U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 06:58 AM

1,137 posts, read 2,191,795 times

Advertisements

I'd like a list please. Beyond his energy policy which is pretty similar to Obama's how is John McCain going to be different from a Bush 3rd term?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 07:10 AM

12,642 posts, read 14,988,080 times
Bush doesn't vote on veteran Bills. McCain would have Veto Power.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:11 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,676,437 times
Stretch your mind and tell us how Barry's admin will be different. Sure he'll raise taxes to redistribute income, give us tire pressure gems and drain our strategic oil reserve for short term gain but what else will really be different? The dems took control of Congress and have done virtually nothing but go on vacation.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:14 AM

21,026 posts, read 21,285,915 times
He's older.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:16 AM

21,026 posts, read 21,285,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Stretch your mind and tell us how Barry's admin will be different. Sure he'll raise taxes to redistribute income, give us tire pressure gems and drain our strategic oil reserve for short term gain but what else will really be different? The dems took control of Congress and have done virtually nothing but go on vacation.

And Obama has WHAT to do with a question about bush and McCain?

Nothing to say about ANY difference between bush and McCain????? Didn't think so 'cause there is no difference.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:05 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,676,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
And Obama has WHAT to do with a question about bush and McCain?
If you can't think of anything other than Barry's higher taxes it's alright.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:09 AM

15,400 posts, read 27,728,766 times
LOL, whatever happened to that news story that Jaybone was crowing about. You know, the one about "It's Final! Americans are tired of talking about Obama!"

Here we have a thread about McCain. And a specific question about McCain. And all people want to do is talk about Obama! LOL!

Old 08-07-2008, 09:12 AM

15,400 posts, read 27,728,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Adam29 View Post
I'd like a list please. Beyond his energy policy which is pretty similar to Obama's how is John McCain going to be different from a Bush 3rd term?
Well, apparently Bush can ride a bicycle...

Old 08-07-2008, 09:13 AM

540 posts, read 927,085 times
I really don't have a problem with most of Bush's policies aside from some of his extreme religious right views - views that I don't think that McCain really shares. My problem with Bush is how he carried out his policies, his partisanship, the cronyism, and the inexperience - all things that I think Obama is far closer to than McCain is. Obama and Bush may have far different values and policies, but I believe that and Obama presidency would be run in much the same partisanal and ineffective manner in which the Bush administration was run. McCain, on the other hand, would run a much more effective administraion.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:14 AM

540 posts, read 927,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trzlucky View Post
I really don't have a problem with most of Bush's policies aside from some of his extreme religious right views - views that I don't think that McCain really shares. My problem with Bush is how he carried out his policies, his partisanship, the cronyism, and the inexperience - all things that I think Obama is far closer to than McCain is. Obama and Bush may have far different values and policies, but I believe that and Obama presidency would be run in much the same partisanal and ineffective manner in which the Bush administration was run. McCain, on the other hand, would run a much more effective administraion.

...Obama and Bush also share that great quality of not being able to admit when they are wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections