-parent traditional two parent..blah, blah blah,....

Old 07-27-2008, 04:59 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,752,437 times
I saw that and it was pretty funny.LOL

Old 07-27-2008, 05:17 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,704,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
LOL! he sure didn't feel that way when Cindy shook her butt in his face and he dumped his wife leaving her to be a SINGLE parent "family"....what a two-faced scum bag.
Haha. That's exactly what I was thinking. What a fraud.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:14 PM

500 posts, read 910,668 times
Is a two parent family system effective even if one parent is addicted to drugs?

Old 07-27-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Dickman View Post
Is a two parent family system effective even if one parent is addicted to drugs?
Or if one of the parental units is cheating on the other parental unit with a rich blonde bimbo?

Old 07-27-2008, 06:25 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,616,442 times
Its McCain trying to accommodate the radical yahoo agenda ["God hates ****"] w/ his own biased ignorance. GOP is a century behind the times & increasingly are finding that their base is nothing more than red-neck states in the South.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:45 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,496,190 times
He's going to lose any support he had among social workers, because they have absolutely no problem with gay parents adopting children, seeing as their own parents did such a terrible idea.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:52 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,235,629 times
Why did he leave his first wife? Facts please. Maybe she was unbarable to live with. Maybe she was a screaching harpy.
Why is it so taboo to get a divorce? Was he a good father to his children afterward?
Many who condemn McCain had no issue with Clinton's appetites.
Seems kind of hypocritical to demonize him over a divorce. Would he be more likable if he just carried on very public affairs and stayed with his exwife?
I don't know what ended his marrage nor do I care.
Maybe cindy had a prime killer butt in her day? Many may deny the temtation but I think many would take the bait too.
Me? Nope cause I have a perfect wife who is also hot.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:58 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,672,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Why did he leave his first wife? Facts please. Maybe she was unbarable to live with. Maybe she was a screaching harpy.
Why is it so taboo to get a divorce? Was he a good father to his children afterward?
Seems kind of hypocritical to demonize him over a divorce. Would he be more likable if he just carried on very public affairs and stayed with his exwife?
I don't know what ended his marrage nor do I care.
Maybe cindy had a prime killer butt in her day? Many may deny the temtation but I think many would take the bait too.
Me? Nope cause I have a perfect wife who is also hot.
If you run some searches, you'll find that McCain admits the divorce was his fault, and he was going through a mid-life crisis and wanted to be young again. (previous discussion here: //www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...ht=mccain+wife)

His first wife was crippled in a car accident while he was a POW. He left her while they were still married for the much younger Cindy (carried on a public affair).

If it was, in fact, that Cindy had a "prime perfect butt", and that caused him to leave his crippled wife that waited so many years for him to be released, then I do not want someone of that character running this country.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Why is it so taboo to get a divorce?
No one on this thread has said it's taboo to get a divorce. John McCain is publicly criticizing gay adoption, in favor of traditional (straight) two-parent households. What some of us have demonstrated is that evidently McCain thinks a household in which the two parents are gay is bad, but according to his own actions, doesn't seem to think there's anything wrong with a straight two-parent household in which one or both parents have a major character flaw(s), such as drug abuse, adultery, etc.

His logic (if you want to call it that) doesn't make much sense. Would a child honestly be better off in a household where his parents are loving, but gay, or in a household where his straight parents are cheating on each other, doing drugs, etc (such as in McCain's household)?

Quote:
Clinton wasn't spouting off about the merits of a traditional two-parent family...McCain is, but doesn't seem to be practicing what he preaches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.