Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 02:55 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,985,201 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if that's been on anyone else's mind. Given the questionable results of the last two national elections, lack of paper trails, electronic voting booth companies all owned by strong republican supporters... thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 02:59 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,211,220 times
Not at all. Even if there is fraud, it won't be investigated. It won't affect the outcome, and the two major candidates are as much alike in terms of policy as they can be. The winner of this election doesn't matter. The outcome will be the same.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:59 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,919,970 times
I assume there will be voter fraud.....and I assume that fraud will be in favor of Obama, The One. Look at Obama's sketchy connections and some of his sketchy supporters. Won't be one bit shocked to see the Obama camp and his supporters commit voter fraud.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:04 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,460,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
I assume there will be voter fraud.....and I assume that fraud will be in favor of Obama, The One. Look at Obama's sketchy connections and some of his sketchy supporters. Won't be one bit shocked to see the Obama camp and his supporters commit voter fraud.

Actually if there is voter fraud it will follow the pattern of the last two elections...that of Kathleen Harris in Florida 2000 and Ken Blackwell in Ohio 2004.

Republicans can't win on the issues, this forces them into developing a campaign based on smears and fraud.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:05 PM

Default not quite

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Not at all. Even if there is fraud, it won't be investigated. It won't affect the outcome, and the two major candidates are as much alike in terms of policy as they can be. The winner of this election doesn't matter. The outcome will be the same.
OH so Obama and McCain's policies regarding the war in Iraq are the same, huh? I don't think I ever heard Obama saying he might stay there for 100 years.
There are a LOT of differences between the two candidates. McCain is just another Bush.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
OH so Obama and McCain's policies regarding the war in Iraq are the same, huh? I don't think I ever heard Obama saying he might stay there for 100 years.
There are a LOT of differences between the two candidates. McCain is just another Bush.
They both agree that our intervention in foreign countries is necessary. Where's the difference? In the details. See Russia/Georgia. See Pakistan. See Iran. See a whole host of others. Obama will move troops from Iraq into Afghanistan.

That's why voter fraud doesn't really matter. We get the same "leaders" regardless of which of these clowns makes it to the White House. It's all about giving people the illusion of a choice.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:09 PM

Default ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Do you have any basis for that assumption? Have paid attention to the last two election cycles, surely the Republicans are the ones to be worried about in terms of voter fraud. There sure are a lot of signs pointing toward "Bush stole two elections." Of course that's water under the bridge, what's done is done.
I just wonder i there has been any mandating of paper trails, etc? GOD i hope so.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
I just wonder i there has been any mandating of paper trails, etc? GOD i hope so.
Each state is responsible for handling the elections as they see fit. There are 50 different states and methods for voting. Voter fraud doesn't just stop with the machines. It goes all the way through the chain of custody for paper ballots until everything is counted and certified. Depending on who is doing the counting, the results can change (as they did in a few state primaries) well after the election results have been announced.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:10 PM

31,702 posts, read 41,183,806 times
Quote:
Just wondering if that's been on anyone else's mind. Given the questionable results of the last two national elections, lack of paper trails, electronic voting booth companies all owned by strong republican supporters... thoughts?
Very much concerned considering the efforts to increase voter registration amongst groups that will support Obama. Will we go back to the days of voter harassment?

Old 08-14-2008, 04:16 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,626,492 times
In NY they found that dead people have voted in the 2004 elections when they passed away many years before that.

Photo IDs should be required in every election and a federal min. 10 years prison term should be put in each ballot if you are caught voting more then once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections