U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-30-2008, 02:48 PM
 
31,461 posts, read 38,963,253 times
Reputation: 13952

Advertisements

This from Gallup and the posts in this forum say it all.

Obama Retains Strength Among Highly Educated

PRINCETON, NJ -- Barack Obama has by far his greatest strength among voters with postgraduate education, while John McCain has his highest level of support among voters who have a college degree but no postgraduate education.

Go Harvard Law and go elite college education.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-30-2008, 02:51 PM
 
34,968 posts, read 37,560,950 times
Reputation: 6190
Obama has got to connect with the natural McCain base, in fact he's way overdue.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2008, 02:54 PM
 
Location: Cary, NC
1,113 posts, read 1,739,818 times
Reputation: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Obama has got to connect with the natural McCain base, in fact he's way overdue.
He can do it by talking about the economy and how their money will become worthless with McCain economics.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2008, 03:01 PM
 
Location: Turn Left at Greenland
17,696 posts, read 38,060,891 times
Reputation: 8113
Well yippe ky-o-ky-a ... 24% of the population has a bachelor's or higher ... go get 'em cowboy! All those BA,BS, MS, MA, PhD, JD, MBA ... yeeeehaaaa!!! 24% 24% 24%. ...

phooey.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2008, 03:26 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
795 posts, read 1,365,844 times
Reputation: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsburg View Post
He can do it by talking about the economy and how their money will become worthless with McCain economics.


Is Obama planning to abolish the federal reserve?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2008, 03:48 PM
 
Location: Turn Left at Greenland
17,696 posts, read 38,060,891 times
Reputation: 8113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majordomo View Post
Is Obama planning to abolish the federal reserve?
Bob Barr probably does.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2008, 04:18 PM
 
Location: Texas
835 posts, read 1,271,351 times
Reputation: 173
Well I have a college degree from a Big 10 school, but I don't got no Masters or PhD or MBA. I do however have two people who I employee one with a Masters and one with an MBA and they are both still paying off college loans. I paid mine loan off first year out and 6 years later opened my own company so that I could employee these so called smarties. Things that make you go hmmmm

Guess they like Obama 'cuz they need a hand out. They may be book smart but they sure aren't smart enough to support themselves. Of course if Obama is elected they will be jobless as I refuse to pay the 60% in taxes Obama will charge me.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2008, 04:21 PM
 
Location: Turn Left at Greenland
17,696 posts, read 38,060,891 times
Reputation: 8113
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifice View Post
Well I have a college degree from a Big 10 school, but I don't got no Masters or PhD or MBA. I do however have two people who I employee one with a Masters and one with an MBA and they are both still paying off college loans. I paid mine loan off first year out and 6 years later opened my own company so that I could employee these so called smarties. Things that make you go hmmmm

Guess they like Obama 'cuz they need a hand out. They may be book smart but they sure aren't smart enough to support themselves. Of course if Obama is elected they will be jobless as I refuse to pay the 60% in taxes Obama will charge me.
Big 10-ers unite! I'm one of those master degreed people who apparently is in the minority ... not voting for Obama.

But go ahead OMessiah, go after that less than a quarter of a percent of the population. Big whoop!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2008, 04:23 PM
 
34,968 posts, read 37,560,950 times
Reputation: 6190
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifice View Post
Well I have a college degree from a Big 10 school, but I don't got no Masters or PhD or MBA. I do however have two people who I employee one with a Masters and one with an MBA and they are both still paying off college loans. I paid mine loan off first year out and 6 years later opened my own company so that I could employee these so called smarties. Things that make you go hmmmm

Guess they like Obama 'cuz they need a hand out. They may be book smart but they sure aren't smart enough to support themselves. Of course if Obama is elected they will be jobless as I refuse to pay the 60% in taxes Obama will charge me.
What 60%?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2008, 04:24 PM
 
Location: Transition Island
1,679 posts, read 2,438,577 times
Reputation: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
This from Gallup and the posts in this forum say it all.

Obama Retains Strength Among Highly Educated

PRINCETON, NJ -- Barack Obama has by far his greatest strength among voters with postgraduate education, while John McCain has his highest level of support among voters who have a college degree but no postgraduate education.

Go Harvard Law and go elite college education.
I have an advanced degree and I am black and I will probably not vote for any one of the candidates. Ron Paul was my candidate of choice. Although, I must admit that I do immensely enjoy engaging in a meaningful discourse with people who are highly educated .
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top