Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 12:55 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,494,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
I feel the real Obama showed up and we saw what he was made of.
Lots of us like what he is made of, and will vote for him for exactly that reason. He's thoughtful, humble, and deeply intelligent. All the qualities I look for in a candidate, Obama displayed at Saddleback. I only wish he displayed them more consistently on the campaign trail.

What's really disgusting and disturbing is that two basically non-religious candidates, running for the presidency of a constitutionally secular country, had to go and kiss the feet of some snake-handling charlatan, and pretend to be people they are not, in order to prostitute themselves for votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 01:33 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,185,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrocker27ka View Post
What a lame excuse. There is no chance in hell McCain will win. You just can't get over that can you?

I'm waiting for a 2008 electoral map showing McCain with more votes?????

Where did you go Sunshine? Did you run away? Hahaha.
Any map now means nothing. You are old enough to understand when election day is and how that whole thing works, right? I am not backing either candidate as of yet, so I have nothing to get over right now.

Old 08-19-2008, 01:37 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,185,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Lots of us like what he is made of, and will vote for him for exactly that reason. He's thoughtful, humble, and deeply intelligent. All the qualities I look for in a candidate, Obama displayed at Saddleback. I only wish he displayed them more consistently on the campaign trail.

What's really disgusting and disturbing is that two basically non-religious candidates, running for the presidency of a constitutionally secular country, had to go and kiss the feet of some snake-handling charlatan, and pretend to be people they are not, in order to prostitute themselves for votes.
Saying that the two candidates are basically non-religious is insulting them both. They both say they are Christians and I have no reason not to believe that. Sorry if that doesn't fit your ideal for Obama. Also, why would you call Rick Warren a snake handling charlatan. Do you know how much good he does in the world? He has given away most of his wealth to charities and good causes. Can you say that about yourself?

Old 08-19-2008, 07:05 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,618,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Saying that the two candidates are basically non-religious is insulting them both. They both say they are Christians and I have no reason not to believe that. Sorry if that doesn't fit your ideal for Obama. Also, why would you call Rick Warren a snake handling charlatan. Do you know how much good he does in the world? He has given away most of his wealth to charities and good causes. Can you say that about yourself?
I believe he gives away 95% of the profit from his books.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:39 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,333,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Warren Interviews:

Why cant the liberal accept he got his butt handed to him and forget it?

If it was McCain who was beaten this badly I would wonder about him.

They seem to be making one excuse after another for him. Why?

I feel the real Obama showed up and we saw what he was made of.

So why can't they accept a defeat?
They can not accept that Obama got his arse handed to him, because they think he is God.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:51 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,215,735 times
they can never admit they are defeated
after all the votes are counter and Obama is crying after he lost, the spining will spin
about how it was fixed.
Whaaaaaaaaaaa wha whaaaaaaaaaaaaa
it is Obama's theme song
he is such a whimp!

Old 08-19-2008, 09:00 AM

932 posts, read 1,678,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
They can not accept that Obama got his arse handed to him, because they think he is God.
The only person that refers to him as God is you, so logical thinking leads me to believe that you sir think he is God...

Old 08-19-2008, 09:06 AM

857 posts, read 2,004,194 times
like your favorite war, I was unaware it was possible to win or lose a forum.
and really - i don't think any of us liberals have any problem acknowledging that yes, the pro-life, anti-gay McCain got a better response from an evangelical audience in a 'forum' where he just told war stories instead of answering questions.

No surprises here...

Old 08-19-2008, 09:16 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,663,957 times
I wasn't watching to see who would win or lose, I wanted to hear more information from the candidates. IMO, McCain told a lot of stories and made people laugh but there was no substance to what he said. Obama stuttered and fumbled a bit but he gave more detailed information on his positions and struck me as more humble and Christian than McCain did.

McCain also lied about a couple of things like the bear DNA earmark which he actually voted for.

Quote:
[SIZE=3] Despite the fun McCain had ridiculing the bear project on the Senate floor, he didn’t actually try to remove it from the bill. He did introduce several amendments, including three to reduce funding for projects he considered wasteful or harmful, but none removing the grizzly bear project appropriations. And despite his criticisms, he voted in favor of the final bill.[/SIZE]
FactCheck.org: "Outrageous" Exaggerations

Old 08-19-2008, 09:26 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,346,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
they can never admit they are defeated
after all the votes are counter and Obama is crying after he lost, the spining will spin
about how it was fixed.
Whaaaaaaaaaaa wha whaaaaaaaaaaaaa
it is Obama's theme song
he is such a whimp!

Unless Obama who I support get's a second wind as far as his campaign goes and beat's Mccain in next debate.
It's over for him.
It seem's like he has run out of steam . I suspect after convention he will come back .

He seem's to have lost drive,etc. He isn't the same person of 2 month's ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections