U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 03:47 PM

956 posts, read 1,194,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Faux News is without a doubt the official channel of the Republican Party. I don't think there's much dispute about that.
Actually there is considerable dispute about that. You'll find many Democrats who will support the view that it's extremely fair and balanced. Making a statement like this is simply ludicrous.

As a Republican and as someone who watches Fox along with other cable news (even network just to keep it fair), I can tell you that if Fox were Republican I would agree with them all the time.

I don't. I just don't scream at the TV as much as when I watch either MSNBC or NBC so it's better for my blood pressure.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 03:52 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,092,045 times
The thing that makes me upset is when Obama said he picked Biden. Fox still brought people on talking about Hillary's delegates not going to Obama, and what if Obama's supporters didn't like the pick. I doubt very much McCain will have the negative spin when he pick his VP on Fox they gave Obama. That said Fox is republican so thats what you should expect the same way MSNBC is liberal. I will still watch Fox because I like Shep Smith.

Old 08-23-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
The thing that makes me upset is when Obama said he picked Biden. Fox still brought people on talking about Hillary's delegates not going to Obama, and what if Obama's supporters didn't like the pick. I doubt very much McCain will have the negative spin when he pick his VP on Fox they gave Obama. That said Fox is republican so thats what you should expect the same way MSNBC is liberal. ................
The only reason it won't happen is we are not in the same situation the Democrats are. There is a large group of Clinton supporters who are beyond upset that (1) she didn't get the nomination and (2) she didn't get chosen for the VP slot.

There is no like scenerio for the Republicans. If there were, the same type of coverage would occur.

I had to stop watching Fox this morning because the endless coverage fawning over Biden was beyhond nauseating. Sky views, street views, all waiting for this mere mortal to walk out of his house!!!!

What are we coming to? What is the big deal about a man who didn't come close to winning the nomination walking out of his house to get in a waiting car?

Is it really just me? Or is the world going slightly mad?

Old 08-23-2008, 06:33 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,500,687 times
Obama has opened up yet another can of worms.

Obama promised that wives were off limits and what did he do? He lied and broken a promise, but then again what did McCain expect.

Lets have at it, I am sure Obama will want to run and hide with all his family issues.

Like someone said and eye for and eye and the Obama/Biden soccer team is running out of eyes.

Old 08-23-2008, 06:46 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,857,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Obama has opened up yet another can of worms.

Obama promised that wives were off limits and what did he do? He lied and broken a promise, but then again what did McCain expect.

Lets have at it, I am sure Obama will want to run and hide with all his family issues.

Like someone said and eye for and eye and the Obama/Biden soccer team is running out of eyes.

This thread is all over the place. What are you rambling on about?? How does this relate at all?

Old 08-23-2008, 06:49 PM

16,255 posts, read 23,689,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
can someone give me an example of a good non biased news channel? didn't think so.
CNN is not biased

Old 08-23-2008, 06:50 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,009,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
CNN is not biased
You just lost all credibility with that one.

Unbiased. There are none.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:14 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,500,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
This thread is all over the place. What are you rambling on about?? How does this relate at all?
You wouldn't understand anyway. If you were informed you would know that Obama put out an ad attacking Cindy McCain.

But you are not too informed or you would know that, and wow, you get to vote.

Old 08-23-2008, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
CNN is not biased
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
You just lost all credibility with that one.

Unbiased. There are none.
Sure CNN is biased, but it's a lot better than most others and offers far more balance than some.

And I would agree that there are none that are totally devoid of any bias. But the argument here is that Fox is not only biased, but "Republican", and to some therefore "faux"!!! And this is just ridiculous.

There are biased commentators on Fox who are Democrats and also ones who are Republican .. it's called balance.

Old 08-23-2008, 08:30 PM

41,321 posts, read 43,477,276 times
Yes. They usually have "both sides" on the table. Unlike MSNBC, who will have Mathews, Mitchell, Gregory and another lib to give us their punditry.

That's fair and balanced?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections