U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 08:44 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,010,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
Sure CNN is biased, but it's a lot better than most others and offers far more balance than some.

And I would agree that there are none that are totally devoid of any bias. But the argument here is that Fox is not only biased, but "Republican", and to some therefore "faux"!!! And this is just ridiculous.

There are biased commentators on Fox who are Democrats and also ones who are Republican .. it's called balance.
Other than Glen Beck, please name the conservatives on CNN.

We'll wait.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 08:49 PM

389 posts, read 1,063,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
The whole reason for pointing out how many homes McCain doesn't remember owning, is to show how OUT OF TOUCH McCain is with "regular" life...he doesn't know how much you have to make before you're "rich", he doesn't know how much gas costs at the pump, he doesn't know how many houses he has. There is NOTHING wrong in working hard and amassing a fortune (not that McCain did that), but there is A LOT wrong with the President of the United States not knowing any of the details about his own life. No wonder McCain doesn't have any specific policy plans.
Oh. I thought it was to show that he's going senile.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:24 AM

37,143 posts, read 38,811,579 times
Quote:
The whole reason for pointing out how many homes McCain doesn't remember owning, is to show how OUT OF TOUCH McCain is with "regular" life....
I don't know too many Americans that can relate to people who hang out with proud-to-be terrorists (Ayers and Dohrn), who have longtime pastors that scream "God d#*! America!" in the pulpit and who let slumlords hold "lavish" fundraisers for them, either. That's pretty OUT OF TOUCH to "regular life" to me.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:35 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,177,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I don't know too many Americans that can relate to people who hang out with proud-to-be terrorists (Ayers and Dohrn), who have longtime pastors that scream "God d#*! America!" in the pulpit and who let slumlords hold "lavish" fundraisers for them, either. That's pretty OUT OF TOUCH to "regular life" to me.
I think "hang out" connotes friendly, on-going interaction, which is NOT the case with Ayers and Dohrn. Obama detractors are really reaching trying to find something to stick on his character.

Old 08-24-2008, 04:31 PM

956 posts, read 1,194,694 times
Quote:
I think "hang out" connotes friendly, on-going interaction, which is NOT the case with Ayers and Dohrn. Obama detractors are really reaching trying to find something to stick on his character.
Well .... you're right about one thing: Nothing seems to stick to this character.

Even if you leave out all the rest of it, the fact that there is one person in this country who believes it's okay that Barack Obama sat in that church for 20 years, who idolized Rev. Wright for the entire time, who deified him in his book ... that any of you can still even consider this man for President is something that leaves me literally shell shocked.

He should be sitting back in his $1.5 million home very thankful he still has his senate job.

Old 08-24-2008, 05:25 PM

451 posts, read 810,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Another big gaff by Faux News- "look at all the SUVs in front of the house!" and then it turns out they belong to the US Secret Service and not to the Biden family! What a bunch of looney goofs at Faux News Channel.
I know I shouldn't laugh at someone who constantly misspells a three letter word but I "Daux"

Too funny!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections