Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Agree With Matt Chandler with the Obama campaign saying the flag is NOT upside down.
Yes, it is not an upside down American flag. 6 28.57%
No. I do not agree with Obama's campaign staff. The American flag is upside down. 15 71.43%
Not Sure. 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 10:42 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,035,717 times

Advertisements

It's all to do with appearances for the obama campaign, regardless if they denigrate American symbols. The presidential seal, now the flag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 10:47 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,338,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

It's all to do with appearances for the obama campaign, regardless if they denigrate American symbols. The presidential seal, now the flag.
Can you please post the other side of the ID.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:31 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,035,717 times
Gladly;

Old 08-19-2008, 11:51 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,622,497 times
We need to deport his traitor butt. He is not for America for would not allow this crap to go on.

I saw this myself last night and felt he should have it changed and apologize to the American people.

Come on, he ok'd this wrongful and anti American crap and he should have it changed or move out of our country.

Then the gutless coward runs around whining about McCain is saying he is not an American patriot.

Well Barry, you are not, you are not a real American, you are a traitor and you should be deported for your traitor anti American ideals and ways.

It should be ashamed of himself and his supporters should demand it be changed.

Ohh yea, CHANGE.... He will change America to the worst forever and turn us into a third world country.

He hates America and we all know it. He doesn't deserve to even be using my flag in any of his anti American line of crap.

What will he change next, our name.

You people had better wake up. This man is up to no good.

So Obama broke the laws and no one is doing anything about it. Arrest and deport the moron.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:52 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,622,497 times
If people cannot see this flag being used in a negative way and upside down then you are not smart enough to vote.

Old 08-19-2008, 12:47 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,745,563 times
Default Sideways vs. ACTUAL VIOLATIONS

This is a distressed U.S. flag:

The badge is not.

How about some real disrespect of our nation's flag?

http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/images/mccainflag.jpg

Quote:
January 2008, John McCain autographed a flag for a supporter at a January rally in Keene, N.H. In 2003, President Bush autographed a small flag (see next), which created a stir online. Flag Code: "The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature."
President Bush signing a flag

Quote:
In July 2003 President Bush autographed a small flag. This picture was circulated across the Internet noting its violation of the Flag Code: "The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature."
http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/images/bush911.jpg

Quote:
September 11, 2006, President Bush and first lady Laura Bush stand on a carpet of the American flag at Ground Zero in Manhattan, the site of the September 11, 2001 attack. Section 8b of the Flag Code reads, " The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground..."

Flag Rules and Regulations

Last edited by rayneinspain; 08-19-2008 at 01:08 PM..

Old 08-19-2008, 12:58 PM

756 posts, read 1,885,879 times
Default Choices, choices...... so many choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
I agree with your last sentence totally. The wild ride has to do with the world's current situation. Hopefully, our president will not add to it.

The world, itself has an extremely tough future. We do not have the proper choices for president (AGAIN).
Good post! I disagree with McCain dramatically more than Obama, and I find Obama personally likeable. But I would have felt much more comfortable if this was a Romney vs. Richardson race. I can stomach either one of them despite any disagreements I have. I think a minimal of 40% of Americans are going to go immediately puke no matter who wins this election. Divided we fall? Afraid so.

Old 08-19-2008, 01:13 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,594,368 times
In response to SC:

We need to deport his traitor butt. He is not for America for would not allow this crap to go on.

What crap?

Come on, he ok'd this wrongful and anti American crap and he should have it changed or move out of our country.

Did he? Did he really ok this design? Please post a link, a FULL unedited article, a FULL unedited soundbyte, ANYTHING that proves he approved this design. If you can provide that, I stand corrected.

Well Barry, you are not, you are not a real American, you are a traitor and you should be deported for your traitor anti American ideals and ways.

What traitorous actions did he do or words did he speak? And why do you call him Barry?

It should be ashamed of himself and his supporters should demand it be changed.

Why should he be ashamed, what did he do again?

He hates America and we all know it. He doesn't deserve to even be using my flag in any of his anti American line of crap.

That flag is not owned by you.

So Obama broke the laws and no one is doing anything about it. Arrest and deport the moron.

What laws did he break again?

Old 08-19-2008, 02:28 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,221,042 times
For someone who would not put a flag on his lapel he sure likes the flag now,
he uses it every change he gets, I am sure the vets that fought for the flag will love him for it.
My dad fought in WW11 and he loved the flag, my Mother has the flag that was put on his casket when he died. He would be appauled.

Old 08-19-2008, 02:35 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,666,195 times
Honestly, anyone who lived before 1950 would be appauled at what we have become as a nation, the flag thing would be a minor annoyance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections