U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-14-2008, 12:27 AM
 
Location: USA
881 posts, read 1,510,477 times
Reputation: 311

Advertisements

How can Obama claim he will meet with dictators, tyrants, terrorists and yet he is AFRAID of reporters???

Sean Hannity has called Obama on any of his shows, anytime, 24/7, as long as Obama wants to be on.

O'Reilly got a promise from Obama in New Hampshire that Obama would come in the show after the Dem Primaries. Primaries have been over for a long time now. Obama promissed he'd interview with O'Reilly back in Jan 2008.


So HOW can a man who is afraid of tough questions from a news person say he has the balls to meet with dictators like Raul Castro and Hugo Chavez?? How can a man with such fears can meet with Hamas or Pakistan or Iran??

Anyone have any clue??

Maybe meeting with terrorists and dictators is more of a social thing for Obama and not so much a political and foreign affiars deal. Maybe Obama wants to meet with these guys for cookies and laughing and planning "The Great Satan's (America) decline.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-14-2008, 12:36 AM
 
646 posts, read 1,578,853 times
Reputation: 200
is this a joke. hannity, o'reilly reporters? hahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2008, 12:43 AM
 
17,877 posts, read 17,469,500 times
Reputation: 11257
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrocker27ka View Post
is this a joke. hannity, o'reilly reporters? hahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Okay. Point taken.

Now lets make it easier for you to reply to the question, if you're able

Why is he avoiding media types that may not get all dreamy eyed, giggly and swoony (sp?).

The types that may ask him tough questions

After all, he's been on Larry King, The View and Ellen.

Real tough venues there.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2008, 01:36 AM
 
2,766 posts, read 6,877,195 times
Reputation: 1479
I'm sure that sometime between now and November he'll appear on Oprah. That should be good enough, after all he'll get the tough questions on there and be in front of a real tough crowd.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2008, 01:45 AM
 
Location: 96820
795 posts, read 2,192,812 times
Reputation: 407
Exclamation clues are everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
How can Obama claim he will meet with dictators, tyrants, terrorists and yet he is AFRAID of reporters?????

Anyone have any clue??
Momma be a Marxists - daddy be a Marxists - Obama be a Marxists tooooo.

CFP: Is Barack Obama A Marxist Mole?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2008, 03:00 AM
 
646 posts, read 1,578,853 times
Reputation: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Okay. Point taken.

Now lets make it easier for you to reply to the question, if you're able

Why is he avoiding media types that may not get all dreamy eyed, giggly and swoony (sp?).

The types that may ask him tough questions

After all, he's been on Larry King, The View and Ellen.

Real tough venues there.

He has done plenty of good interviews with the New York Times, Face The Nation, Meet the Press, This Week. I know you are going to say "oooh the liberal media, they dont ask tough questions, lal la la" If you actually watch those interviews they always ask tough questions. They play devils advocate and pull out old quotes and see the contradictions, etc etc. The only reason conservatives whine and complain all the time is because they don't try to smear him as being a muslim, or a terrorist, or a black liberation radical whatever. But if you care to learn about his exact policy positions and get an idea of what he plans to do if becoming President you can find them all on youtube.

By the way, you do know McCain is not talking to the national media right. He only talks to small town, local press who really have no idea what a good question would be.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2008, 04:13 AM
 
34,990 posts, read 37,107,119 times
Reputation: 6174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
How can Obama claim he will meet with dictators, tyrants, terrorists and yet he is AFRAID of reporters???
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrocker27ka View Post
He has done plenty of good interviews with the New York Times, Face The Nation, Meet the Press, This Week. I know you are going to say "oooh the liberal media, they dont ask tough questions, lal la la" If you actually watch those interviews they always ask tough questions. They play devils advocate and pull out old quotes and see the contradictions, etc etc. The only reason conservatives whine and complain all the time is because they don't try to smear him as being a muslim, or a terrorist, or a black liberation radical whatever. But if you care to learn about his exact policy positions and get an idea of what he plans to do if becoming President you can find them all on youtube.
Excellent post! But of course they'll never look up those interviews or articles. They're not fun.

OP, besides meeting with real reporters now and then, Obama's also been on Fox News! He explained patiently and clearly to someone named Nate (?) why he was dumping Rev Wright. The taped piece was introduced by Hannity (who himself knows something about dumping inconvenient associates). It was a civil exchange with Nate.

OP, are you all inflamed from this, from 8/8/08? Hannity: “So let me understand this. (Obama’s) going to meet with Ahmadinejad, he’s gonna meet with Kim Jong Il, he’s gonna meet with Fidel Castro... He’ll meet with them, but he can’t come on FOX News? Little old Sean Hannity?"

If so, I agree with newshounds.us ("We watch Fox so you don't have to"): "Sorry, Sean. You may be a hot shot at FOX News but in the realm of international diplomacy, you’re nothing but small potatoes. And after all the racially-tinged smearing you've done, you can probably kiss good-bye any hope that Obama will ever sit down with you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
Maybe meeting with terrorists and dictators is more of a social thing for Obama and not so much a political and foreign affiars deal. Maybe Obama wants to meet with these guys for cookies and laughing and planning "The Great Satan's (America) decline.
Yes, that must be it! And hey, thanks for explaining who the Great Satan is!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:04 AM.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top