Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 03:44 AM

365 posts, read 525,414 times

Advertisements

McNut treats this election like a video game! He puts on his lil cap and off he goes each day to attack Obama. This is all we get from McNut. Not one detail speech covering any future plans to better this country. What is McCain's economy plan? Is he really as blind as he pretends concerning the gas problems, etc.? More importantly, does he even know that he is running for President? I wish I was joking, but I'm serious. Can someone tell me at least one good thing he plans to do to make this world a better place to live if he becomes the President??? I haven't heard anything from McNut that spells improvement - only attacks on Obama! Sadly to say, it will be like having 4 more years of Bush.

Reality check:
X 4 McNut 2 go C Dr. Phil
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 06:46 AM

1,867 posts, read 4,078,692 times
Oh gosh four more years of Bush policies is really truly a frightening thought. This country will NEVER find its way back from that. Did you hear the unemployment numbers this morning? Eeeeeeeeeeeeeek..

Old 08-01-2008, 07:48 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traffic_light View Post
McNut treats this election like a video game! He puts on his lil cap and off he goes each day to attack Obama. This is all we get from McNut. Not one detail speech covering any future plans to better this country. What is McCain's economy plan? Is he really as blind as he pretends concerning the gas problems, etc.? More importantly, does he even know that he is running for President? I wish I was joking, but I'm serious. Can someone tell me at least one good thing he plans to do to make this world a better place to live if he becomes the President??? I haven't heard anything from McNut that spells improvement - only attacks on Obama! Sadly to say, it will be like having 4 more years of Bush.

Reality check:
........ ask him....if you can pick him out.......

There's the Maverick, Straight Talk, & Today.
I Prefer the Maverick myself....

Old 08-01-2008, 07:59 AM

540 posts, read 962,776 times
Perhaps you should watch some of his speeches rather than relying on Keith Oberman for your news.

-Education: Increase funding to public schools, sideline the teachers unions that have crippled our schools by offering teachers better incentives, and allowing parents to choose private or charter schools when their public school fails their child.

-Energy: In addition to all of the alternatives that Obama has offered, McCain wants to deal with the near-term by going after speculators and increasing domestic oil production so that the speculators have less to speculate on. Additionally, he has a real plan for increasing the use of nucleur, which Obama merely pays lip service to.

-Healthcare: Increase competition across state lines. Provide assistance to those that don't qualify for medicaid but can't afford insurace. Increase the use of alternative insurance plans like HDHPs to enable people to take control of their own health.

Those are just a couple of issues that he has hit on in the last couple of weeks in speeches.

Old 08-01-2008, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
Oh gosh four more years of Bush policies is really truly a frightening thought. This country will NEVER find its way back from that. Did you hear the unemployment numbers this morning? Eeeeeeeeeeeeeek..

ITA. No I did not hear the unemployment numbers this morning, but I wouldn't be surprise.

Old 08-01-2008, 12:10 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trzlucky View Post
Perhaps you should watch some of his speeches rather than relying on Keith Oberman for your news.

-Education: Increase funding to public schools, sideline the teachers unions that have crippled our schools by offering teachers better incentives, and allowing parents to choose private or charter schools when their public school fails their child.

-Energy: In addition to all of the alternatives that Obama has offered, McCain wants to deal with the near-term by going after speculators and increasing domestic oil production so that the speculators have less to speculate on. Additionally, he has a real plan for increasing the use of nucleur, which Obama merely pays lip service to.

-Healthcare: Increase competition across state lines. Provide assistance to those that don't qualify for medicaid but can't afford insurace. Increase the use of alternative insurance plans like HDHPs to enable people to take control of their own health.

Those are just a couple of issues that he has hit on in the last couple of weeks in speeches.
It's refreshing that you can hear through all of his clutter to substantive issues. If he could clearly stipulate these ideas in his ads instead of a smear campaign the rest of us might hear him too. In the meantime smear campaigns don't just trash one person.....

Old 08-01-2008, 12:13 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,850,694 times
big deal, obama treats the election like american idol. your point?

Quote:

Reality check:

Old 08-01-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
big deal, obama treats the election like american idol. your point?

At least american idol is real life, but a video game??????????????????

REALITY CHECK!

Old 08-01-2008, 12:24 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,850,694 times
american idol is real life? who needs a reality check?

here is your reality check. you are attacking mccain for negativity, all the while calling him mcnut. irony?

Quote:
At least american idol is real life, but a video game??????????????????

REALITY CHECK!

Old 08-01-2008, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
american idol is real life? who needs a reality check?
Are you confused again? I wish I had a few days on hand to help you with your reality check, but sorry I just don't have that kind of time. Next!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections