Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 07:52 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,422,428 times

Advertisements

OK, I'm kinda dumb so I want to make sure I got this right. Obama supporters good, McCain supporters bad. I guess now I know why liberals think their views on issues are much more nuanced and complicated than conservatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 08:10 PM

29,917 posts, read 39,569,723 times

Old 08-14-2008, 10:18 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,287,342 times
I don't know CIndy's situation, but I hope she will be fine. Frankly I don't think any of these things matter as much as policy, which is something Obama has centered on better than his competitors. He compares policy, and rarely jumps on something unrelated to policy. This way we really see the differences in the candidates without the mask of unimportant information like lies and smear. I wish both candidates good health, and I think they both truly want the best for america. I simply think Obama better fits my idea of what is best.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:43 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,946,029 times
Each campaign has its fanatics. I wish Cindy McCain well in her recovery. The media and people pay too much attention to the nit-picky things and focus on the real issues.

2Adam29, a great comment with a degree of truth to it. Keep up the good work.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:32 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,609,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
OK, I'm kinda dumb so I want to make sure I got this right. Obama supporters good, McCain supporters bad. I guess now I know why liberals think their views on issues are much more nuanced and complicated than conservatives.
Ditto....

Old 08-15-2008, 05:46 AM

6,760 posts, read 11,660,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Like Obama, it is refreshing to see his supporters taking the higher road.

I think it will make a difference come election time.

Generally people are tired of the same old mud slinging politics.
So the high road for dems includes a blogsite (Daily Kos, that hosted a debate no less) accusing Cindy of faking injury to get painkillers? So thats what the high road looks like for Dems. Now I know.

Old 08-15-2008, 07:58 AM

10,654 posts, read 18,713,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
The poster was making direct reference to a thread posted here when Obama was injured (that I linked earlier in the thread), if you bothered reading it all the way through, you would get it.

Old 08-15-2008, 09:56 AM

37,839 posts, read 41,193,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I was just watching the news and saw Cindy McCain with her hand and arm all bandaged up and I could not help but think back to the time, not long ago, when Senator Obama had an xray for a slight injury. At that time, McCain supporters were all over the internet mocking Obama's injury and making all sort of wild speculations about the injury and how that injury somehow made Obama unfit to be president..
The only "presidential candidate" I ever mocked for an injury was Stephen Colbert who hurt himself skipping around his desk.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:02 AM
LML LML started this thread

7,100 posts, read 9,136,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The only "presidential candidate" I ever mocked for an injury was Stephen Colbert who hurt himself skipping around his desk.

LOL. And who can blame you?

Old 08-18-2008, 06:45 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,515,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
Wow. You are really, really reaching on this one. You Obamatron's and libs in general really do believe you are the most "evolved and caring" don't you. Just like Dr. Dean when he declared that dems were the only ones that cared if little chid-rens go to bed hungry. Pardon me for tee-heeing. Sounds like how the unpoplular kids in high school get together to buck each other up by saying how "evil" the popular kids are.

Also, if you want to see a load of hateful crap, look at old posts on demunderground or the dailykos when Tony Snow died. Awwwwwwe...you libs are indeed so evolved and caring. What a load.
Thank you! Now let them go get another glass of koolaide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections