Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 02:41 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,772,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Per ABC, Kirbyjon Caldwell, who is a close friend of the Bush family and officiated at Jenna Bush's wedding earlier this year, used a conference call organized by a new left-leaning Christian group to go there:
"His marital history has been duly recorded," said Caldwell, referring to McCain, "and as recently as yesterday I think it is, our pastor from Saddleback, Rick Warren indicated that he would not feel comfortable voting for an adulterer.
Asked by ABC's Tapper if he would have compunctions about voting for someone who had cheated on his wife, Warren said Thursday, "Absolutely I would. Absolutely I would. Because if you can’t keep your faith to your most sacred vow — 'til death do us part' — how in the world can I trust you to lead my family? My government? My nation?
Jonathan Martin's Blog: Political News about Republicans and the 2008 Election - Politico.com

To all those evangelical christians who say they won't vote for Obama because of his views on abortion.... are you going to vote for an adulterer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 02:45 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,896,346 times
evangelical christians shouldn't vote at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Jonathan Martin's Blog: Political News about Republicans and the 2008 Election - Politico.com

To all those evangelical christians who say they won't vote for Obama because of his views on abortion.... are you going to vote for an adulterer?

Old 08-15-2008, 02:46 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,497,544 times
Why shouldn't they?

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post

Old 08-15-2008, 02:52 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,919,970 times
Who cares.....Obama was with another man in a limo while doing blow.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:56 PM

31,702 posts, read 41,183,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Who cares.....Obama was with another man in a limo while doing blow.
Well since Rick Warren is hosting a forum with both of them on CNN tomorrow night the timing of this is most interesting.
Pastor hosts 'civil' presidential forum - CNN.com

Old 08-15-2008, 03:03 PM

280 posts, read 688,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post

He definitely should have waited till he got into the White House, like Bill Clinton before he got some action...oh yeah Billy Boy was getting it before, during and I'm sure after. Libs can't even pretend to be self righteous or act like they care at all about adultery. Puh-Leaze! And do I put cheating on your spouse at the same level as throwing a living, breathing baby into the soiled materials closet at a hospital and leaving him there to die...OF COURSE NOT. Lets be real, okay I know you won't admit it, but any human with a brain AND a conscience can clearly see (and feel) where the true evil is and that is with Barry Obama.

Old 08-15-2008, 03:06 PM

26,338 posts, read 49,345,742 times
Abortion foes have a dilemma this time around. Obama is for the right to choose and McCain always WAS. Last week, McCain did a total flip flop on his long standing stance in favor of 'choice' and said we "MUST" overturn Roe v Wade.

The only "must" situation is for John McCain to promise enough stuff to enough people to gain a majority. Then, like Bush, he'll do whatever he feels like and ignore the nimrods who believed his campaign promises. Bush did SQUAT for the mouth-foaming fundies, and if elected John McCain won't even make an effort to try and put on a good front.

Pop Quiz for anti-abortion people. I've dumbed it down for you into a multiple choice question.

Q: Who should the single issue politics (anti-abortion) crowd vote for?

a. A candidate who maintains his long-standing position that each woman will know what's best to do for herself.

b. A candidate who tells you what you want to hear, with no assurance that he alone can overturn a long-standing SCOTUS decision.

c. Vote for whichever candidate offers a platform that contains the largest set of topics that appeals to your needs in a leader.

d. Realize that none of us have any right to control the health decisions of others, stop politicizing the abortion issue, and let each woman/couple deal with this issue as she and her partner feel is best for them.

If the anti-abortion crowd grows up, they'll choose D, but until they do, they will try and shove THEIR beliefs down everyone's throat.

Meanwhile, Obama stands for CHOICE, always has, always will, and it is that consistency of leadership that will get my vote.

Old 08-15-2008, 03:11 PM

26,338 posts, read 49,345,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I'm with you on that sentiment. Religion has NO place in government, or politics.

Old 08-15-2008, 03:15 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,896,346 times
well, they should vote if they want, but they shouldn't make claims that they are "conservative." they aren't conservative, they are jesus freaks. we are able to cast a vote for the candidate of our choice, but the religious weirdos have infested politics and warped the meaning of conservatism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
Why shouldn't they?

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Old 08-15-2008, 03:22 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,772,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseFullaBoys View Post
He definitely should have waited till he got into the White House, like Bill Clinton before he got some action...oh yeah Billy Boy was getting it before, during and I'm sure after. Libs can't even pretend to be self righteous or act like they care at all about adultery. Puh-Leaze! And do I put cheating on your spouse at the same level as throwing a living, breathing baby into the soiled materials closet at a hospital and leaving him there to die...OF COURSE NOT. Lets be real, okay I know you won't admit it, but any human with a brain AND a conscience can clearly see (and feel) where the true evil is and that is with Barry Obama.
I didn't put it on the same level, the bible put murder and adultery on the same level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections