Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 06:39 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,784,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Loud and wrong, as always. I can come up with far more reasons why I support killing TEH POOR BAYYYYYYYBIEZ. I don't need the government. That was just the quickest answer to counter the whining.
Yeah, but you didn't. So basically you agree it was a lame excuse. It was just the quickest way to try and justify your monstrous attitude toward a wittle, bitty baby.

Is there anything more amoral than a left-wing kook who cares more for a frog than a baby in the womb?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 06:44 PM

194 posts, read 298,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah, but you didn't. So basically you agree it was a lame excuse. It was just the quickest way to try and justify your monstrous attitude toward a wittle, bitty baby.
I guess so.

Quote:
Is there anything more amoral than a left-wing kook who cares more for a frog than a baby in the womb?
An amoral right-wing kook who's too cowardly to admit she's a raging bigot? Just throwing things out there.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:48 PM

Whatever works - that's my motto.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:50 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,579,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BButrell View Post
I guess so.

An amoral right-wing kook who's too cowardly to admit she's a raging bigot? Just throwing things out there.
How can one say bigot without mention of KKK Byrd or Dumbo's racist affiliations?

Old 08-15-2008, 06:51 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,481,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
So what is it about the developing baby that makes it okay to murder it at 12 weeks, but not at 13. It already has a heart, brain, human shape, etc. Where is this logic?
If you're not pregnant, that's not for you to decide.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:55 PM

194 posts, read 298,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Whatever works - that's my motto.
At least you admit it...finally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
If you're not pregnant, that's not for you to decide.
And if you are, keep to YOUR womb and leave mine alone.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:58 PM

Quote:
How can one say bigot without mention of KKK Byrd or Dumbo's racist affiliations?
TOOOOO true! The only racists/bigots seen in this election cycle has been the democrats.

Old 08-15-2008, 07:41 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,591,540 times
I believe that very early on in this thread it was explained that several people voted against this particular bill that day because it was unconstitutional and stood no legislative chance.

In fact, Obama believes states should decide on the issue of late-term abortion for themselves.

"On an issue like partial birth abortion, I strongly believe that the state can properly restrict late-term abortions. I have said so repeatedly. All I've said is we should have a provision to protect the health of the mother, and many of the bills that came before me didn't have that."

Barack Obama on Abortion

Old 08-15-2008, 07:46 PM

The federal language protecting Roe was in the bill. He still voted against the bill - three times.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:32 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,069,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
Overturning Roe is a good start, but I agree that our American culture has turned into "a culture of death" as John Paul the Great called it. The government has a duty to protect its people, and Roe does not protect the unborn people.

Debate all you want about the definition of a fetus vs. a baby but you can't deny that both are human. Having legalized abortion on demand only perpetuates the culture of death, and Obama's vote in favor to make killing outside the womb is outrageous!!
Well at least you made an attempt to answer ....no one else even came close.
Overturning Roe will only be a hardship on poor women...rich ones ALWAYS will have a safe place to go. And abortion won't stop, it will just become a punishment for poor women. It has been around since women could get pregnant and it won't go away.

Please start a movement to give all males' a vasectomy at birth....and maybe you'll be abortion free.

You can argue forever, and doesn't it seem like we have, but it won't go away, it won't end....got a problem with it...find out who created this earth and ask she/he/it/them what the he!l they were thinking......

What is this "culture of death" you describe? I have never heard of it unless you mean our propensity to go to war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections