Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 03:23 PM

26,332 posts, read 49,329,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
well, they should vote if they want, but they shouldn't make claims that they are "conservative." they aren't conservative, they are jesus freaks. we are able to cast a vote for the candidate of our choice, but the religious weirdos have infested politics and warped the meaning of conservatism.
Nowhere is this more evident than in the area of sex education, birth control, family planning and abortion issues. What few people seem to be aware of is that the wife of Senator Barry Goldwater, aka the father of the modern conservative movement, worked at Planned Parenthood. Senator Goldwater was PROUD of his wife for working there.

REAL conservatives pay their own way for themselves and for their families; and there is NOTHING conservative about bringing children into this world if you cannot support or care for them.

As we used to say in every Army office I ever worked at: Proper PRIOR PLANNING Prevents P-ss Poor Performance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 03:33 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,272,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseFullaBoys View Post
He definitely should have waited till he got into the White House, like Bill Clinton before he got some action...oh yeah Billy Boy was getting it before, during and I'm sure after. Libs can't even pretend to be self righteous or act like they care at all about adultery. Puh-Leaze! And do I put cheating on your spouse at the same level as throwing a living, breathing baby into the soiled materials closet at a hospital and leaving him there to die...OF COURSE NOT. Lets be real, okay I know you won't admit it, but any human with a brain AND a conscience can clearly see (and feel) where the true evil is and that is with Barry Obama.
Could you lay out the evil that you see in Barry Obama? Also, I think I sent you links about Obama and SR 1082. Shucks, dont you read my posts?

Old 08-15-2008, 06:10 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,076,631 times
Political Punch

Careful Obama.

Quote:
McCain spokesman Brian Rogers has responded to Caldwell's criticism by saying, "These people are Obama campaign surrogates. These kinds of personal attacks are disgraceful. This absolutely exposes the hypocrisy of Obama's claim to represent a 'new kind of politics.'"

A Republican strategist, speaking on the condition of anonymity, reacted to the Caldwell comments by telling ABC News, "My advice to the Obama people: 'Proceed with extreme caution.' They don't want to get into a discussion of character and background. They are opening a door that they will not be able to close. They are putting on the table issues and personalities that they do not want to discuss."

Asked which personalities? The GOP strategist cited the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Tony Rezko and former Obama law partners.
The Obama campaign had no immediate reaction to Caldwell's comments or the McCain campaign response.
You mean the Mccain campaign is not planning to use these characters anyway?

Notice, they don't mention Ayers?

Old 08-15-2008, 06:20 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,649,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Political Punch

Careful Obama.

Hmm...it would be interesting. Three folks for the Senator to explain, a couple already addressed extensively this year...but then that also opens another Pandora's box, and 20 years is a heck of a lot of garbage to spew. Thank goodness we have a candidate who wants to focus on the issues - the other, not so much.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Thank goodness we have a candidate who wants to focus on the issues - the other, not so much.
Do you have a comprehension problem? The Mac camp was warning the obama camp not to go with the personal attacks regarding his first marriage. The left-wing kooks SO want this to be an issue.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Political Punch

Careful Obama.

"It is a case study in how effective advertising can work when it is done relentlessly and consistently…even if its untrue. Hannity employed the same strategy conflating a passing acquaintance between Obama and former unconvicted Weather Underground activist William Ayers with 'an association' with Obama...for months. He talked it up every day. He finally goaded ABC's George Stephanopoulos to ask Obama about it in a televised debate. It didn't matter that Obama has nothing that could be construed by a thinking person as 'an association' with Ayers. He raised the question just by repeating it daily."

The New Normal: McCain's Desperate Ad Hours - BusinessWeek

Old 08-15-2008, 06:39 PM

He sat on the board of the Woods foundation with Ayers for six years. The relationship is a long one as well. Would you sit on the board with someone that was an unrepentent terrorist?

Kinda of like the same question about Wright - would you sit in the pew for 20 years listening to that garbage?

Old 08-15-2008, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Per ABC, Kirbyjon Caldwell, who is a close friend of the Bush family and officiated at Jenna Bush's wedding earlier this year, used a conference call organized by a new left-leaning Christian group to go there:
"His marital history has been duly recorded," said Caldwell, referring to McCain, "and as recently as yesterday I think it is, our pastor from Saddleback, Rick Warren indicated that he would not feel comfortable voting for an adulterer.
Asked by ABC's Tapper if he would have compunctions about voting for someone who had cheated on his wife, Warren said Thursday, "Absolutely I would. Absolutely I would. Because if you can’t keep your faith to your most sacred vow — 'til death do us part' — how in the world can I trust you to lead my family? My government? My nation?
Completely agree. There's no statute of limitations on being offended by committing adultery and abandoning your kids. Just because it happened "a long time ago" doesnt matter. It's in his character.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:49 PM

Yes then. Let's hope the two camps include these examples in their messages. That will be fun.

Ayers Will be an upcoming ad - stomping on the flag. Picture it in your mind's eye.

Obama in his rebuttal called Ayers and Dorn part of the upstanding establishment. This was a huge mistake on his part.

Old 08-15-2008, 07:08 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,649,029 times
Quote:
Do you have a comprehension problem? The Mac camp was warning the obama camp not to go with the personal attacks regarding his first marriage. The left-wing kooks SO want this to be an issue.
No. I'm certain I don't have a comprehension problem. Your candidate has over 20 years in politics, more than any candidate in recent years running for President of the United States of America and it is certainly a blessing for your party that the Democrat's have a candidate who does not participate in dirty campaigning.

This issue appears to cause many of Senator McCain's supporters anxiety, does the candidate posses the finesse of Senator Obama to deal with personal issues on the public stage and press arena? This subject can't be deferred to Senator Obama. He wasn't there. It was Senator McCain's ordeal.

Interesting. Now that I think about it, why should Senator Obama care if the press makes an issue of this? He had nothing to do with it. The press is Senator McCain's base, are they getting a little out of control?

It looks like the religious folks are making this an issue, and the religious folks sure had their way with Senator Obama, so I'm certain Senator McCain will have his opportunity to shine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections