Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 01:50 PM

20,349 posts, read 19,947,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
what's obama's weakest demographic?
Racist white guys. It's a fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 01:53 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,810,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
And I love how the pundits be like...."he's gotta get out there and introduce himself to these people, people don't know who this guy is. He's gotta get out there and assure these guys that he's one of them".......[one of them]

Old 08-14-2008, 01:54 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,343,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLL98 View Post
White guys. And I have no clue how to bridge the gap, I think the best way is to point out the deficiencies in McCain's plans and his closeness to George Bush ( at least for the past 7 years or so). But I don't think that anything he does will sway the majority of them, if Obama is going to be successful, he needs a large turnout from his key demographics and maybe swing a few white guys who are on the fence.

I am S. Florida also . Doral to be exact .

GOP has allways been White male as a whole but with Obama lots white females seem to have left.

I think he needs lots of Independents BOTH do as of now their base wont carry them and I find that GREAT .

Both bases are lemmings . Will vote for a glass of water as long as has Rep/Dem tittle.

Old 08-14-2008, 01:55 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,909,608 times
That'sike saying he will do best with racist blcak guys;loking at the primary votes. Certainly he got a huge per centage of black votes while wheites pretty well split. I think tho that he will suffer most with the same problem kerry had;defense.

Old 08-14-2008, 01:56 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times
Considering whites make up about 70% of the electorate - he could be in trouble. Not because of race, but because of his association with race-baiters like Farakhan, Wright, Pfleger, and his association with terrorists Ayers and Dorne, and his associations with Rezko, and that other Hamas/terrorist sympathizer whose name escapes me.

That's his problem with whites.

Put Colin Powell up there, a true patriot who has a wonderful history of service and love for his country - you get a different result.

Old 08-14-2008, 01:56 PM

532 posts, read 859,584 times
Thumbs down Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
what demographic will obama do worst in come election. I am guessing white males. he reached out to the female vote, he reached out to the black vote, and he reached out to the latino vote. he really didn't seem to care too much about white men, and I am thinking that he feels white men will vote for him out of guilt or something. not sure what his motivation was for ignoring one of the larger demographics. the only people I know who are voting for him, outside this forum, are females, but we know that females usually always vote for the democrat candidate.
White males. White, educated women. Many Hispanics. All conservatives. Anyone who resents the fact that the Obamas strive to be second rate Kennedy clones.

Old 08-14-2008, 01:57 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,343,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post

Why is a White male racist if they don't like Obama could it be they don't find him experienced, dont agree with his positions on certain things ?

A few here disdain Obama but they don't dislike the race no they dislike the individual man and his history of associates has nothing to do with race .

Old 08-14-2008, 01:58 PM

2,290 posts, read 5,547,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
Thats absurd same can than be said for Obama supporters just change race .

I think its the Harriet Christians of the Dem party who are White college educated women who are not solid in Obama camp .
In the most recent Tennessee congressional race between a Black Democrat and a White Democrat, the latter candidate won with nearly 80% of the Memphis (primarily Black) vote. Black people can and DO vote against other Black candidates--routinely.

And if you think that Harriet Christian is an example of an educated person, then we know which camp you fall into.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:01 PM

2,290 posts, read 5,547,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Considering whites make up about 70% of the electorate - he could be in trouble. Not because of race, but because of his association with race-baiters like Farakhan, Wright, Pfleger, and his association with terrorists Ayers and Dorne, and his associations with Rezko, and that other Hamas/terrorist sympathizer whose name escapes me.

That's his problem with whites.

Put Colin Powell up there, a true patriot who has a wonderful history of service and love for his country - you get a different result.
Some people must believe the worst about a Black person.

Meanwhile, in the modern world, Colin Powell will be endorsing Barack Obama.

So much for that list of associations.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:06 PM

1,044 posts, read 1,954,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
I am S. Florida also . Doral to be exact .

GOP has allways been White male as a whole but with Obama lots white females seem to have left.

I think he needs lots of Independents BOTH do as of now their base wont carry them and I find that GREAT .

Both bases are lemmings . Will vote for a glass of water as long as has Rep/Dem tittle.
I am in lovely Broward county. Most people that I know were pro-Hilary but will semi reluctantly vote Obama now. There are others that I know who will not vote Obama because "The country is not ready for a black President". This exact sentence by more than a few people, mostly white men and a few Cubans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections