Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 08:51 PM

31,686 posts, read 41,080,669 times

Advertisements

I would not try to blame McCain for the sins of his father in law without a direct connection to him. Remember the Kennedy family had ties to the mob but that didn't mean JFK or RFK did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 09:01 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,499,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
You don't have to quote that idiot Corsi to get the real facts. Just go online and read the Phoenix New Times or any number of Arizona papers where there are numerous articles and some first rate jounalism about Jim Hensley (Cindy's dad), his mob connections, his time in prison, the murder of reporter Don Bolles who was investigating the Arizona mob...including Hensley, etc. etc. etc. Just go online and do some research.
So now he is credible.......unbelievable.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:16 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,119,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
So now he is credible.......unbelievable.
What part of Corsi is an idiot did you not get? He is not credible, never has been credible, never will be credible. I was simply pointing out that there was much good journalism done on this issue that was much more credible than Corsi could ever be. I happen to have an interest in this issue because of Don Bolles so I HAVE done reading and research over the years. But I do agree that it isn't fair to hold McCain responsible for what was done by his father in law. Just as it isn't fair to hold Obama responsible for what his father and/or step father may have done when Obama was just a little boy.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:46 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,194,965 times
The information about Cindy's father is at wikipedia. He and his brother were "prosecuted by the federal government and convicted of falsifying liquor records to conceal illegal distribution of whiskey against post-war rationing regulations" in 1948. In 1953 they were charged again with the same thing, but this time they got off with William Rehnquist defending them. Then something murky about bookies and a racetrack.

See wikipedia, also THE 2000 CAMPAIGN: THE ARIZONA TIES; A Beer Baron and a Powerful Publisher Put McCain on a Political Path - New York Times

Also this elaborate history from 2000: Haunted by Spirits - News - Phoenix New Timespage 1 - Phoenix New Times

Interestingly, I see that Cindy's dad was injured in the service; married a woman who had a child from a previous marriage; had a daughter with her who is never mentioned by Cindy, John, or the press, and who is a Democrat living in Phoenix;* divorced that wife to marry a second woman, and had Cindy with her.

!!!! That sounds familiar.

*- "'The fact that we don't exist,' [Kathleen Portalski's son] says. 'The fact that we've never been recognized, and then Cindy has to put such a fine point on it by saying something that's not true. Recently, again and again. It's just very, very hurtful.'
"NPR asked the McCain campaign — specifically, Cindy McCain — to comment or respond. Neither replied."

Old 08-19-2008, 06:46 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,617,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
What part of Corsi is an idiot did you not get? He is not credible, never has been credible, never will be credible. I was simply pointing out that there was much good journalism done on this issue that was much more credible than Corsi could ever be. I happen to have an interest in this issue because of Don Bolles so I HAVE done reading and research over the years. But I do agree that it isn't fair to hold McCain responsible for what was done by his father in law. Just as it isn't fair to hold Obama responsible for what his father and/or step father may have done when Obama was just a little boy.
Sounds like you've taken a fair approach.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:55 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,031,877 times
Our government is a form of organized crime. They take a lot of money from tax payers and give it to non tax payers. So if this is true just another example that McCain has more experiance for the job. Obama needs to go back to Chicago and get some more training. Hanging out with Rezco was a good start.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:59 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,617,275 times
Thumbs up Lol...funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
Our government is a form of organized crime. They take a lot of money from tax payers and give it to non tax payers. So if this is true just another example that McCain has more experiance for the job. Obama needs to go back to Chicago and get some more training. Hanging out with Rezco was a good start.
Lol...funny.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:39 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,499,977 times
Ahhh so there is no trash pile to deep to dig through.

Bringing crap like this up does allow McCain to attack of of the people you claim had no impact on Obama's life....You know the organized crime Obama himself was around....not the mans grandfather..

You also make fair game for looking at Obama's character which he wouldn't really want to share that part....looking at his friends would make it apparently clear what kinda charecter he has.

So dig up all you want.....I think the phrase "those in galss houses shouldn't throw stones" applies well.

Heck write Obama and have him bring all that up at the debates
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections